• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playthrough 2.5 is what happens once you complete the story quests in TVHM. It increases all enemy and quest levels to 50. This is why a lot of people recommend skipping certain quests in TVHM until you finish it because the quest rewards will scale up to level 50 once you start 2.5.

Ah. I see I see.

Currently skipping side quests on my mech in playthrough 1. If I continue this pattern all the way through playthrough two, will I be able to go back to playthrough 1 and have those sidequests scale as well?

ZeroCoin

If I continue this pattern all the way through playthrough two, will I be able to go back to playthrough 1 and have those sidequests scale as well?

No, only TVHM quests will scale up. Playthrough 1 tops out at around level 30. There is no point in staunchly completing or avoiding any quest in the first playthrough.

gblues

Banned
I was doing some fleshstick leveling last night on 360. Went from 1 to 50 and he only quit spawning once on me, and it was definitely because I accepted the quest again too quickly after killing fleshstick.

Exactly. Wait a few seconds after the "mission failed" notification appears before you start the quest again. If you restart it too quickly, Fleshstick won't spawn until you zone out and back in.

I managed to finish PT2 the other night with Gaige. Jack is a complete pushover with Deathtrap, because he isn't fooled by the clones. The Warrior wasn't really a challenge either, other than managing to run completely out of ammo for all weapon types. First time I actually had to use those Hyperion ammo dispensers, and thankfully one of them is right in front of the entrance area.

Next up is farming for a Bee.

Cat Party

I've spent a few hours replaying bosses, looking for drops. So far nothing special. Farming is boring, so I don't know why I'm doing it.

h3ro

I've spent a few hours replaying bosses, looking for drops. So far nothing special. Farming is boring, so I don't know why I'm doing it.

Best part is when all the guns we've spent hours farming are going to be rendered irrelevant by an increase in the level cap.

kmfdmpig

Well, it happened after the update. My group played for a few hours the other night; just switched it on tonight and it's all gone. We're so close to finishing too!

The same thing happened to a few others in this thread (myself included). It sucks, and at this point I've given up hope of it coming back. On the Gearbox forums there was some speculation that it happened only to those that play split screen (which I've done a lot).

NinjaBoiX

So I just started with maya, and I just want to ask for aome advice on my choice before I get too far too change.

I want a fairly fast character, but I'm not sure how much difference the characters size makes. Is the gunzerker the slowest class? How fast is zero?

Also I want someone who is decent for solo play (although I will co-op at some point), I hear maya is more a support class, and I also want access to decent weaponry.

Can any character use any weapon?

How important are the abilities? Who's are the best?

I'm swaying towards zero or the gunzerker, but any advice on who to choose will be greatly appreciated.

codhand

So I just started with maya, and I just want to ask for aome advice on my choice before I get too far too change.

I'm swaying towards zero or the gunzerker, but any advice on who to choose will be greatly appreciated.

I have a level 50 Siren, it is fun. Not much to compare it to atm. I feel like Gunzerker was the least popular.

I want a fairly fast character, but I'm not sure how much difference the characters size makes. Is the gunzerker the slowest class? How fast is zero?

Also I want someone who is decent for solo play (although I will co-op at some point), I hear maya is more a support class, and I also want access to decent weaponry.

Can any character use any weapon?

How important are the abilities? Who's are the best?

I'm having a lot of fun with Gaige. Can't say the same for Zer0. He's definitely more fun as a hidden melee than a sniper though. Maybe I'll eventually find a bee shield and change that.

NinjaBoiX

Can I ask some fundamental questions:

Does your character class affect your speed? If so, how much?

Can all classes use all guns?

Who would you recommend to a newbie?

Thanks.

Mr. Fix

Can I ask some fundamental questions:

Does your character class affect your speed? If so, how much? Not sure about this. Running speeds seem the same all around

Can all classes use all guns? Yep.

Who would you recommend to a newbie? Mechromancer! Or Axton.

Thanks.

Is anyone else disappointed in the legendary assault rifles (or all of the assault rifles for that matter) in this game. None of them seem up to standards of the Ogre or Draco from the first game.

barrin87

Master Gee is DEFEATED!!!

I was able to beat him last time in a 4 player co-op match. My game froze the second we beat him since I was hosting and I didn't remember to look the other way in time. Luckily it didn't count me as beating him so we were able to beat him a second time with it not freezing. Now the only boss I still need to beat is Vermivorous.

BigDug13

Assault Rifles in general are pretty mediocre in BL2 imo.

If you can get over the slow projectile speed, Torgue AR's rip shit up. You do 2x the listed gun damage because of the 100% explosive damage proc.

Those are really the only AR's that I like though, and that's unfortunate.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
While a friend of mine was waiting for a time we could get together and do the last couple of missions on TVHM he got to work on farming Bees. Found two of them at level 46 or 47 and gave me one.

FeelsGoodMan.jpg

kmfdmpig

Badass ranks may be fixed + new DLC news "coming soon"
20h Randy Pitchford ‏@DuvalMagic
@DarkHeartedKill badass ranks - very likely. Skins - tricky, but we will try to make people whole...
6:11 PM - 8 Nov 12 · Details

Randy Pitchford ‏@DuvalMagic
@MikeMotto details on dlc coming soon - new character s a little ways out...
View conversation
8:53 AM - 9 Nov 12 · Details

Random aside:

It amazes me that while meaty Borderlands DLC has always come at a steady clip, the game its based upon, Diablo, hasn't put out any meaningful additional content for its latest installment. And I'd think it'd be far easier to add content for that game than something like Borderlands.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Random aside:

It amazes me that while meaty Borderlands DLC has always come at a steady clip, the game its based upon, Diablo, hasn't put out any meaningful additional content for its latest installment. And I'd think it'd be far easier to add content for that game than something like Borderlands.
IMO Borderlands 2 does loot, loot delivery, feedback and marrying items to gameplay much better than Diablo has ever done anyways.

Jeez, SuperBadass Loaders and Constructors are a huuuuge pain. On Pt1 and I'm being 1 shot by them. SuperBadass Constructors are horrifying because they spawn so many enemy troops, and badasses. Doing the statue mission for Clap Trap and I'm getting my ass handed to me. Constructors everywhere, and then super badass constructors. That's just harsh.

I found a nice 657 Purple Corrosive Sniper, but, even with crits I don't do enough. I'm overwhelmed by the missiles and loaders.

Inskipp

IMO Borderlands 2 does loot, loot delivery, feedback and marrying items to gameplay much better than Diablo has ever done anyways.
I might disagree with that... At least as far as rare drop- rates are concerned.

Loot variety is also another debatable topic, although I personally find the issue itself two-faced. There are good sides(distinguishable characteristics) and bad sides(less variables to roll stats) to it.

Dingotech

Jeez, SuperBadass Loaders and Constructors are a huuuuge pain. On Pt1 and I'm being 1 shot by them. SuperBadass Constructors are horrifying because they spawn so many enemy troops, and badasses. Doing the statue mission for Clap Trap and I'm getting my ass handed to me. Constructors everywhere, and then super badass constructors. That's just harsh.

I found a nice 657 Purple Corrosive Sniper, but, even with crits I don't do enough. I'm overwhelmed by the missiles and loaders.

Yeah that mission is dang tough!

You can always grind up to the mission that spawns the guy that drops the Bee shield. It helped me out a tonne in the early days of playthrough 2.

Otherwise best bet is to find a good corrosive SMG, the rate of fire can melt loaders.

Just finished the dlc, still don't have a level 50 char to go against the raid bosses though. Thought it was pretty well done overall, worth the time and money. the only part I wasn't so keen on was the end. Bam you get swallowed boss fight boss fight end. Pretty anti climactic tbqh. Now I'm going to plough through tvhm (starting off at level 38 due to all the quests and mobs I fought in normal mode) when I get to level 50, gaf has to help me with the raid bosses :3

Celcius

°Temp. member
I bought the ps3 version tonight and after about 2 hours it froze and I had to restart my system (during normal gameplay). Is there a well known freezing issue or do I need to exchange my disc?

-BLITZ-

The freezing issue might come from resolution screen. I had problems all the time when I wanted to revisit Bloodshot Stronghold and I really wanted to ask about the same thing here. Exactly when I finish walking the stairs and shot the first enemies is freezing. I figure out though how to fix it. I had to go way down to the lastest resolution like 600x800 or something in order to escape from this nightmare. Also not a single change from game or texture details on low, FXAA off, etc couldn't fix this problem. I had few freezes in Opportunity as well.

B0re is a fenomal skill for Zero. I'm still trying to get the head from Bunker after more than 10 farming, leved at least twice to level 31, but who cares, I kill him from half of a clip. I just point exactly below were his front auto cannons are placed where a big circle texture is. I found it myself.

Heh, this is wonderful.

ACE 1991

Thinking of picking this game up on PC, are there still lots of people around to play with? This doesn't seem like the kind of game that's super fun by yourself.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I bought the ps3 version tonight and after about 2 hours it froze and I had to restart my system (during normal gameplay). Is there a well known freezing issue or do I need to exchange my disc?

Nope, I never experienced any freezing for BL2, but I suffered little frame shuttering for DLC but I heard that it was somewhat common.

barrin87

It sounds like just a fluke and I wouldn't worry about it. I have only had my game freeze once in the 100+ hours I have spent on the game. Master Gee froze my game but that has been happening on every version of the game.

I have seriously become obsessed with farming for weapons in this game. I have been farming the Leviathan's treasure room and have gotten about 35 legendary weapons from the room.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It sounds like just a fluke and I wouldn't worry about it. I have only had my game freeze once in the 100+ hours I have spent on the game. Master Gee froze my game but that has been happening on every version of the game.

I have seriously become obsessed with farming for weapons in this game. I have been farming the Leviathan's treasure room and have gotten about 35 legendary weapons from the room.

Which Legendary weapons are best in the game other than CC and Bee. I'm concerned that I would waste my time to farm those two because Bee will get patch'd which would nerf CC too. From what I read is that Bee buffed CC right?

HoosTrax

Which Legendary weapons are best in the game other than CC and Bee. I'm concerned that I would waste my time to farm those two because Bee will get patch'd which would nerf CC too. From what I read is that Bee buffed CC right?
With the exception of the legendary assault rifles and most sniper rifles, most of the other legendaries are useful to some extent. Personal favorites:

Lyuda (maybe one of the reasons why assault rifles are obsolete in this game. somewhat ammo hungry though)
Volcano (too bad it only comes in Fire elemental. also, it's not burst fire which can be either good or bad)
Skullmasher (TumTum variant - I've seen almost 3mil damage per hit with this)

Hornet (Twin variant) - wrecks loaders
Maggie (Two Fer variant)
Unkempt Harold (Double Penetrating variant) - wrecks crystalisks, also somewhat useful against BNK3R

All of the orange SMGs are useful, but for different purposes

Fire Bee (although Breath of Terramorphous works similarly)
Pandemic
Quasar, Storm Front

Sham (if it wasn't for the existence of the Bee, I think this shield would see a lot more use)
Neogenator (particularly useful against Gee if you don't want to farm the pink quality equivalent -- Evolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom