• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint is remastering a handheld game for a current-gen console (seemingly PS4?)

I-hate-u

Definitely this or Resistance: Burning Skies

vbSBUjU.gif

Dawg

I just hope a Gravity Rush port or Gravity Rush 2 will include Photo Mode.

I think it would be a great feature.

DieH@rd

Banned
I'd love to see Wipeout 2048...

This, but with highly enhanced visuals of the tracks.

A brand new thought. I would also like to see Wipeout game powered by DriveClub engine, with all tracks set in nature with tracks that cover not only ground, but also more fantastical elements like floating mountains. Of course, there has to be tracks that go all the way up to clouds [we all know how awesome clouds are in DC].

Great. Now I am sad...

Freeman

Banned
Can't be Tearaway, the game looks like will be much more than just a remaster.

I have no idea what this might be.

Uncharted GA seems like the worst idea, why introduce Uncharted to the PS4 with the weakest entry in the series that was also made by a different developer than ND?

Gravity Rush is the safest bet, but it doesn't seem like the kind of game that would require BluePoint to be involved.

culafia

It's a selfish, self-serving attitude, so yes, it is deserved.

Blah blah blah Sony is mean to vita owners blah blah blah

Get over it. Vita bombed. Absolutely bombed. If you like the game, you should enjoy the fact that others will get to play it and enjoy it with you. Your attitude is bizarre.

Goddamn, every day with the Vita fans.

Blah blah blah Vita bombed blah blah blah others will get to play it.

Goddamn, every day with the condescending attitude.

Sony made an amazing handheld, are destroying its legacy, and deserve every ounce of shit I'm giving them.

Sony made an amazing handheld, are destroying its legacy, and deserve every ounce of shit I'm giving them.

Kev was right though. Best thing Sony should do is move everything to their more successful platform (PS4)

Puru

Can't be Tearaway, the game looks like will be much more than just a remaster.

I have no idea what this might be. Maybe Sony should let the Vita keep some of it's exclusives.

No reaon to do it to be honest, third party exclusives aside. Vita could still get some release alongside PS4 and some third party support.

Gravity Rush could find a new life on PS4. Killzone Mercenary or Uncharted Golden abyss are decent enough to be ported on the thing in some kind of remix, Soul Sacrifice/Freedom Wars could attract more player which would be beneficial to the vita playerbase because it would also mean more people online. I can guarantee that Freedom Wars will be void of players in less than 2 months.

JamboGT

As I've said on the previous page...

WHY THE HELL WOULD ANYONE NEED A CHARACTER ARTIST FOR A GAME THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY CHARACTERS AT ALL!

sorry

I didn't read all the posts, but maybe they will go back to basics and add characters just like the original ;)

David___

Banned

Vita's legacy is already destroyed.

BokehKing

Banned
I hope Sony doesn't waste anymore time with (wtf why do I hear a rooster cock-a-doodling?) killzone, that series needs to be put down and cremated

kpaadet

Its like Sony is on a mission to make Vita the system with the fewest exclusives ever, with that said I wouldnt mind playing Killzone Mercenary on a console.

We don't need a new Killzone every year. Give the series a rest.

I've got some bad news for you...you got two KZ games in 2013...Mercenary and Shadowfall. Two years after Killzone 3. Of the two, KZ Mercenary has the better SP (actually realizing the multiple paths to complete a level angle with a more interesting story showing how crazy both sides are) - while Shadowfall has the better MP. I think it's only fair for more people to play the better game - which was only held back by the lackluster Vita sales.

prwxv3

Did anyone at Sony ever say why a sequel to GR as greenlit anyway? I doubt it was because of sales. Sounds like a passion project which is pretty cool.

Glass Rebel

My money is on Uncharted: Golden Abyss. If they removed all the touch stuff, it would be actually a pretty decent game. Better than the first UC anyway.

David___

Banned
I agree...

...thanks to Sony retroactively turning it into the "ports and inferior versions of better ports" machine.

Can you blame them? They have two systems on the opposite side of the spectrum. One is dead and the other one is actually selling. The least they can do is make the more interesting exclusives like Tearaway and possibly GR actually have a chance to shine. Leaving it on the dead platform will do nothing for the IPs.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Yes, well, while other people get to enjoy a great game (and the sequel which is coming to PS4 sorry) you can write tomes on the Vita's shattered legacy.

Freeman

Banned
No reaon to do it to be honest, third party exclusives aside. Vita could still get some release alongside PS4 and some third party support.

Gravity Rush could find a new life on PS4. Killzone Mercenary or Uncharted Golden abyss are decent enough to be ported on the thing in some kind of remix, Soul Sacrifice/Freedom Wars could attract more player which would be beneficial to the vita playerbase because it would also mean more people online. I can guarantee that Freedom Wars will be void of players in less than 2 months.

Makes sense, if they all had cross-buy, cross-save it could even have a positive effect for Vita if they are really going to push it as a PS4 companion.

If they were willing to port Tearaway it is a safe bet they will probably port everything else.

Nibel

Tearaway is probably made by MM themselves.

Therefore, I think it will be Uncharted: Golden Abyss to fill some gap in the next year before the U4 launches.

Gravity Rush would be interesting, but I don't think Sony likes Kat.

Salex_

Did anyone at Sony ever say why a sequel to GR as greenlit anyway? I doubt it was because of sales. Sounds like a passion project which is pretty cool.

Seems like their Japan studios can do whatever they want regardless of how long it takes or if their games sell well lol.

I'm glad they greenlit the sequel though. The franchise has so much potential and Kat is a great character.

wut? Kat already had a ton of cameos since the game came out in 2012.

prwxv3

Tearaway is probably made by MM themselves.

Therefore, I think it will be Uncharted: Golden Abyss to fill some gap in the next year before the U4 launches.

They greenlit a sequel so they care enough. And I don't think they greenlit it because of sales.

Gravity Rush believe

I hope it's not Uncharted since the Vita one was the worst of the series

That's impossible. It's not the worst, and that's sad for the entry that *is* the worst because, y'know , a handheld game by Sony Bend was better than one of the ND games.

Killzone Mercenary...believe.

Could be.

I'd love to see Wipeout 2048...

Good thinking.

soul sacrifice

This crossed my mind.

Well, there goes another Vita exclusive... :/

What's it matter? Vita is already dead in the west anyway.

Could it be a PSP title ?

Maybe, but probably not. Bluepoint seems to handle 1st party games when doing the remasters or ports -- if that's the case, what 1st party AAA games from the PSP library would remain to bring to PS4?

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified: Remastered

I laughed.

Patapon. Believe.

Seems unlikely.
If it is Patapon, they'd do a Patapon collection, though -- the artstyle would probably lend itself to being redone in HD. Also, a PSP game actually would fit that "next gen controls" or whatever bit in the blurb...

I've got some bad news for you...you got two KZ games in 2013...Mercenary and Shadowfall. Two years after Killzone 3. Of the two, KZ Mercenary has the better SP (actually realizing the multiple paths to complete a level angle with a more interesting story showing how crazy both sides are) - while Shadowfall has the better MP. I think it's only fair for more people to play the better game - which was only held back by the lackluster Vita sales.

Fair?
Nothing is "fair" in the games industry. Or life in general.

prwxv3

Seems like their Japan Studios can do whatever they want regardless of how long it takes or if their games sell well lol.

I'm glad they greenlit the sequel though. The franchise has so much potential and Kat is a great character.

Well Team-ICO (who no longer exists now) games were not made with profit in mind in the first place.

prwxv3

Seems like their Japan studios can do whatever they want regardless of how long it takes or if their games sell well lol.

Yea Kat is one of the best playable female game characters made recently.

Dawg

If it's Golden Abyss, it better be part of a complete Uncharted Collection.

I'm not paying $59,99 for one [vita] port.

FoneBone

I'd also go with Uncharted, either as a standalone PSN release or as part of a complete series collection.
If it's Golden Abyss, it better be part of a complete Uncharted Collection.

I'm not paying $59,99 for one [vita] port.
It'd be at least 3 years old by the time it got a console release... I don't think there's any chance of Sony trying to sell it on its own for full price. They're not that crazy.

Top Bottom