• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bob Odenkirk & David Cross get Netflix Series Order - "With Bob and David"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member

IronRinn

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Uh...well then...

7YSzikn.gif

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! MR SHOW LIVES ON! Hope they get the old crew back together. Would love to see Tom Kenny doing more live action stuff.

I was just thinking about if they were going to do anything together after seeing Bob Odenkirk on Seinfeld last night, I'll definitely watch it

riotous

Banned
NICE!

Mr. Show had so many classic sketches; HBO should capitalize and do a re-release of the show on Bluray or something.

Somebody told me that wasn't David Cross on this week's Better Call Saul and I was confused. I've come to the realization that I can't recognize actors for shit.

This is great news though.

riotous

Banned
Wait... Wasn't there something about a Mr Show reunion recently? What happened with that?

This is probably it; the picture they posted a couple months back was likely them creating the idea to shop around.. whether or not they approached HBO is uncertain, but kind of obvious this is essentially a continuation of Mr. Show considering the title.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
YES!

I knew they were doing something together, but I'm just so glad to hear it'll be with Netflix.

I was pleased that Mr. Show was ranked third (after SNL and Monty Python) on Rolling Stone's recent list of best sketch comedy shows ever.

Yes! This helps me cope with the Birthday Boys getting canned.
Yeah, that was surprising and disappointing.

I thought that my home was my caaastle,
With one one scrutinizing me.
No pigs, no lyin bitch, no hassle.
Y'all are brutalizing me.
Can a man not drink his beer in silence?
Can a man not cudely lie and scream?
Can a man not control his bitch with violence?
Y'all are brutalizin me.
Y'all are bruatlizing...meeeeeeeeeeee!

That whole musical bit was perfection.

Well we'll see how this turns out. Mr. Show is legend tier but it's been a long damn time since that creative team was together and I doubt they can get everyone back. I'll be there day one but these things never live up to expectations.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
This is what Bob recently told Rolling Stone about the show:

You're working with David Cross on a new show. Is this a Mr. Show reunion?

There will be no Mr. Show reunion. There will be a new sketch-comedy show featuring the writing and performing of the great and special Bob and David. And please use those terms because it's like King of Pop — the Great and Special Bob and David. It will not be called Mr. Show, it will not have the set, the music, the logo or the construction. There will be a change in pacing and probably a more integrated bunch of ideas. And yet we are still the same people. Better Call Saul is not Breaking Bad, but it's written by the same writers and you can see connections, right? It hopefully will be quite the same as far as the relationship between the two.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/feat...all-saul-and-the-mr-show-non-reunion-20150316

iammeiam

Hoping the end result is good, but slightly nervous.

I am continually impressed by how Netflix spends their money.

Trouble

Banned
Amazing news!

I'm actually glad they aren't calling it Mr. Show. This is 20 years later so it's bound to be something different and that's OK.

vatstep

I went to the live show that Bob and David did in 2013, and I thought it was horrible, so it's probably a good idea to be cautiously optimistic. That was kind of a weird amalgam of sketch and standup, though, and most other people in the crowd seemed to enjoy it, so what do I know?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Really hope they can recapture the magic, but after AD I'm nervous.

Arrested Development Season 4's problems can largely be traced back to the fact that the structure was almost imposed on them by how impossible it was to reunite the cast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom