• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

zsswimmer

Good points about the extra bullet runes, should've thought about that but I haven't really delved deep into custom gem builds or anything. 3 shots can take a pretty large chunk of health away from a boss, so that ain't too bad to have.

damn witch of hemwick. seems very easy but I was tired and died 3 times in a row to her. Gonna try again tomorrow.

Is it just me or does every boss suddenly go nuts in their last couple inches of health.

ramyeon

damn witch of hemwick. seems very easy but I was tired and died 3 times in a row to her. Gonna try again tomorrow.

Is it just me or does every boss suddenly go nuts in their last couple inches of health.
Make sure you're attacking and damaging the two witches as equally as you can to kill them around the same time - otherwise the surviving one will revive the other. You can tell them apart from the bloodstains on them after you attack them.

Also you can just go up and backstab them to get visceral attacks without any issue at all.

Don't bother killing the summoned enemies, just skirt around the outsides of the arena to find the witches and avoid them.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I just mosied over to the thread talking about how sick Garl Vinland from DeS is and now I can't help wish more of the NPC hunters spoke. Think of how conflicting Eileen's quest would be if the other hunters spoke and taunted you. Think of what a massive dick the Cainhurst crow hunter at the end must be.

I just mosied over to the thread talking about how sick Garl Vinland from DeS is and now I can't help wish more of the NPC hunters spoke. Think of how conflicting Eileen's quest would be if the other hunters spoke and taunted you. Think of what a massive dick the Cainhurst crow hunter at the end must be.
Demon's Souls also had NPC phantoms with no speaking lines that attacked you with no dialogue. Most of the Hunters in the game act in place of NPC invaders.

FlowersisBritish

Demon's Souls also had NPC phantoms with no speaking lines that attacked you with no dialogue. Most of the Hunters in the game act in place of NPC invaders.

Yeah, but those were dark phantoms. Save a few cases, most of those npcs could be met in White Tendencies, and even if they were hostile to you, would talk some smack. Big one in my mind Is Maneater Mildred.

silva1991

Most bosses(if not all of em) in this game have second or third forms/phases. witch of hemwick is not exception.

Melchiah

Quick question... I'm pretty much done with the game, but I'm still wondering if there's non-cursed physical attack gems in the root chalices, that go over 19.5%. Has anyone found any?

Just got the official guide book in the mail this week, and I was surprised to see there's a third type of shrieking Madman in the chalices, that carries a corpse and uses it as a weapon. o_O

The trick is to not focus on her summon and focus on the witch,
on last phase the two witches will appears, you have to kill them at the same time or kill one and you have a window of several seconds to kill the other one before she tries to revives the other one

Quick question... I'm pretty much done with the game, but I'm still wondering if there's non-cursed physical attack gems in the root chalices, that go over 19.5%. Has anyone found any?

Just got the official guide book in the mail this week, and I was surprised to see there's a third type of shrieking Madman in the chalices, that carries a corpse and uses it as a weapon. o_O

No idea, Have you tried going to the root chalices?

The madman with the corpse appears on the hintertomb as a treasure guardian in several spots.

zsswimmer

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/file/view/Dungeon Madman.png

Must be a different variation with one that uses a corpse but thats pretty unsettling. Never have come across one but I rarely did the chalice dungeons.

Melchiah

The madman with the corpse appears on the hintertomb as a treasure guardian in several spots.

Yeah, I've went through Isz and Ihyll root chalices, the latter with Rotted and Fetid offerings. I've found higher cursed gems, but 19.5% is the hightest non-cursed physical attack gem I have.

Oh, I've went through two Hintertomb chalices. I guess I just missed that they were carrying corpses. Possibly due to their fast and twitchy movement.

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/file/view/Dungeon Madman.png

Must be a different variation with one that uses a corpse but thats pretty unsettling. Never have come across one but I rarely did the chalice dungeons.

Here's few images from the book.

tWa6vmgl.jpg

KDHGE5Kl.jpg

EDIT: Just noticed where they should appear, but I don't remember coming across with them in Loran chalices either.

zsswimmer

Yeah, I've went through Isz and Ihyll root chalices, the latter with Rotted and Fetid offerings. I've found higher cursed gems, but 19.5% is the hightest non-cursed physical attack gem I have.

Oh, I've went through two Hintertomb chalices. I guess I just missed that they were carrying corpses. Possibly due to their fast and twitchy movement.

Here's few images from the book.

http://i.imgur.com/tWa6vmgl.jpg[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/KDHGE5Kl.jpg[img]

EDIT: Just noticed where they should appear, but I don't remember coming across with them in Loran chalices either.[/QUOTE]

The enemy design in this game is great

Make sure you're attacking and damaging the two witches as equally as you can to kill them around the same time - otherwise the surviving one will revive the other. You can tell them apart from the bloodstains on them after you attack them.

Also you can just go up and backstab them to get visceral attacks without any issue at all.

Don't bother killing the summoned enemies, just skirt around the outsides of the arena to find the witches and avoid them.

yeah i was sort of doing that but I guess I was tired when I was playing and would get caught by her grab or that paralyzing projectile a lot. Give 'er another shot tomorrow morn and prob win on the first try, as it tends to go.

ramyeon

The trick is to not focus on her summon and focus on the witch,
on last phase the two witches will appears, you have to kill them at the same time or kill one and you have a window of several seconds to kill the other one before she tries to revives the other one

There are two witches from the start, it's just that the health bar for the second won't appear until later on. You want to be attacking them both from the start though. I usually visceral the first one I find, then I skirt around the edges until I find the witch with no blood on it (Means it's the one I haven't attacked yet) and visceral it - rinse and repeat, although it becomes harder to differentiate them at that point.

I have one around 21%, it seems they can go up to 21.8%.

Took too long to do it but finally downed Defiled Amygdala and I am now done with that place. Good riddance.

Hoping Ihyll is easier after completing Defiled like I have read in places.

Manu

Took too long to do it but finally downed Defiled Amygdala and I am now done with that place. Good riddance.

Hoping Ihyll is easier after completing Defiled like I have read in places.

Ihyll is easier overall. The second boss is probably the hardest thing about it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Adella is such a creep. I find her creepier than most things in this game. I just got her to try and kill me. She is nuts.
Religious NPCs are often creepy in these games:
- Uuuumbasa lady in Demon's (her piousness was obnoxious)
- Petrus in Dark Souls Nasty fucker.
- Licia in Dark Sousl 2, enough said haha.
- Cromwell in Dark Souls 2 is kind of unsettling too, especially in Scholar where he's
surrounded by spiders on the walls.... ewwww

Religious NPCs are often creepy in these games:
- Uuuumbasa lady in Demon's (her piousness was obnoxious)
- Petrus in Dark Souls Nasty fucker.
- Licia in Dark Sousl 2, enough said haha.
- Cromwell in Dark Souls 2 is kind of unsettling too, especially in Scholar where he's
surrounded by spiders on the walls.... ewwww

I guess the only pure one is the Demon Souls maiden ironically she is the only one who abandoned god compared to the rest.

There are two witches from the start, it's just that the health bar for the second won't appear until later on. You want to be attacking them both from the start though. I usually visceral the first one I find, then I skirt around the edges until I find the witch with no blood on it (Means it's the one I haven't attacked yet) and visceral it - rinse and repeat, although it becomes harder to differentiate them at that point.

I know, in single player you can damage both but the second health bar reminds hidden to surprise the player. In coop each player sees a different witch with her respective bar until the end where both player can finally see both. pretty interesting mechanic in coop

Melchiah

I looked at it, it's 20.3%, thought It was a bit higher. Actually I don't remember, since I wasn't actively looking for one of those.

But I didn't come empty handed, here's a list of shared dungeons, you can find one easily:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...a2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4/edit?pli=1#gid=1814333532

Thanks. Saved the link for the expansion. I've also saved a 100 level character for it on a USB stick, so I can first try it fresh from the first playthrough, and then go through it with my 201 level character. =)

klee123

Having trouble deciding.

I currently have my LHB and BoM and Evelyn at +10 with the best blood gems.

However, I'm considering having a second firearm to accompany my Evelyn.

Looking at the selection, it's either Cannon or Repeating Pistol. Both currently at +9 and I just can't decide.

Oh and my Bloodtinge is currently at 52.

ramyeon

I know, in single player you can damage both but the second health bar reminds hidden to surprise the player. In coop each player sees a different witch with her respective bar until the end where both player can finally see both. pretty interesting mechanic in coop
That's cool, never done that fight co-op before!

Having trouble deciding.

Looking at the selection, it's either Cannon or Repeating Pistol. Both currently at +9 and I just can't decide.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

I guess the only pure one is the Demon Souls maiden ironically she is the only one who abandoned god compared to the rest.

Don't forget poor Rhea

klee123

Seems like a no brainer to me.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I'll be using a blood rock to get it to +10 as well.

I suppose despite that the repeating pistol needs twice the amount of ammo per shot, it probably a better weapon to use with the bone marrow ash compared to the Evelyn.

Don't forget poor Rhea

Second best maiden, she lost hope later one and became
hollow
=[.

Having trouble deciding.

I suggest you to stop increasing bloodtinge, the cap is at 50

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I'll be using a blood rock to get it to +10 as well.

I suppose despite that the repeating pistol needs twice the amount of ammo per shot, it probably a better weapon to use with the bone marrow ash compared to the Evelyn.

Consider that it does the damage of 2 bullets, it can be even more deadly that the Evelyn.

sn00zer

Is there a weapon comparable to Ludwig's Holy Blade? I used it almost eclusviely on my first playthrough, so I want a different but equally powerful weapon

FlowersisBritish

Is there a weapon comparable to Ludwig's Holy Blade? I used it almost eclusviely on my first playthrough, so I want a different but equally powerful weapon

Logarious Wheel is another heavy hitter. I'm planning on using it for my next playthrough. Hunter's axe is also pretty big damage dealer.

sn00zer

Logarious Wheel is another heavy hitter. I'm planning on using it for my next playthrough. Hunter's axe is also pretty big damage dealer.

Where do you get this...looking over an actual guide this time looks like I missed a lot, surprisingly though I found the nightmare plains area on my own

ramyeon

Where do you get this...looking over an actual guide this time looks like I missed a lot, surprisingly though I found the nightmare plains area on my own
You need to either complete Alfred's quest line or kill him (But only once he's moved to his second position near the door to the Forbidden Woods - if you kill him in his first spot then he won't drop it).

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ebrietas in the Isz chalice was tough but not that fun.

Watchdog in the Defiled Chalice is tough but awesome. Up there with shadows of yharnam and gehrman for me as my favourite boss fight (even though I've not beaten it yet. Can get so close!).

Only three more trophies to platinum!!! Can't believe it. It'll be the first souls I've platinumed. Something about the faster gameplay just makes it very moreish, whereas with Dark I got half way through NG+ and drifted away.

Melchiah

You might as well go all the way and just play with 99 insight. I've never done that though and I forget what happens at 99 insight. I think you hear random baby cries throughout the game.

I don't think I have that many insight items. There's probably 60-70 of them left in the inventory. I've used them to keep the Fire/Bolt Paper supply at +30.

This is the first time I hear about a special enemy manifestations in the Forbidden Woods, when you have +15 insight.

I don't think I have that many insight items. There's probably 60-70 of them left in the inventory. I've used them to keep the Fire/Bolt Paper supply at +30.

This is the first time I hear about a special enemy manifestations in the Forbidden Woods, when you have +15 insight.

It's actually the forest leading to Hemwick where it happens. It also happens in Hemwick itself under those conditions.

Melchiah

It's actually the forest leading to Hemwick where it happens. It also happens in Hemwick itself under those conditions.

Ah, I thought the forest was a reference to Forbidden Woods, because it's happened before here, instead of Hemwick Charnel Lane. Using the official names for the places prevents confusion. ;) What kind of enemy are we walking about, and is there any images/videos of it?

Ah, I thought the forest was a reference to Forbidden Woods, because it's happened before here, instead of Hemwick Charnel Lane. Using the official names for the places prevents confusion. ;) What kind of enemy are we walking about, and is there any images/videos of it?

It's the things that the Witches of Hemwick summon.

ramyeon

You might as well go all the way and just play with 99 insight. I've never done that though and I forget what happens at 99 insight. I think you hear random baby cries throughout the game.
Nothing actually happens at 99. The crying can be heard occasionally at 60 insight but it happens after beating Rom anyway regardless of insight.

ramyeon

Oh. That's lame. They should have put in more stuff to see and hear with insight. There's not much incentive to go so high.
There's literally no incentive to keep it high, especially since the higher your insight is the lower your frenzy resistance is. Your beasthood is also lowered meaning you get less benefit out of using pellets etc.

Cool idea but they should've done more with it.

sn00zer

I never spent insight my first play through....Im not exactly sure what its for. The game makes it appear that its worth a ton, but I had like 30 near the end. Honetly have no idea what its for outside of making the cthulu guys appear and used as a currency.

Top Bottom