• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I was contemplating this, but I don't see the point. The Bee+CC combo just makes farming easier since its level 50 gear, just reduces some of the tedium of whatever you have left to do.

Yeah I'm not complaining about how easy it makes it but I am dissapointed that the so called raid boss was killed so easily and quickly. Would've been cool if killing him was actually a challenge and you had to absolutely be geared to even have a shot at him.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
If you guys are getting a bunch of "Code Already Redeemed" errors, I think that's a good sign that your code has actually been redeemed. Back out of Shift and check your messages again

Yup, mine was redeemed even though I never got a confirmation message. That's 7 golden keys I now have/had (one used, 6 available).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
PC code finally worked for me.

I got two Blue Artifacts out of using a gold key once, granted they were worth 10k each, still debunks the whole "Purple or better" thing.
The first time they talked about Golden Keys, they said blue or better, don't know where the purple thing came from.

Yeah I'm not complaining about how easy it makes it but I am dissapointed that the so called raid boss was killed so easily and quickly. Would've been cool if killing him was actually a challenge and you had to absolutely be geared to even have a shot at him.

Even removing the Confrence Call and Bee from the equation Terra isn't all that hard. I did him with another Gaffer, minutes after I finished TVHM. Neither of us had any really stand out gear.

I got two Blue Artifacts out of using a gold key once, granted they were worth 10k each, still debunks the whole "Purple or better" thing.
True, Relics and I think class mods are the exception to the rule. I forgot, but guns, shields, and grenades will always be purple or pink.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Even removing the Confrence Call and Bee from the equation Terra isn't all that hard. I did him with another Gaffer, minutes after I finished TVHM. Neither of us had any really stand out gear.

Damn then it doesn't matter what you have loll. Hope they make the DLC bosses an actual challenge where you really do need good gear.

Awesome! Well, I know what I will be doing then. Thanks.

Or well, after I am done farming some specific bosses for heads...

I know that feel. Though yesterday when I helped a Gaffer kill Terra I ended up getting my Commando head from him.
Shadoloo style is such an amazing head.

JambiBum

Does anyone have a purple class mod for Zero that they would be willing to part with? I can trade either cash or an item. I seem to find purple class mods for everyone except my actual class :(. 360 version btw.

Damn then it doesn't matter what you have loll. Hope they make the DLC bosses an actual challenge where you really do need good gear.

I know that feel. Though yesterday when I helped a Gaffer kill Terra I ended up getting my Commando head from him.
Shadoloo style is such an amazing head.

Pics of the head?

Edit: Found a pic of of all the Commando heads. Spoilers in the link you've been warned. http://imgur.com/xAZQH

h3ro

I NEED to see this head if it's referencing what I think it's referencing.

qmRQE.jpg

YES. YES.

THIS IS DELICIOUS.

Log4Girlz

Is it my imagination or are there way fewer side quests? I used to enjoy all the bounty board quests in the original. Also, if I hear another person banging on some door or window in Sanctuary non-stop for hours on end I'm going to kill someone.

kami_sama

It's the fucking varkids. They're like ants, they're everywhere! And those adult and badass ones are STRONG.

With the varkids I can phaselock any of them an they are mostly dead. But I can't stand thresers. They attack you from everywhere, and if any trows a singularity you are f**ked.

eshwaaz

At the start of Caustic Caverns: This looks awesome!

At the end of Caustic Caverns: Get me the fuck OUT of here, now!
Ha, just perfect - my exact reactions. I ended up just running through most areas whenever possible.
Also, if I hear another person banging on some door or window in Sanctuary non-stop for hours on end I'm going to kill someone.
I can't believe anyone thought that was a good idea. It's instantly grating.

I think the NPC banging on a door in Sanctuary is in reference to Dragon's Dogma since there are NPCs in Gran Soren that will bang on doors constantly. Heh, probably not. Nah... couldn't be.

What the heck? I love Caustic Caverns. Those Crystalisk things are gun to kill.

Edgeward

Alright even though I got errors before I just logged in and it retroactively gave me my key from the failed redeem from earlier. The system works!

Ugh, alright, what am I doing wrong when trying to join a friend.

I joined his game, I'm in the party, apparently, but I'm stuck at the main menu with continue, new game, and matchmaking greyed out.

Do I have to wait for them to allow me to join the actual game?

JambiBum

Ugh, alright, what am I doing wrong when trying to join a friend.

I joined his game, I'm in the party, apparently, but I'm stuck at the main menu with continue, new game, and matchmaking greyed out.

Do I have to wait for them to allow me to join the actual game?

You usually have to wait for them to actually start the game.

Haven't gotten any loot worth using in a long time, so I decided to use two golden keys. The first got me a kick ass pistol (and another I didn't want). The second got me a bad ass rocket launcher. Totally worth it!

Edgeward

Is it my imagination or are there way fewer side quests? I used to enjoy all the bounty board quests in the original. Also, if I hear another person banging on some door or window in Sanctuary non-stop for hours on end I'm going to kill someone.

There were 79 in the original, there are over 100 in 2.

Ark

At the start of Caustic Caverns: This looks awesome!

At the end of Caustic Caverns: Get me the fuck OUT of here, now!

I hated the place in single-player. But in my co-op playthrough with two friends, the place was super fun.

Did the Minecraft easter egg, all three quests, and killed every crystal monster thing we could find as well as breaking all the stationary crystal plant things. We made like 40k by the end of it.

Claude

Catalina's bitch
Hyperion customers need not worry about the afterlife! Hell is reserved for pedophiles and people who buy Jakobs munitions.

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom