• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodstained is coming to Switch

LewieP

Like Cave Story? xD

I imagine that's exempt because it's never been on any non-Nintendo consoles.

This thing's got fucking SF2 on it.

I mean eShop exclusive indie games.

Btw I can't find the quote right now, but I'm not just making this up, there was a dev on twitter that said they are mainly interested in new stuff. They're making some exceptions, but don't expect too many older indie games to end up on the Switch. At least initially.

Sealtest

I've never been a huge indie fan but the Switch is making me a new man.

I'm in for this and a lot more indies.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
This.

Get a very bad feeling about this.
Why?

I feel like Kickstarter leads to this type of confusion. Usually, when a game is announced, the developer is far into development and has something to show. When Bloodstained was Kickstarted it was, of course, just beginning development. It's not like a normal game release schedule - it was funded before there was even a game there. So it's just normal development time now.

There are builds out there and it plays well. It's a promising game. I wouldn't worry.

Oregano

Why are people assuming the Switch version will be ported by Armature?

The reason the Vita/Wii U versions were outsourced was because Armature will have to port UE4 to those systems. Switch supports UE4(and very well by the looks of it) and Inti-Creates just released a Switch launch game.

TheMoon

Nah, he's right. Damon said it on NVC; for now they're looking primarily at unreleased stuff and wanting release date parity if possible.

Towerfall and Overcooked get a pass for being perfect multiplayer games for the Switch (also Overcooked is still recent enough). Nicalis gets a pass because they've supported them a lot in the past and they're also bringing over Redout and BoI Afterbirth+ so their older ports that come later are probably okay because of that (and they're not coming out first).

Eusis

Why?

I feel like Kickstarter leads to this type of confusion. Usually, when a game is announced, the developer is far into development and has something to show. When Bloodstained was Kickstarted it was, of course, just beginning development. It's not like a normal game release schedule - it was funded before there was even a game there. So it's just normal development time now.

There are builds out there and it plays well. It's a promising game. I wouldn't worry.
It's kind of insane to worry anyway. It's still within a reasonable time frame, we even only JUST hit the originally promised date, and we've had both Kickstarter and major publisher titles slip by far more; Torment, Cosmic Star Heroine, Persona 5 anyone? Seriously, those are 3 games that were advertised for Holiday 2014 and only just now are coming out.

EDIT: I also half expect blame space to be joking or trolling there, it's the people taking that seriously that need to pay attention to actual precedent.

LewieP

Towerfall and Overcooked get a pass for being perfect multiplayer games for the Switch (also Overcooked is still recent enough). Nicalis gets a pass because they've supported them a lot in the past and they're also bringing over Redout and BoI Afterbirth+ so their older ports that come later are probably okay because of that (and they're not coming out first).

Yep. Hence "on the whole".

First game I backed up and already regretting it, don't care for switch announcement if they don't have a single news since like forever.

Forever ? We have one update per month at least and every aspect of the game has been promising so far. It's just normal game dev time.
Heck we even have a playable demo ( even if that version is old now )

I backed this game for the Wii U version. If that one is no longer coming, I sure hope they'll allow people in my situation to change it over to the Switch version.

Opa-Pa

That's neat, I was planning on playing on Vita, and I'll probably already own a Switch by the time this comes out. Here's hoping it's a good port.

Mivey

That's a far less stupid idea than releasing it on Wii U or Vita.
Porting teams for obscure dying platforms that only a handful people use anymore need to eat too. Stop being so elitist!
God, I still remember being called out on "concern trolling" for telling that those ports were a dumb idea.

Cleve

I hope they're willing to take the wii-u port out behind the shed now. Switch seems like the no-brainer system for this.

First game I backed up and already regretting it, don't care for switch announcement if they don't have a single news since like forever.

They post updates all the time. Making games, even indie ones takes considerable effort. Games get delayed all the time too. This is hardly a disaster, or unexpected.

Top Bottom