• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne (PS4) Playstation Blog Update - New Details, New Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRose

Banned
Really, people WAKE UP.

How long was since Dark Souls 2 released looked NOTHING like Dark Souls 2 advertized?

This time it's an even GREATER gap, because you've seen demos that ran like shit. Compared to Dark Souls 2 that ran on real hardware *perfect*.

It's like an exponential growth of downgrades.

Really, people WAKE UP.

How long was since Dark Souls 2 released looked NOTHING like Dark Souls 2 advertized?

This time it's an even GREATER gap, because you've seen demos that ran like shit. Compared to Dark Souls 2 that ran on real hardware *perfect*.

Wat. The game has almost a year before release. GTFO with this bullshit.
(Stealth PC port beg/console shaming? YOU DECIDE!)

Now I know why we didn't see gameplay.

(Does not read like sarcasm/satire.)

Really, people WAKE UP.

Please stop. You're not funny.

The frame rate stuff and "downgrade" talk is really dumb at this stage, even as a joke.

Cuyejo

Really, people WAKE UP.

wut.

Pennywise

Please stop. You're not funny.

The frame rate stuff and "downgrade" talk is really dumb at this stage, even as a joke.

It's no joke from him.
Browse through his history, he's a PC player who got fed up over Watchdogs and Dark Souls 2.
Which was correct for both of these games, however he's comparing a cross gen game, and PS3 game that got beefed up for PC a bit, with an exclusive game...

HORRORSHØW

Really, people WAKE UP.

AelbIYj.gif

Wynnebeck

Banned
Really, people WAKE UP.

Is this a new thing from PC gamers? Compare last gen games to next gen and think the same applies?

Booshka

You couldn't have sounded more elitist if you had tried. I wasn't trying to say that my opinion is THE important one, I was saying that I play the game extensively with one character, exploring the different branches and seeing what I like, and finishing. I even respec'd to see if I wanted to change, I didn't.

A guy who made a bunch of characters vs a guy who played NG+ and more has no advantage whatsoever. I just decided there was a point where replaying the same stuff with little changes outside of random NPC's wasn't enough. So I stayed with arena.

Seriously I didn't realize I had crossed into digital dick-sizing territory. MLG Dark Souls 2 here we come. Where everybody uses katanas.

It's the inevitable fate of many souls threads on GAF unfortunately.

The more you play, the more seriously I take your opinion is all. There is a lot more to be seen than just a NG playthrough and sub 100 hours. Thats fine that most ppl can only spend that amount of time on Souls games, but there is a lot of madness, both PvE and PvP that you are missing. This series is most certainly a time sink for the hardcore fans.

BTW Katanas are for tryhards, STR build all day.

willooi

Also from the EG preview:

Miyazaki: "One of the core concepts that I've had even with Dark Souls and Demon's Souls is my mission and my goal is to make a very beautiful game. I know a lot of people have a hard time believing it when I sway those words, because that's not the first thing that comes to mind. I always believe that there is beauty in darkness. And so with Bloodborne, I feel like the darkness is darker, which means the beauty is going to rise - and you'll be able to really see that beauty out of the darkness."

I love this man, a real gem of a game developer.

Soriku

So is this how it looked in-game? Or does it look like a bullshot?

144111834130afd077c0fopng-b686d9.png

I mean I don't know for sure, but this looks pretty in-game to me. Doesn't look anything unbelievable.

Have they released bullshots for Souls before? I mean besides the DkS2 downgrade which is its own thing.

HRose

Banned

Nope, it's dumb talking about this when it's all already done. It's SMART talking about this when it is actually happening, instead of being surprised after the fact.

Dark Souls 2 bullshit started well before the year it was released. If all these potential players don't learn ANYTHING from what already happened and are ready to swallow it all again, then this is exactly the problem. YOU are the problem, not the developers. The developers simply exploit what they find. They find a gullible, naive audience? They exploit it, since they will believe everything that they are being told.

When the game is one month from release all the rants and complains result to absolutely nothing. You suck it up and shut up.

But if you start to complain about this when it's actually happening, and call developers out to STOP THIS SHIT, then maybe they'll understand it doesn't work, and that it actually hurts the business to promise something the final product will not match.

But nope. Keep blindly worshiping your developers gods, so they'll keep cheating you.

I mean I don't know for sure, but this looks pretty in-game to me. Doesn't look anything unbelievable.

Have they released bullshots for Souls before? I mean besides the DkS2 downgrade which is its own thing.

Not that I can recall. And yeah I agree that looks in-game. If you look at the geometry of the monster's hair/fur, it looks too...jagged and kind of zig-zaggy to be CG.

Instro

Nope, it's dumb talking about this when it's all already done. It's SMART talking about this when it is actually happening, instead of being surprised after the fact.

Dark Souls 2 bullshit started well before the year it was released. If all these potential players don't learn ANYTHING from what already happened and are ready to swallow it all again, then this is exactly the problem. YOU are the problem, not the developers. The developers simply exploit what they find. They find a gullible, naive audience? They exploit it, since they will believe everything that they are being told.

When the game is one month from release all the rants and complains result to absolutely nothing. You suck it up and shut up.

But if you start to complain about this when it's actually happening, and call developers out to STOP THIS SHIT, then maybe they'll understand it doesn't work, and that it actually hurts the business to promise something the final product will not match.

But nope. Keep blindly worshiping your developers gods, so they'll keep cheating you.

You're weird.

The more you play, the more seriously I take your opinion is all. There is a lot more to be seen than just a NG playthrough and sub 100 hours. Thats fine that most ppl can only spend that amount of time on Souls games, but there is a lot of madness, both PvE and PvP that you are missing. This series is most certainly a time sink for the hardcore fans.

You're saying that me not beating the same bosses for the third+ times makes me have less of a valid opinion? Everything you needed to encounter was in NG+ once in terms of what shit people abuse. Please. You're quantifying how long it took me to beat the game or when I stopped as a direct correlation of how skilled I am, or that's what you're implying.

You won't get more out of the game because your character is leveled higher and your bosses are tougher to beat. It just means you have more patience, I had plenty of others game to play and will in the future.

Please don't transform a series I love into the MOBA community.

Requeim

timetostopposting.jpg

What the fuck is going on in your head.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
DOWNGRADE. You read it here first.

But seriously, this E3 was the E3 of delays, sequels and CG, along with the E3 where they lost all shame showing pre-calculated, scripted and absolutely FAKE gameplay sessions coupled with scripted simulated "player" dialogue.

It's a long list of games that once released will look NOTHING like the trailers: Bloodborne, Far Cry 4, Call of Duty, AC Unity, Witcher 3 (at the very least not that video in Microsoft conference on Xbox One), Even Zelda.

Above all, obviously, The Division. That's something completely bullshit that will champion a new tradition of vaporware.

Curiously, all the stuff that looks plausible is the stuff that comes out now. Like Destiny.
You should've seen Demon's when it was first shown at TGS, it ran like at 15 fps. Final product ended up being fine framerate wise.

wut-r-u-casul-o.gif

Shengar

Also from the EG preview:

Miyazaki: "One of the core concepts that I've had even with Dark Souls and Demon's Souls is my mission and my goal is to make a very beautiful game. I know a lot of people have a hard time believing it when I sway those words, because that's not the first thing that comes to mind. I always believe that there is beauty in darkness. And so with Bloodborne, I feel like the darkness is darker, which means the beauty is going to rise - and you'll be able to really see that beauty out of the darkness."

I love this man, a real gem of a game developer.
That quote really show how he really is a Wizardy, Dungeon and Dragon, and Dark Fantasy theme lover.

Holy shit man, it's like graphic should be the priorites of all developer and gamer.

Tex117

Banned

Dude, this is being produced by Sony Japan (like Demon's) They are not going to allow a broken game to be produced that doesn't meet their standards.

viveks86

Cool. Haven't followed the previous souls games. If you think it seems in-game then I'll take your word for it. Definitely looks like a generational leap

So I take it this is the boss referenced from folks who saw the demo?

Yup

You are having a meltdown. Need a hug?

What in the actual fuck did I just read.

On topic: "As such there's no shield in Bloodborne - instead, you're dual-wielding weapons that themselves have dual purposes."

I love the idea of weapons that have dual purposes, man I can't wait to see what other kinds of weapons they have come up with.

VertPin

You need to chill man. You should know not to doubt the A-team of FromSoft, you know. :D

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
DOWNGRADE. You read it here first.

But seriously, this E3 was the E3 of delays, sequels and CG, along with the E3 where they lost all shame showing pre-calculated, scripted and absolutely FAKE gameplay sessions coupled with scripted simulated "player" dialogue.

It's a long list of games that once released will look NOTHING like the trailers: Bloodborne, Far Cry 4, Call of Duty, AC Unity, Witcher 3 (at the very least not that video in Microsoft conference on Xbox One), Even Zelda.

Above all, obviously, The Division. That's something completely bullshit that will champion a new tradition of vaporware.

Curiously, all the stuff that looks plausible is the stuff that comes out now. Like Destiny.

Why are you even lumping Bloodborne in here? The trailer was CG, no shit the graphical fidelity won't be that high in the real game.

Palocca

Yeah, I fucking LOVE the way they're describing it. I love that even though it's clearly Demon/Dark Souls inspired, it is completely its own entity with a unique approach to the hardcore world grinding. I am giddy with excitement right now, surpasses all expectations

The shotgun acting as a shield is a really good idea that didn't come across my mind when I was watching the demo. The shotgun shoots FAST, almost instantly, in contrast to a melee attack that has some start up. The demo guide also mentioned that the shotgun blast has good stun on enemies so it'll definitely be a great option out of tight spots. What impresses me is that there's a lot of recovery frames on the blast to prevent the player from spamming it. It's impressive how balanced everything seems to be already and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Can people please, please PLEASE frigin' well stop thinking they know what a game is like from the tiniest little details. It's getting so God Damn tedious.

HRose

Banned
You need to chill man. You should know not to doubt the A-team of FromSoft, you know. :D

I trust A-team to give better game design than DS2. That's ok.

But the engine itself is a technical thing, and on the technical side it's not like From Software has shone, in all these years.

Shengar

Miyazaki upthread:

Do you realize that by "beautiful" he meant metaphorically, not literally? He even mention both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls that applauded for their world building and its cohesiveness with the gameplay, not their substandard graphical fidelity. One will laughed their ass to the death if someone say that Dark Souls 1FPS Blighttown as beautiful.

Just look at the stunning scenery.

It's THE gothic themed game people were always longing for. I think not only Souls fans should look forward to the game. This could satisfy the needs of Castlevania fans and the like aswell.

But the engine itself is a technical thing, and on the technical side it's not like From Software has shone, in all these years.

And no one has cared, and no one is about to start caring now. That's not why people love the games.

Let's worry about this crap when the game is closer to release, eh? Maybe when they actually show something more than a CG trailer? K?

Elitro

It looks good, but demon souls didn't draw me in because of pretty visuals. Instead i got completely absorbed by the incredible enviroments (music + artwork) and the tight gameplay.

Basically i'm begging for a 2 min official gameplay trailer :p!

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Surprise surprise, another thread on GAF derailed to shit.

It's getting well out of hand. You come to read the discussion and all you get is a fight between those who think they know exactly what the game is, those that think they know the quality of the finished product and those that end up trying to explain why the above are stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom