• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bombs detonated at Boston Marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still catching up but why are people blaming Obama for this. I've literally been reading people post how sad they are about the boston marathon and then say "thanks Obama". They aren't kidding either.

It's such an awesome sight to see the EMTs and other crews respond immediately like that. In one of those videos, I seen a few dudes running towards the smoke not even caring about the potential of more explosions going off.

Lots of attacks make not much sense. I would not put it past any religious nut job.

nah. even this attack makes sense due to how crowded the boston marathon would be.

whether or not the bomber/s have any agenda a place like this ensured higher news coverage and lots of panic and casualties.

terrible stuff, i hope the injured recover.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
There's cameras literally everywhere, with tons of witnesses everywhere. There's no need to speculate, we'll know exactly what happened relatively soon.

GJS

Fox news aired a picture/video of a guy with his legs gone being moved in a wheelchair from the scene.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Upset at the government. This idea seems a lot more plausible than foreign terrorists, although we have no clue who did this yet.

We don't even know what the cause of the explosions were in the first place. Both CBS and CNN are reporting that they do not know yet.

jstripes

Banned
This is completely horrifying.

If these were indeed bombs, and as no one's claimed responsibility yet, my gut tells me it's some lone domestic terrorist nutcase.

Scrizzard

Neo Member
It's too early to call, but I think what I've seen so far looks hopeful for casualties and injuries. Obviously any toll is too high, but it doesn't look like the nightmare scenario you might imagine when you hear 'Boston Marathon' and 'bombs' in the same sentence.

'Terrorism' is not the exclusive domain of any one group or ideology.

Yeah, I'm glad this doesn't look too terrible in terms of a death toll. This is good, like that mall shooting a couple days ago where only a couple were injured.

Wow these CBS reporters are fucking awful. They are trying to out do each other with who saw the most gruesome stuff and how crazy it was. They are also trying to do their best to make the reporting all about them.

Photo of the site of explosion (Pre-Explosion) from Google Maps

C2KDyV5.jpg

The_Monk

Fellow GAFfers please don't judge too soon regarding this. It's just a sad event but pointing fingers to others as a chance to who did it does not help to be honest.

What could possibly be the message they are trying to send? "I hate long distance runners?" It's just really weird, it's not a symbol of America or capitalism like the WTC or the Superbowl or something would be, it's just a race...

Everyone's a target, that's all they need to say. Im all to familiar with road side bombs.

marrec

Banned
It's such an awesome sight to see the EMTs and other crews respond immediately like that. In one of those videos, I seen a few dudes running towards the smoke not even caring about the potential of more explosions going off.

People really are awesome sometimes. EMS, Cops, Firefights, Plainclothes, Armed Forces, Runners all rushing in to help people. Screw the random nutjob who did this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom