• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

LordOfChaos

if I understood the guide correctly...

I defeated Father Gascoigne before talking to Eileen so she wont appear and her questline is gone for good.

with that I can't get the Crow Hunter Badge and apparently I can't get a weapon so I can't unlock the trophy "Hunter's Essence"...

(not sure if that's how it works.. help?)

It's weird, I read that too, but playing it again on NG+ I couldn't find her earlier, so I went and beat papa G AND vicar A, and then she was there later, then I did her quest successfully. Idk.

Deku Tree

Working toward the platinum myself and nearly there. As far as i know there are no missables related to trophies apart from the endings. So I'll copy the save file right before I fight the final boss and reload everytime.

The notes on the floor in hunter's dream tell you about it

err where the hell is Eileen i've been looking all night for her? I've found Gilbert, the little girl that gives me the music box, the lady that is looking for a safe place and Iosefka back at the clinic...

is she in the sewers with the rats?? they insta-kill me :(

the guide on playstiationtrophies.com says there are missables, not sure though.

Well you should really try to follow a guide if you want the platinum without going into NG+. Yes there are missables from quests, but not many. But you can get them from rushing through NG+ if you are on level. The platinum does get hard and grindy and frustrating if you don't like chalice dungeons.
Defiled chalice
is one that a lot of people complain about... huge difficulty spike.

Sarcasm

This one?

https://youtu.be/fWbIZHK3WrU?t=1m2s

You broke the illusion over the night phase ROM was holding. Now you and maybe the townspeople can see the real night phase and the effects of the mensis ritual.

The alternate theory is that good guy-spider ROM was actually holding back the ritual. The other note you find in CW is ""The Byrgenwerth spider hides all manner of rituals, and keeps our lost master from us. A terrible shame. It makes my head shudder uncontrollably.""

Oh no after that when you load into a new area after that boss fight and cutscene.

Melchiah

Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords. Halflight gets destroyed by it.

Midir....is just a total asshole. Loran Camerabeast v2.

I might have to try that. Thanks for the suggestion.

I never had so much trouble with Loran Darkbeast, and actually managed to hit it between its attacks.

LordOfChaos

Oh no after that when you load into a new area after that boss fight and cutscene.

Yeah, that time stamp specifically?

Says that the ritual secret is broken and you should seek the nightmare newborn. I.e you ended the illusion of ROM covering the moon phase.

zoodoo

How come this game does not have a boss mode?

I want to redo some fights that I find cool, why do I have to replay the whole game

jviggy43

if I understood the guide correctly...

I defeated Father Gascoigne before talking to Eileen so she wont appear and her questline is gone for good.

with that I can't get the Crow Hunter Badge and apparently I can't get a weapon so I can't unlock the trophy "Hunter's Essence"...

(not sure if that's how it works.. help?)

This is not true! she will appear to the left of cathedral ward if you didn't talk to her before gascoigne. I did it that way my first time so Im positive you didn't mess it up for good. I didn't even find her in the aqueducts until like my 4th playthrough.

Also yeah Ive long wished from would give us a way to do bosses wjenever you want. Theres always BB 2 at E3 tho...he...he...

Sarcasm

They should do what they did for that one boss event in DS3's last dlc where you pay to be able to do it again. I am pretty sure they could patch it in.

LordOfChaos

They should do what they did for that one boss event in DS3's last dlc where you pay to be able to do it again. I am pretty sure they could patch it in.

You could patch a lot, but BBs last patch was December 21 2015, so we're pretty sure to be done now.

Sarcasm

Man UGH! Bosses so far been piss easy.

Freaking NPCs been hard as nails. Kind of shows the downsides to a game like this when they actually make the enemy act better or equal to you.

Die in two to three hits from this hunter I am trying to kill in cath.

He can parry everything I do...like dodging. Where as I can't parry his butt constantly, even when I do it the same time and move. Even filmed it to make sure =( Literally smaller than seconds missed the window.

Such bullshit that they can nearly one shot you....when the bosses I fought so far are snoozefests....

I can't get past this dude no matter what I do. I am going to give up =(

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Freaking NPCs been hard as nails. Kind of shows the downsides to a game like this when they actually make the enemy act better or equal to you.

He can parry everything I do...like dodging. Where as I can't parry his butt constantly, even when I do it the same time and move. Even filmed it to make sure =( Literally smaller than seconds missed the window.

Such bullshit that they can nearly one shot you....when the bosses I fought so far are snoozefests....

Which hunter?
Also, you can run away. Hunters only follow you to a certain point. This helped me in the beginning often.

The one in the Amelia boss room? That's the biggest bullshit one for me.

I lead them down the stairs and fight them there since they always want to go back it can give you time to heal whilst they walk backwards. Poison knives can help, just throw a numbing mist when they get half HP.

Also transform attacks on the end of a combo can be very good against a lot of NPCs/human enemies because they will always want to poise through a combo which is when you parry them, so I will do something like R1, R1, L1 (transform) attack, L2 (gun shot) - it catches a lot of enemies like the Keeper of the Old Lords, Maria etc. Rinse and repeat.

The one in the Amelia boss room? That's the biggest bullshit one for me.

I lead them down the stairs and fight them there since they always want to go back it can give you time to heal whilst they walk backwards. Poison knives can help, just throw a numbing mist when they get half HP.

Also transform attacks on the end of a combo can be very good against a lot of NPCs/human enemies because they will always want to poise through a combo which is when you parry them, so I will do something like R1, R1, L1 (transform) attack, L2 (gun shot) - it catches a lot of enemies like the Keeper of the Old Lords, Maria etc. Rinse and repeat.

My second favourite fight after Maria, third would be Martyr Logarius.

Sarcasm

Yea dude healed after getting hit by the mist.

I am out of knives and I can't even buy more. Down to two mists (from four) which I can't buy either.

Yeah I am done for a week or two. Learning stuff with this guy doesn't seem to help me much and if I take it..most people cheese him lol.

Depends on your definition of cheese. The game gives you numbing mists and poison knives to use at will - poison isn't really to kill, it's to keep their aggro and keep damage ticking whilst you back off and heal or whatever.

It's not like the NPC in Bergenwerth who consistently gets stuck on geometry and allows you to cheese him through the wall. I'd never do that
except when I do every time!

My second favourite fight after Maria, third would be Martyr Logarius.
I'm a big monster guy - give me an Amelia or Ebriatas type boss any day over humanoid types.

zoodoo

hunters show up in chalice dungeon also. Got wrecked last night fighting one with like 10 rats. One on one, i actually enjoy fighting them, but in group they are not fun.

sphinx

the piano man
This is not true! she will appear to the left of cathedral ward if you didn't talk to her before gascoigne. I did it that way my first time so Im positive you didn't mess it up for good. I didn't even find her in the aqueducts until like my 4th playthrough.

err can you tell me exactly where should I have seen Eileen in Cathedral Ward??

yesterday I made lots of progress there and I didn't see anyone, I talked to a beast like thing to the side of the lamp, but noone else was there and I am VERY slow and thorough, I don't rush through the areas.

also, I don't remember anyone being there in central Yhanram where the guides say I should find her, is it maybe that she appears randomly througout the game?

also is she a real person or some stupid missable window?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Go out of the room where the people have the save room. Straight forward when you spawn from the lantern.

Go outside and immeadiatly turn to the left.

sphinx

the piano man
Go out of the room where the people have the save room. Straight forward when you spawn from the lantern.

Go outside and immeadiatly turn to the left.

according to this, she should be in plain sight... I don't understand

the first time you arrive at the cathedral, there are two ways out, to the front or left.

front is eventually blocked going up some stairs and apparently has to be opened from the other side.

left is the path you have to take to progress at that point. Iv've searched every nook and cranny...

GAMEPROFF

Banned
according to this, she should be in plain sight... I don't understand

the first time you arrive at the cathedral, there are two ways out, to the front or left.

front is eventually blocked going up some stairs and apparently has to be opened from the other side.

left is the path you have to take to progress at that point. Iv've searched every nook and cranny...
Front is the way to go. Just look immeadiatly left when you go out.
I didnt noticed her for the first time, too.

jviggy43

She's right outside the ward I'd you go out straight ahead of where you enter the first time. From there turn left and she will be overlooking the tomb of Odeon below, she blends in with the environment really well. You can still do the quest so don't worry.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Speaking if, its really amazing how great the game is in showing its gameworld. Like in you can look from a high point in catedral ward and watch over the forbidden forrest and stuff.

It is done as good as here also in Dark Souls?

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say the
chain ball Undead Giant
is the worst boss of all time in any game. I've taken it down at least 10 times and each time was equally frustrating.

I have yet to find any redeeming qualities about that boss. Total trash.

Speaking if, its really amazing how great the game is in showing its gameworld. Like in you can look from a high point in catedral ward and watch over the forbidden forrest and stuff.

You can't really see how the world connects in Dark Souls with the naked eye, but I'd argue the way From surprises you with how the world connects as you explore it is even more impressive than this game.

sphinx

the piano man
*Facepalm

just checked a youtube video to see what she looked like and yeah I had talked to her in central Yharnam... but she sounded like a man... and I didn't see "Eileen" written anywhere

Bloodborne built on what Dark Souls started with this kind of world building, DS1 is a very connected world with lots of shortcuts back to previous areas. But like LowlySmokeGuy said BB is a bit more visual - DS1 does have some of this, for example you can see Demon Ruins from Tomb of Giants, Blighttown from Firelink Shrine etc. But BB is just really tight. I think DS3 is pretty good at this too actually, although it's very linear to play through, the world fits together very well and you can see many of the areas in the distance from the first area.

Sarcasm

I need to get the item to buy poison knives, if I got get the key and then go up that tower that NPC hunter will not dissappear right?

DS2 is the only game where you can't see connecting areas as they actually don't connect.

zoodoo

chain ball Undead Giant
is the worst boss of all time in any game. I've taken it down at least 10 times and each time was equally frustrating.

So far I've encountered it only once in the chalice dungeon and it wasn't that bad. For me Ebrietas is the worst. She hits like a tank and take damage like one too. I am dreading my next encounter with her in the chalice dungeons.

I hated Rom also in the main game but he's easier in the chalice dungeons. Thanks to the pillars that can block his projectiles.

Bloodborne has 2 ways to approach bosses: rush them or play patiently before striking. None work well on Ebrietas for me.

Playing patiently and keeping yours distance worked well against the chain ball undead.

Melchiah

chain ball Undead Giant

I have yet to find any redeeming qualities about that boss. Total trash.

I'd bestow that questionable honour in Bloodborne to Rom. To my recollection, you come across UG only twice or thrice in the fixed chalice dungeons. The ball & chain version can be a pain in the ass though. I used Threaded Cane's whip form with Fire Paper, and Evelyn & Bone Marrow Ash combo during the final phase, to keep distance to it.

He's the hardest enemy in the main game IMO. Whatever way you do it, it will be a grueling battle and you will be frustrated once you get caught in a parry-riposte (since it OHKO's you).

Here's what I do to kill him -

1. Lead him to the stairs area, it's easier to hit him here.
2. Let him drain off some of his health from time to time with his transformed Chikage.
3. When he's using his Chikage in its normal katana form, ONLY ATTACK ONCE. I find that if I do R1 strings, he gets way more opportunities to parry me. You can wail on him when he has his Chikage transformed since he can't shoot you then.

He also has a tendency to run into thrusting attacks if you have that in your arsenal.

I might have to try that. Thanks for the suggestion.

I never had so much trouble with Loran Darkbeast, and actually managed to hit it between its attacks.

The sword you get from the final DLC boss is also very cool and one of the best weapons in the game. I just hate the Loran Darkbeast not for his damage or his attacks, but because locking on is worthless against him and the camera makes it maddeningly difficult to see what you're attacking at.

Melchiah

The sword you get from the final DLC boss is also very cool and one of the best weapons in the game. I just hate the Loran Darkbeast not for his damage or his attacks, but because locking on is worthless against him and the camera makes it maddeningly difficult to see what you're attacking at.

Heh, if only I could get to the last DS3 DLC boss, and beat it as well. =D

Come to think of it, I did have issues with beating Loran Darkbeast in some depth 5 root chalice. The fighting arena was the same as with the last boss of Ihyll chalice. The main problem wasn't the camera, but how it could kill me with a single strike, despite of being well over 200 level at that point.

EDIT: My mistake, it was actually Bloodletting Beast.

DS2 is the only game where you can't see connecting areas as they actually don't connect.
lol, poor DS2! You can see some stuff in the distance from Majula, the Castle, the Crypt, the Copse. That's not much less than DS3, I just think DS3 makes sense visually as well how it all happens in, on, around and behind this giant castle/citadel. Plus there's no towers with invisible lava pool volcanoes on top of them, teehee!

Sarcasm

lol, poor DS2! You can see some stuff in the distance from Majula, the Castle, the Crypt, the Copse. That's not much less than DS3, I just think DS3 makes sense visually as well how it all happens in, on, around and behind this giant castle/citadel. Plus there's no towers with invisible lava pool volcanoes on top of them, teehee!

I didn't imply it was bad lol. But you go from a cliff in the air, go up, and you're in a lava filed underground lol Oo

sphinx

the piano man
ok any tips for Vicar Amelia??

PLEASE don't tell me I just have to get behind and hit. That would suck.

can I trigger somehow a visceral attack? I've fight it several times and I have not been able to trigger it.

jviggy43

can I trigger somehow a visceral attack? I've fight it several times and I have not been able to trigger it.

You go behind and hit her lol. Well, the side is actually preferable since she does have a back defense, but it really doesn't do much to you so you should be fine either way.

zoodoo

Did you do hemlock lane (the area left to the cathedrale entrance)? I had trouble with Amelia also, decided to explore hemlock lane first and came back and beat Amelia second try.

Hemlock lane's boss is one of the easiest of the game so you probably wont have much trouble and that area also unlock something that will help you greatly also.

Regarding Amelia, play patiently but do not leave too much distance cause she'll heal herself. To prevent her healing you can use numbing mist items. But there are not mandatory, I did not use any. Instead I used charged R2. She's not an unfair boss.

Raptor

as someone with zero Souls experience and just a couple of gaming sessions with this game, I am thrilled.

often I yell at the screen "THAT'S BULLSHIT!" but then I calm down and think "you gotta admit you were a little too late pressing the right button".. -_- } *sigh...ok, here we go again..

I've never been a masochist in gaming but this game... not sure how it does it, it keeps you coming back despite being hard and unforgiving as fuck. I mean, I died, died and died again... and then died some more and often with zero progress just stupid deaths all around, which was starting to get very discouraging..

then I opened up most of the central Yharnam, got to Father Gascoigne and beat him after several tries and ... can't wait to discover more of the game.

If you keep playing and playing there will be a time where it will hours for you to die and the deaths will be silly mistakes.

That happened to me, I aws having troubles farming Vials, after 30 hours I had hundreds of them stored lmao.

My favorite game ever easily.

any recommended level or weapon or specific strategy??

this isn't working....

Numbing Mist, to keep her from healing, when you see put her hands together on a corner or something throw a mist at her, also when she launch at you kepp your right and start atackign her right foot from behind, thats it, attack her at that point only, when she launchs at you.

Use Fire Paper if you have also.

sphinx

the piano man
Thanks everyone for the help/tips

Summon maybe?

I summoned some NPC, (Henriette) and then I could beat the beast, it was a bit easier but damn that was frustrating, I don't think I could have beaten it by myself alone.

if this boss is mid-tier, not-very-hard, I don't think I have no chance at beating all the bosses there are in this game.

Sarcasm

&^%&^%

The stairs don't help me fight this lame fight against this NPC hunter.

Why are bosses piss easy and forgettable than you run into this joke of a challenge. Dude freaking heals through numbing mists!!! It hits him too I checked to see what it look likes.

I can't buy more mists or poison knives either. I am out of both.

You get trained to be relaxed than you get this....where the dude can parry you breathing >.<

How does poison work on gems in weapons? Probably shit right? I can't even really hit the dude because he even poises through R2 charges with ludwigs..even my axe. Both are +6.

So yea I damage him good but he just continues attacking and 2 or 3 shots me 27 VIT dude.

I know this sounds like a rant but googling almost everybody cheeses and yet those cheeses aren't working for me. The other NPC hunters I fought I didn't have to cheese.

Dude shoots his gun regardless where I am at..he just did it when I was kissing him. He also freaking parries backwards!

This fight is such bullshit if I ever get it done..I won't be like yay!

I would be like finally the no fun is over...I can finally move on and see the rest of the areas instead of some OP fight that requires people that can beat this game or souls using bananas. I am not very good but I have beaten every boss with less than three tries up to this point. I know I am not good. That and the horrible FPS this game really makes my skill shine (that I lack of).

So I may have to just delete this game and forget about it for months.

zoodoo

&^%&^%

The stairs don't help me fight this lame fight against this NPC hunter.

Why are bosses piss easy and forgettable than you run into this joke of a challenge. Dude freaking heals through numbing mists!!! It hits him too I checked to see what it look likes.

I can't buy more mists or poison knives either. I am out of both.

You get trained to be relaxed than you get this....where the dude can parry you breathing >.<

How does poison work on gems in weapons? Probably shit right? I can't even really hit the dude because he even poises through R2 charges with ludwigs..even my axe. Both are +6.

So yea I damage him good but he just continues attacking and 2 or 3 shots me 27 VIT dude.

I know this sounds like a rant but googling almost everybody cheeses and yet those cheeses aren't working for me. The other NPC hunters I fought I didn't have to cheese.

Dude shoots his gun regardless where I am at..he just did it when I was kissing him. He also freaking parries backwards!

This fight is such bullshit if I ever get it done..I won't be like yay!

I would be like finally the no fun is over...I can finally move on and see the rest of the areas instead of some OP fight that requires people that can beat this game or souls using bananas. I am not very good but I have beaten every boss with less than three tries up to this point. I know I am not good. That and the horrible FPS this game really makes my skill shine (that I lack of).

So I may have to just delete this game and forget about it for months.

Where is this hunter you are having trouble with? Most if not all of them are skippable.

Sarcasm

Where is this hunter you are having trouble with? Most if not all of them are skippable.

Required..for achievements..eileen quest.

In vicars room. Seriously it is such bullshit that these dudes are opposite of what bosses are.

This is how I will remember this game. Not by any boss (because they are boring). But by this.

In vicars room. Seriously it is such bullshit that these dudes are opposite of what bosses are.
Bloody Crow of Cainhurst. Easily the hardest enemy in the game. I had to cheese him and luckily had the items on me to do it.

Sarcasm

Bloody Crow of Cainhurst. Easily the hardest enemy in the game. I had to cheese him and luckily had the items on me to do it.

He healed through the mists I throw on him. Was pretty lame that he did this. Plus his glitching through shit.

Wish I could summon and just gank his bum. Its beyond difficult now. More like stupid and making me feel stupid.

zoodoo

Come back later. I did it late game and I murdered her first try. Playing bloodborne, never stay stuck too long trying to do one thing. The game always offer you several things to do at any point.

Where are you in the main quest? Have you tried chalice dungeons? First one is really easy. Have you done the other optional quest?

Doing other stuff will either make you play better or allow you to boost stats.

Top Bottom