• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloody Spell - Souls + Sekiro action game

Whitesnake

Banned
Actually looks pretty great.

What part of it is hentai, though? Does it have H-scenes or a nude mode or something?

Because I’m not seeing anything idicating adult content on the steam page, and referring to it as “hentai” is going turn a lot of people away from it.

Aidah

I bought it and played it for 3 hours. It's early access. Kind of janky, but it's still in development. Still found it interesting overall. Will play it some more. You can put the female character in a bikini if you want, which of course I did. No hentai. No Sekiro. Some Souls, but mostly more like DMC. When you die you start over but with equipment, moves...etc intact. However, the layout of the level is kind of randomized each time you start over. There are a few interesting ideas in there. It's kind of difficult on hard. Oh, and the English translation can be funny sometimes.

Im definitely interested in this game now. Thanks for posting, OP. I added it to my Steam wish list and I'll check back with it once its has more time to progress.
The combat and exploration elements look pretty good to me. Of course, I love the T&A factor too :)

giphy.gif

A tough challenge and maybe being able to customize the girl a bit (different hairstyles, hair colors and body shapes) would be awesome.
I guess the game is Chinese? I hope they continue to make games that dont conform to Western rules, when it comes to sexy girls.

Actually looks pretty great.

What part of it is hentai, though? Does it have H-scenes or a nude mode or something?

Because I’m not seeing anything idicating adult content on the steam page, and referring to it as “hentai” is going turn a lot of people away from it.
It has bikini outfits and boobs jiggle

DESTROYA

Hey OP this game has nothing you stated in the title.
No hint of Sekiro or Souls game and I no hentai , 3 swings and your out.

Graciaus

If you're interested in this game for the pervy angle, forget it. This isn't that kind of game. There is actually nothing I would consider pervy content. Saint's Row has more pervy content than this game.

As far as what kind of game this actually is, well, it's a third-person 3D brawler game with some RPG elements. It is not "an RPG," though. Ignore all the other reviews comparing this game to Dark Souls. They didn't play it much.

This game has a lot more in common with Ninja Gaiden, Onimusha, and God of War
than anything in the Souls vein.

From the first review on steam. You let me down OP. Still interested though.

Vlaphor

Been playing this game for a bit (in the pink version of this outfit)

giphy.gif

and I am digging it a fair bit, but the camera is pretty bad. Still, the gameplay is fairly good, being a rogue-like 3d action game with a decent amount of maneuverability. Thumbs up.

Been playing this game for a bit (in the pink version of this outfit)

giphy.gif

and I am digging it a fair bit, but the camera is pretty bad. Still, the gameplay is fairly good, being a rogue-like 3d action game with a decent amount of maneuverability. Thumbs up.
hehe same outfit im wearing.. Died in 2nd chapter. :/ Boss was too tough and my revive thingy was depleted, so game put me back to beginning of 2nd chapter. There is no auto save or mannual checkpoint. It only saves when u kill final boss of the chapter. If you can save in chapters then please tell :(

Last edited:

Vlaphor

hehe same outfit im wearing.. Died in 2nd chapter. :/ Boss was too tough and my revive thingy was depleted, so game put me back to beginning of 2nd chapter. There is no auto save or mannual checkpoint. It only saves when u kill final boss of the chapter. If you can save in chapters then please tell :(

The game doesn't really communicate this too well, but it's a rogue-like, similar to games like Spelunky, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Rogue Legacy...and Rogue. The idea that the game works by runs, but not by save points. You'll save certain things each run and get more and more powerful. If you want to save, you need to beat the boss.

xool

Hey OP this game has nothing you stated in the title.
No hint of Sekiro or Souls game and I no hentai , 3 swings and your out.
I saw backstab and dodgeroll in the video - enough for most reviewers..

It looks faster though . getting vague Onechanbara vibes .. I wonder why

Don’t mean to necropost but I’d never heard of this game and picked it up on Steam for like $6 the other day.

I’ve been playing it on Steam Deck docked with a controller and I love it.

It brings back the joy of importing some weird PS2 release, but it’s not that inaccessible. There’s some fun translation issues but it’s pretty solid. I wish there were more games like this. The translation and the explanations of systems is really endearing.

I’m guessing this is something along the lines of Stellar Blade but I missed the demo window.

If you haven’t checked it out, I think it’s still on sale and the performance on Steam Deck isn’t perfect but it’s completely playable. Minor frame drops here and there but nothing that has really impacted the gameplay for me so far. Check it out.

AlphaMale

Given the recent interest in Stellar Blade, maybe this game will see some increased sales! Or better yet, maybe they should bring it out on PS5 as well! lol

Top Bottom