• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

LuuKyK

I'm still playing this for the first time, and I reached a point during the Firehawk fan-club (lol) thing sidequest that I just can't reach the place where I need to go in that same map. Its like the final request to finish it... Ugh. Things like this annoy me beyond words. But yeah I'm liking the game. Would probably be more fun in coop though.

madhtr

I'm still playing this for the first time, and I reached a point during the Firehawk fan-club (lol) thing sidequest that I just can't reach the place where I need to go in that same map. Its like the final request to finish it... Ugh. Things like this annoy me beyond words. But yeah I'm liking the game. Would probably be more fun in coop though.

That map is weird... there is an underground section that is overlapped by another section... just as a hint for where you might be needing to go.

LuuKyK

That map is weird... there is an underground section that is overlapped by another section... just as a hint for where you might be needing to go.

Yeah, the firehawk area is confusing as hell.

Yeah, I swear to God I looked everywhere in that goddamn map and couldn't find a way to get there. I tried that overlapped section but there is no way to get to the superior part, that is the one I need. Also, there is an underground passage indeed, on the very beginning but there are rocks blocking it. -_____________________- I gave up already.

one85x

Are you talking about the enkindling? You just have to follow the same path that you did when you first met the Firehawk.

LuuKyK

Are you talking about the enkindling? You just have to follow the same path that you did when you first met the Firehawk.

Yeah.

I don't really remember the path lol

But I'm starting to think I'm dumb because I tried everything already.

one_kill

Look it up on YouTube. I remember getting stuck there too. Fortunately I was playing coop and two of the players found a way.

Inskipp

That's the most annoying part of the game, since the layout is kinda all over the place. My advice would be to just fall back to the underground- cave if you get lost, since it's connected to most of the important quest- spots.

Saerk

Alright, my friends and I have tried for hours. What's the secret to getting Vernivorous to spawn? Only been able to get ultimate bad asses. Actually had 3 of those up at once.

one85x

Alright, my friends and I have tried for hours. What's the secret to getting Vernivorous to spawn? Only been able to get ultimate bad asses. Actually had 3 of those up at once.
Up to pure chance unfortunately:

Code:
Evolve Chance Table PT1:
----------------  P1   -+- P2 -+- P3 -+- P4
Larval -> Adult	  %60   | %70  | %80  | %90
Adult  -> Badass  %30   | %40  | %50  | %60
Badass -> Super	  %10   | %20  | %30  | %40
Super  -> Ult     %0    | %1   | %2   | %3
Ult    -> Boss    %0    | %0   | %0   | %0

Evolve Chance Table PT2.5:
----------------  P1   -+- P2 -+-  P3  -+- P4
Larval -> Adult	  %70   | %80  | %90    | %100
Adult  -> Badass  %40   | %50  | %60    | %70
Badass -> Super	  %20   | %30  | %40    | %50
Super  -> Ult     %10   | %20  | %30    | %40
Ult    -> Boss    %7.5  | %10  | %11    | %12
Larval -> Boss    %0.042| %0.24| %0.7128| %1.68
Larval -> Boss    1:2381| 1:417| 1:141  | 1:60

Seanspeed

Banned

I got stuck for a minute there, too. Wouldn't have minded so much if not for the respawning enemies.

This game feels more difficult than the 1st to me. Going up against equal level enemies is tough.

I got stuck for a minute there, too. Wouldn't have minded so much if not for the respawning enemies.

This game feels more difficult than the 1st to me. Going up against equal level enemies is tough.

Yup! The girl and I just finished TVH mode and we have been consistently surprised by how difficult this game is. It rarely feels unfair or cheap, but you really have to pay attention and have a battle plan if you want to survive.

The biggest surprise to us has been how great the game gets once you hit level 50 and complete playthrough 2. You would think that since you aren't getting XP that it gets pointless, but having all the enemies level 50+ makes it a blast. Plus all the loot is actually interesting and useful now since it is always max level. We were talking about how the game actually really comes alive in 2.5. I thought it would be kind of stupid and pointless to leave all the sidequests until 2.5 but it has changed the game and really made it more interesting.

Seanspeed

Banned
Yup! The girl and I just finished TVH mode and we have been consistently surprised by how difficult this game is. It rarely feels unfair or cheap, but you really have to pay attention and have a battle plan if you want to survive.

The biggest surprise to us has been how great the game gets once you hit level 50 and complete playthrough 2. You would think that since you aren't getting XP that it gets pointless, but having all the enemies level 50+ makes it a blast. Plus all the loot is actually interesting and useful now since it is always max level. We were talking about how the game actually really comes alive in 2.5. I thought it would be kind of stupid and pointless to leave all the sidequests until 2.5 but it has changed the game and really made it more interesting.
Man, I'm having to do sidequests galore just to stay leveled and powerful enough to continue on. My plan was to leave some sidequests for subsequent playthroughs so I might need to just grind a bit instead(which I dont mind for the most part).

Its good to hear it still stays interesting at max level, though. I was only planning on 2 playthroughs with a single character but I might have to try a 3rd now.

LuuKyK

What class are you guys playing as? I started as a Siren and have to say I'm liking her a lot. The phaselock ability has been super useful on the boss battles specially because of the fact that if you kill someone while on it it gives you a lot of health (if you have the extra regen ability obviously). Also, I heard that the Mechromancer is overpowered, is this true?

Cat Party

Just got a Bee. 360 version, so I think it hasn't been nerfed yet. What kind of gun is best to use with it? I don't really understand how the amp damage works. If it's per bullet, then wouldn't an auto pistol with a super high high fire rate be the best to use, regardless of it's damage output? I don't have a Conference Call, obviously.

Seanspeed

Banned
Well, I might quit playing this game. Got all the way through A Dam Fine Rescue(or pretty sure I was almost all the way through) and saw a fast travel sign, so I was like, "Hell yea, they're gonna give me a chance to go and stock up on stuff, probably gonna have to fight a boss or something" So I went to Sanctuary, filled up on ammo and health and then went to the fast travel thing to go back to where I was. Only there was no way back. THERE WAS NO WAY BACK. They want me to go through ALL that shit again. Fuck that. What the hell?!!? This is infuriating. I just spent like an hour getting through this crap. I tried just running through but there's multiple areas where you HAVE to kill everybody.

So yea, I'm done with this for a while. A shame cuz I was really enjoying myself up until then, but this is a deal-breaker.

Well, I might quit playing this game. Got all the way through A Dam Fine Rescue(or pretty sure I was almost all the way through) and saw a fast travel sign, so I was like, "Hell yea, they're gonna give me a chance to go and stock up on stuff, probably gonna have to fight a boss or something" So I went to Sanctuary, filled up on ammo and health and then went to the fast travel thing to go back to where I was. Only there was no way back. THERE WAS NO WAY BACK. They want me to go through ALL that shit again. Fuck that. What the hell?!!? This is infuriating. I just spent like an hour getting through this crap. I tried just running through but there's multiple areas where you HAVE to kill everybody.

So yea, I'm done with this for a while. A shame cuz I was really enjoying myself up until then, but this is a deal-breaker.

yup been there, and it killed my momentum for the game. its the first '1-way' fast travel you come across and i think there's like 5 in the game and its brutal. I had to take few days off before coming back after that.

Honestly, the game open up after a dam fine rescue. that quest was brutal to go through

feelsbadbro.jpg

Just got a Bee. 360 version, so I think it hasn't been nerfed yet. What kind of gun is best to use with it? I don't really understand how the amp damage works. If it's per bullet, then wouldn't an auto pistol with a super high high fire rate be the best to use, regardless of it's damage output? I don't have a Conference Call, obviously.

any gun is great really. its per bullet. I find the SMG's do work if you can find a high damage, high accuracy one.

Seanspeed

Banned
yup been there, and it killed my momentum for the game. its the first '1-way' fast travel you come across and i think there's like 5 in the game and its brutal. I had to take few days off before coming back after that.

Honestly, the game open up after a dam fine rescue. that quest was brutal to go through

feelsbadbro.jpg
Like, I'm in shock at this. There was no warning or anything about not being able to come back. Why would they do this? Its gotta be one of the most insanely frustrating design decisions I've ever seen in a game.

Like, I'm in shock at this. There was no warning or anything about not being able to come back. Why would they do this? Its gotta be one of the most insanely frustrating design decisions I've ever seen in a game.

it is pretty odd when they've had things 1 way for 1.5 games and all of a sudden they throw a 1way in there. There are a few differences : orange (instead of blue), a 1way sign on it. Things you would notice if you took your time before jumping through it, but there would really be no reason not to just jump right through it like every other TP up to then.

I advise taking a few days off and coming back. Doesn't help that it comes after a pretty brutal part in the game.

You will hate me for saying this, but there is warning. The One Way Fast Travels are a different color and the logo actually shows that it is a one way in a large, flashing animation. (The only reason I don't feel too bad is because I did the EXACT same thing the first time.) They are there because Fast Travels act as spawn points for when you turn off the game and come back. So they are in certain places to make sure you don't get fucked if you have to exit the game and come back.

Still sucks tho.

Seanspeed

Banned
it is pretty odd when they've had things 1 way for 1.5 games and all of a sudden they throw a 1way in there. There are a few differences : orange (instead of blue), a 1way sign on it. Things you would notice if you took your time before jumping through it, but there would really be no reason not to just jump right through it like every other TP up to then.

I advise taking a few days off and coming back. Doesn't help that it comes after a pretty brutal part in the game.
It just seems like an obvious place to have a little pop-up that points out that I cant return and there will now be 1-way fast travel spots. Would have been that easy.

Thanks for letting me know the differences though. I guess whenever I decide to get back into it, I'll make sure to pay more attention.

Damnit, Gearbox. :(

You will hate me for saying this, but there is warning. The One Way Fast Travels are a different color and the logo actually shows that it is a one way in a large, flashing animation. (The only reason I don't feel too bad is because I did the EXACT same thing the first time.) They are there because Fast Travels act as spawn points for when you turn off the game and come back. So they are in certain places to make sure you don't get fucked if you have to exit the game and come back.

Still sucks tho.
I do. I hate you very much! Aarrgh.

And I came up on the station from the side, so didn't notice any 1-way sign. Didn't even notice it was a different color, either.

Yeah, it still sucks and I agree there should be a prompt the first time you use them mentioning the fact that you can't come back. But luckily that area you are in isn't TOO bad. It is pretty short and the enemies are quite easy if you have a decent corrosive weapon.

Remember to sacrifice your friends for free guns after you beat the boss!

Seanspeed

Banned
Yeah, it still sucks and I agree there should be a prompt the first time you use them mentioning the fact that you can't come back. But luckily that area you are in isn't TOO bad. It is pretty short and the enemies are quite easy if you have a decent corrosive weapon.

Remember to sacrifice your friends for free guns after you beat the boss!

Its actually pretty hard for me. I have no corrosive weapons and haven't seen a single one yet. Just shock and fire weapons so far. As for short, it took me about an hour to get to where I was. I died a bunch of times against Mad Mike, who could kill me in two shots. I'm gonna have to fight him again, aren't I? I lost like ALL profit I'd have made from the area from those deaths.

I'll get back to it, I'm just pretty upset about it. I was all hunkered down, ready to play for a couple hours and then BAM, that happened and now I have no desire to play whatsoever.

I'll stop whining now.

Its actually pretty hard for me. I have no corrosive weapons and haven't seen a single one yet. Just shock and fire weapons so far. As for short, it took me about an hour to get to where I was. I died a bunch of times against Mad Mike, who could kill me in two shots. I'm gonna have to fight him again, aren't I? I lost like ALL profit I'd have made from the area from those deaths.

I'll get back to it, I'm just pretty upset about it. I was all hunkered down, ready to play for a couple hours and then BAM, that happened and now I have no desire to play whatsoever.

I'll stop whining now.

Oh, yeah. I wasn't thinking that you would have to go back through that entire section again. I was thinking just the ramparts. Then yes, that sucks. I would suggest hitting some sidequests for a bit before you go back. What system/level/class are you?

Seanspeed

Banned
Oh, yeah. I wasn't thinking that you would have to go back through that entire section again. I was thinking just the ramparts. Then yes, that sucks. I would suggest hitting some sidequests for a bit before you go back. What system/level/class are you?
Level 14 Siren now. As for system, you haven't seen me playing it recently? I'm on your friend's list! lol Or do you mean something else?

I've got some missions in The Dust I could do in the meantime. I'm actually getting over it already and want to play again. haha

Level 14 Siren now. As for system, you haven't seen me playing it recently? I'm on your friend's list! lol Or do you mean something else?

I've got some missions in The Dust I could do in the meantime. I'm actually getting over it already and want to play again. haha

Hmm, I might have some nice items you could use. Let me see what I can dig up. Pretty sure I have an awesome e-tech Plasma Caster around that level.

And yeah, I completely blanked that I had seen you playing it recently. Also if you want to power level, I have the Level50 Matchstick quest still available.

Seanspeed

Banned
Hmm, I might have some nice items you could use. Let me see what I can dig up. Pretty sure I have an awesome e-tech Plasma Caster around that level.

And yeah, I completely blanked that I had seen you playing it recently. Also if you want to power level, I have the Level50 Matchstick quest still available.
I can do it again, I'm just upset at the time wasted. I'd rather get through things legit, but thanks for the offers. I'll be alright!

So doing a mission where I have to get 6 of Ellies ornaments but 2 of them are unreachable due to them being dropped outside the map. :/

lucius

I think I wasted a Golden Key early in the game, I have 3 more Golden Keys and I am at level 23, when is a good time to use the Golden Keys?

dekjo

What is this Golden Key thing? The thing that came with Premier Club to open that box in sanctuary?

I think you get one that way. You also get one just by joining SHiFT, which is accessible through Extra in the main menu.

You also get some from Gearbox's Facebook page and twitter and sometime other sources.

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_Shift_Codes

For those who haven't looked, there are new codes today.

(Major Nelson) 360: CTKBB-FB9SW-FZR3F-CRT3J-TR9H9

PC: 5TW3B-HFH6W-W6BJB-TTJJB-BX3RS
PS3: CJ5BB-FT5HW-J5CWT-HBCB3-BC5XK
360: K3W33-5SX59-69R36-563T3-H6WTT

PC: WTW3B-BB3SK-WXBJJ-3BB3J-ZSXKX
PS3: KBC3T-SCK9C-JCCWT-ZJK3J-CB5TF
360: KJKBB-XTH5S-R9RTF-5XBJJ-HXHC6

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK THIS GAME. FUCK THIS GAME IN THE ASS.

Whoever designed this bullshit ass W4R-D3N mission needs to have someone drive a nail through his balls. That is the amount of fun I am having right now.

FUCK.

Edit: So wait a minute. After slogging through all the bullshit that was that mission, at the end I don't even get to kill this boss because I took too long and I have to go chase him in another base?

Finally managed to kill it. Seriously, fuck whoever did the difficulty testing on this game.

More codes:

PC / Mac SHiFT Code: KBK33-BSS6C-5FBJ3-TBBJJ-9B6XS
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTKBT-XSX5H-X9RT6-5RTT3-ZJB55
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KBCJJ-Z3WZW-J5WWB-SJWTT-TW3W6

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 5BKBT-T6K9W-TKCKT-H353J-XTRHZ
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 5TK3J-HJZCZ-F9XJX-KFB3B-KTBWW
PC / Mac SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: W3WB3-CBJSK-WRTJ3-TTB3J-ZXKHF

I think you get one that way. You also get one just by joining SHiFT, which is accessible through Extra in the main menu.

You also get some from Gearbox's Facebook page and twitter and sometime other sources.

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_Shift_Codes

For those who haven't looked, there are new codes today.

(Major Nelson) 360: CTKBB-FB9SW-FZR3F-CRT3J-TR9H9

PC: 5TW3B-HFH6W-W6BJB-TTJJB-BX3RS
PS3: CJ5BB-FT5HW-J5CWT-HBCB3-BC5XK
360: K3W33-5SX59-69R36-563T3-H6WTT

PC: WTW3B-BB3SK-WXBJJ-3BB3J-ZSXKX
PS3: KBC3T-SCK9C-JCCWT-ZJK3J-CB5TF
360: KJKBB-XTH5S-R9RTF-5XBJJ-HXHC6

Ah, I'll look out on their facebook then!

FUCK THIS GAME. FUCK THIS GAME IN THE ASS.

Whoever designed this bullshit ass W4R-D3N mission needs to have someone drive a nail through his balls. That is the amount of fun I am having right now.

FUCK.

Edit: So wait a minute. After slogging through all the bullshit that was that mission, at the end I don't even get to kill this boss because I took too long and I have to go chase him in another base?

Finally managed to kill it. Seriously, fuck whoever did the difficulty testing on this game.

Are you mad, you sound mad.

That battle was really simple sounds like you are underleveled if your having issues with that early in

Top Bottom