• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne (PS4) Playstation Blog Update - New Details, New Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if anybody has said anything about this yet, but I was just thinking, with the game not having the"souls" part in its name, what if we no longer get souls? What if instead of collecting souls, after killing enemies we collect their BLOOD.

edit:

I'm with Miyazaki right now. Any questions? :p
if you're still with him, ask if we will still collect souls from enemies :p

edit edit: looks like it has kinda been answered below :O

www.gamepur.com/news/15058-ps4-excl...ing-looking-1080p-screens-show-deadly-be.html

"They are replacing magic with gadgets, guns and such. Main mechanic seems to be related to blood and blood is also used to regain your HP and gain various other benefits."
"You get blood sucking it from corpses or items. Sucking too much blood will turn you into a beast which I suppose is this game’s Soul/Hollow form. The game will apparently become a lot harder to play/control when in beast mode. To become a human again you need human blood and is where the online component comes into play,"

http://www.destructoid.com/bloodbor...death-system-as-the-souls-series-276434.phtml http://forum.destructoid.com/showthread.php?37052-Bloodborne&p=1337484&viewfull=1#post1337484

Basically: 1. Death to possibly be less punishing than the previous Souls games, though still a factor 2. Large continuous integrated map akin to Dark Souls 1 3. A variety of weapons and armor will be available 4. If the translation is right, there may not be two-handed weapons. Weapons may be slotted as "left" or "right" handed weapons, rather than the more open approach of other games in the series.

These were both from the Bloodborne Reddit.

I'm not sure if anybody has said anything about this yet, but I was just thinking, with the game not having the"souls" part in its name, what if we no longer get souls? What if instead of collecting souls, after killing enemies we collect their BLOOD.

Yeah, I think that's pretty much the idea. This is the biological version of a lot of souls concepts, from what it seems like.

Gator86

This is mentioned in the Kotaku write up. Loot is in.

What are you talking about? Every dev makes it a priority to have a steady framerate. Whether that pans out or not isnt indicative of whether or not they prioritized it?

Yeah... From might want to prioritize it even more. The Souls games kind of run like shit on consoles.

www.gamepur.com/news/15058-ps4-excl...ing-looking-1080p-screens-show-deadly-be.html

"They are replacing magic with gadgets, guns and such. Main mechanic seems to be related to blood and blood is also used to regain your HP and gain various other benefits."
"You get blood sucking it from corpses or items. Sucking too much blood will turn you into a beast which I suppose is this game’s Soul/Hollow form. The game will apparently become a lot harder to play/control when in beast mode. To become a human again you need human blood and is where the online component comes into play,"

http://www.destructoid.com/bloodbor...death-system-as-the-souls-series-276434.phtml http://forum.destructoid.com/showthread.php?37052-Bloodborne&p=1337484&viewfull=1#post1337484

Basically: 1. Death to possibly be less punishing than the previous Souls games, though still a factor 2. Large continuous integrated map akin to Dark Souls 1 3. A variety of weapons and armor will be available 4. If the translation is right, there may not be two-handed weapons. Weapons may be slotted as "left" or "right" handed weapons, rather than the more open approach of other games in the series.

No way, is this true? That sounds so fucking awesome.

BadWolf

Interesting, so they went with blood instead of souls.

Oh man. That sounds awesome if correct.

VertPin

I think this was posted the other day? Anyways, still great to hear. Although it doesn't make sense that the leaker of the webm's said he saw a great magic sword, and a pyromancy fireball? Wonder if those are still in?

Persona7

Banned
I'm guessing the tentative release is 2015?
Spring 2015

I think this was posted the other day? Anyways, still great to hear. Although it doesn't make sense that the leaker of the webm's said he saw a great magic sword, and a pyromancy fireball? Wonder if those are still in?

Oh yeah, I wonder if the rumor about the leaked footage being pulled from TGS was because they were reworking certain aspects and removing magic.

I wouldnt be surprised if theyre not. Those leaks were apparently very old builds of the game and according to a few who have seen it the game looks much better/different.

Id be willing to bet the pyromancy he saw was a hold over from the souls games they havent yet removed. I could be completely wrong though haha

I hope there is variety to the weapon animations.

I'll never understand why they made 15 palette swaps with the same underlying movesets.

That's... terrible.

This so much. It frustrated me to no end that most of the greatswords were the same thing with different damage outputs.

VertPin

I wouldnt be surprised if theyre not. Those leaks were apparently very old builds of the game and according to a few who have seen it the game looks much better/different.

Id be willing to bet the pyromancy he saw was a hold over from the souls games they havent yet removed. I could be completely wrong though haha

That's true. Wouldn't be surprised if the "Project Beast" webm's were alpha.

Dascu

So instead of regaining humanity by helping other players, you turn into a vicious beast that hunts them down online.

I guess that's pretty goddamn fucking awesome.

This whole beast form being harder to control thing is a bit worrying to me. I'm fine with losing health as a death penalty, like in Demon's and Dark 2, but I really don't like variable character responsiveness (why I hate adaptability in DS2).

So instead of regaining humanity by helping other players, you turn into a vicious beast that hunts them down online.

I guess that's pretty goddamn fucking awesome.

I cant....cant even imagine the amount fun it would be to fight as a nightmare creature along with its movesets....let alone fighting against another human player that is one the adrenaline rush...ugghhhh release this game already...Im posting too much in this thread lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I AM EXPECTING GAMEPLAYYYYYYYYY

Nordicus

Imru’ al-Qays;116041796 said:
This whole beast form being harder to control thing is a bit worrying to me. I'm fine with losing health as a death penalty, like in Demon's and Dark 2, but I really don't like variable character responsiveness (why I hate adaptability in DS2).

Suddenly fatroll

le.phat

The heart was ever so scary. The Old Monk never had a heart, mind. He merely took one and hung it up, using it whenever he wished, which was not often.

Thanks for the insights to the both of you! As we all know, DeSo and DaSo have their own fanbases, and its often debated which one is the better souls universe, but this right here is the reason why i herald the former title. DeSo, while less refined, offers a far better story for the player to unfold, and when the game was released in all its glorious silence, puzzling the pieces together was ultimately the strongest aspect of the game for me, and its this part of DeSo, that i hope will carry over to Bloodborne,

Reading these insights i can feel the same bewonderment i felt when trekking through the Demon's souls for the first time! Thank you.

For the folks who wish to read more about the lore and world-building mechanics of DeSo i highly recommend the following wrtite-up.

Kayant

It has been kind or rumored or hinted at. No clarification yet.

Oh so you're saying there is hope yessss... I hope it's not going as a dark souls beginner it's on of the things I enjoy along with pyromancy.

I will join the hype train for possible gameplay :D

Deckard Cain getting killed like his name is Deckard Cain

The nonsense would've been far more forgivable if he had let it drop. But trying to retcon and say he was right all along and he is owed an apology? Nah...all of us who actually read his posts remember gems like him saying "This is not a souls game & does NOT play like one."

Yeah, it might not play like a "sword and board" build of Souls, but it sounds like it plays a helluva lot like a shieldless, dual-wield Souls build.

The stamina confirmation is just the last in a series of confirmations that this is far from a DMC-like action game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom