• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint is remastering a handheld game for a current-gen console (seemingly PS4?)

Please not Gravity Rush

You can abandon Vita, Sony, but please don't purge what few amazing AAA exclusives it has.

It would be utterly heartbreaking, because Kat is Vita. But we have to ask ourselves: What matters more? The franchise or the system? Ultimately, I would sacrifice a thousand Vitas for one Gravity Rush to live on.

Talax

Why is everyone mentioning vita games? I can't see any reference to it. This is probably a PSP game. I hope it's dissidia or crisis core

grapetile

Neo Member
Persona 4: The Goldenest

Gravity Rush sounds plausible, honestly though. Maybe.
Thinking about it more it sounds like it could be Uncharted to pack into a collection.

Interested in any case. Bluepoint have done pretty good work thus far.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Killzone Mercenary was a good game - arguably better than Shadowfall in some respects. It was certainly better than that pile of garbage CoD Ghosts. An HD port with more levels and a fully fleshed out MP would be great.

Squire

Banned
Please not Gravity Rush

You can abandon Vita, Sony, but please don't purge what few amazing AAA exclusives it has.

If you really think GR is all that amazing you should be begging them to port so it actually lives on.

No one wants to buy a Vita for it. That ship sailed long ago.

Please let it be Gravity Rush or Killzone Mercenary.

Please not Gravity Rush

Vita is a sinking ship. I think Sony should save the few gems it had like they're doing with Tearaway.

Takao

Banned
Square Enix outsourced Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster. There's nothing saying this isn't Type-0.

There's nothing saying it's not a Sony game either, but they don't exactly have a tonne of highly acclaimed handheld games.

Cha

I'm gonna go with Uncharted or Killzone Mercenary. To me, it seems unlikely to be a Japanese developed game like Freedom Wars or Gravity Daze. And screw you guys hoping for Gravity Daze moving completely to PS4. I want more Kat on my Vita! :mad:

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The first game I thought of was Batman Vita but then I realized it has already been ported. Lol.

Half jokingly talked about Bluepoint doing Kingdom Hearts 3D remaster few weeks back so...!

I'm gonna say Gravity Rush doe. Would plat again.

Honestly I don't think they want to remaster Golden Abyss unless it's a part of bigger package.

culafia

Who thinks like this? Wow.

No need to have that condescending attitude, dude. There's absolutely an abhorrent lack of respect from Sony for its handheld's library, and they're slowly destroying what little first-party personality the system has. Do you know how fucked up it would be if Nintendo just said "this year, we're porting New Leaf, NSMB2, SM3DL, Pokemon X, Luigi's Mansion 2, and Kid Icarus Uprising to Wii U because we want more money"? It would diminish a huge amount of 3DS' value to prospect buyers and people who already own it just to make a quick buck. It's not on that scale, but Sony is actively saying "here are some indie ports, now leave us alone while we salvage what few dollars we can."

So yeah, buddy. I think like that.

bombshell

Assets wise, Killzone: Mercenary is the one that is best suited for an up-port.

But it's most likely Uncharted: GA to be included in the inevitable Uncharted Game of the Years Complete Collection.

prwxv3

Gravity Rush would be the best though. sad for vita but I would rather the series live. We were lucky enough that Sony greenlit a sequel.

Guy guys its obviously going to be this

Uncharted_FFF_cover.jpg

Foshy

Uncharted: Golden Abyss sounds the most plausible, probably released as part of an Uncharted Remaster Collection.

My wish would be WipEout 2048 with the HD/Fury DLC, but I doubt that's happening ;_;

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
No need to have that condescending attitude, dude.

It's a selfish, self-serving attitude, so yes, it is deserved.

There's absolutely an abhorrent lack of respect from Sony for its handheld's library, and they're slowly destroying what little first-party personality the system has. Do you know how fucked up it would be if Nintendo just said "this year, we're porting New Leaf, NSMB2, SM3DL, Pokemon X, Luigi's Mansion 2, and Kid Icarus Uprising to Wii U because we want more money"? It would diminish a huge amount of 3DS' value to prospect buyers and people who already own it just to make a quick buck. It's not on that scale, but Sony is actively saying "here are some indie ports, now leave us alone while we salvage what few dollars we can."

So yeah, buddy. I think like that.

Blah blah blah Sony is mean to vita owners blah blah blah

Get over it. Vita bombed. Absolutely bombed. If you like the game, you should enjoy the fact that others will get to play it and enjoy it with you. Your attitude is bizarre.

Goddamn, every day with the Vita fans.

I'm not sure if it would be Tearaway because that had some original content being developed. I wonder.

I think Uncharted Vita would be a good option-- Sony could be remastering all four games for a collection. Alternatively, it could be KZM for PSN but Killzone is so flat by now I wonder if Sony is bothering.

Gravity Rush I feel like won't happen. They're just going to release 2 on PS4 and that will be that.

Who thinks like this? Wow.

They should port everything from Vita to PS4, if you ask me. Not like the Vita losing an exclusive is going to make things worst at this point. It will probably sell 10 less units.

RK128

My bet it is either of these games:
-Gravity Rush
-Uncharted Golden Abyss
-Wipeout 2086
-Killzone Mercenary
-Any of the PSP Sython Filters

Any of those games is the most logical. Killzone wouldn't need that much work (same with any of the other Vita games) and if its Wipeout Vita, then it would also fill in the gap of the futuristic racer that Sony currently lacks (why now PS4 Wipeout Sony :(....Why X().

I also say the PSP Sython Filters due to Sony Bend working on....SOMETHING for the PS4. If that something is a new SF game, then it would be smart for Sony to make a HD Collection of the PSP games to catch people up with the series.

impact

Banned
Killzone Mercenary was a good game - arguably better than Shadowfall in some respects. It was certainly better than that pile of garbage CoD Ghosts. An HD port with more levels and a fully fleshed out MP would be great.

We don't need a new Killzone every year. Give the series a rest.

It's a selfish, self-serving attitude, so yes, it is deserved.

Blah blah blah Sony is mean to vita owners blah blah blah

Get over it. Vita bombed. Absolutely bombed. If you like the game, you should enjoy the fact that others will get to play it and enjoy it with you. Your attitude is bizarre.

Goddamn, every day with the Vita fans.

/r/Vita is a hellscape of this attitude. And I partially understand it - you bought a Vita for a portable PS3 and that only lasted a year or so. But indie games rock and anyone who would rather an incredible franchise like Gravity Rush die early on a dead platform instead of live on on the most phenomenally successful console of all time is just being petty.

Top Bottom