• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Inskipp

I know, just a bit hard to do when the anarchy piles up :p
I've heard that weapons with preset shooting patterns (Octo, Heart breaker, Infinity etc.) are not affected by accuracy- modifiers, including the ones set by Anarchy. I've not tested it myself, but if you can get your hands in those guns they might help out with more precise shooting.

Granted, that still probably doesn't fully help you with taking down 2.0 constructors. Like somebody mentioned earlier, rocket launchers are quite effective against them.

one_kill

I wish I had access to the Creature Slaughter DLC and the slag experiment mission. It's so arduous finding Jimmy Jenkins :(

Fantasmo

Anyone pick this up for PC this Black Friday weekend? Got no PC friends, Steam account same as GAF name. Want to play from start to finish. Friend me please and/or send PM lol.

Danj

Quick question: do I need to have played Borderlands 1 to play this? Is the story related? Also, is there any gameplay benefit to having played the first game, e.g. do you import save games into Borderlands 2?

one_kill

what system?
PS3, but I've found and killed Jenkins now.

Quick question: do I need to have played Borderlands 1 to play this? Is the story related? Also, is there any gameplay benefit to having played the first game, e.g. do you import save games into Borderlands 2?
You don't have to play the first game. The main link between BL1 and BL2 is that your character joins a rebel group led by the main characters of the first game.

As for bonuses, you get customisation heads if you have a save file from the first game.

I'm somewhere at the start of the game, killed Flynt and reached the new area, I did this solo. What if I decide to play co-op online with others and the game I join is advanced further into the game? Where does my character start the next time I play back in solo? I don't have to play those missions again in solo right?

Atruvius

I'm somewhere at the start of the game, killed Flynt and reached the new area, I did this solo. What if I decide to play co-op online with others and the game I join is advanced further into the game? Where does my character start the next time I play back in solo? I don't have to play those missions again in solo right?

The game skips the missions you have done in other peoples' games.

Question you guys.

I am planning on downloading the 2 DLC's but I started a new solo Axton character because I found out that Maya and/or Zero are almost impossible to play with alone if you want to defeat certain end-game bosses.

At which level/playthrough should I start the 2 DLC's? After I reached Level 50 by completing PT1, PT2 and starting PT2.5?

one_kill

Question you guys.

I am planning on downloading the 2 DLC's but I started a new solo Axton character because I found out that Maya and/or Zero are almost impossible to play with alone if you want to defeat certain end-game bosses.

At which level/playthrough should I start the 2 DLC's? After I reached Level 50 by completing PT1, PT2 and starting PT2.5?
Tricked out Maya with high end gear is good for soloing bosses. Although I main Axton, I use Maya a lot for farming. She's also more fun to use IMO.

As for when you should play the DLC, you can play whenever. However, I'd recommend playing through them after 2.5.

The game will ask you if you want to skip the mission.

Tricked out Maya with high end gear is good for soloing bosses. Although I main Axton, I use Maya a lot for farming. She's also more fun to use IMO.

As for when you should play the DLC, you can play whenever. However, I'd recommend playing through them after 2.5.

The game will ask you if you want to skip the mission.

As much as I loved Lilith in BL1, Maya's ability feels redundant end-game because of the sheer fact that plenty of bosses are invulnerable for its phaselock, instead they just receive damage. I rather have a turret that aggro's my enemies so I can attack without being attacked myself. It works wonders solo.

one_kill

As much as I loved Lilith in BL1, Maya's ability feels redundant end-game because of the sheer fact that plenty of bosses are invulnerable for its phaselock, instead they just receive damage. I rather have a turret that aggro's my enemies so I can attack without being attacked myself. It works wonders solo.
During boss fights, turrets can help distract bosses, shield you from attack, and give you second winds (if the boss fight also involve other enemies), but they don't work wonders.

Regardless of who you use or what skills you give your character, the best way of dealing bosses is to have the right gear and/or perhaps the right teammates.

FatBaby

More codes:

PS3: CJCJT-RKF53-J5C5B-ZBK33-3RCXR
PC: KJ5BJ-KTB5W-WXBJT-33JTJ-5Z9JX
X360: WTWJ3-WJTTX-6SR3R-WF3JJ-3XJK3

So I've got 615 torgue tokens, what should I buy?

Edit, bought a double penetrating unkempt Harold, seemed like the best thing I could find. Took about an hour worth of quit/continues to get it though.

Cat Party

Hit level 50, used three keys, got 4 purple. Is there really oranges in this game ?

Golden Chest is purple only. No better, no worse. I've played mostly solo, maybe 1/3 with one partner. I've found all my oranges in solo. I've found 4, without grinding. But I've played a lot, and I open everything.

NinjaBoiX

I'm having trouble playing co-op with my pal. It keeps asking him to download the same compatibility pack over and over when I invite him. I don't even show up on his menu, and "invite game" is greyed out on his dash.

Any suggestions? 360 version BTW.

Edit: NVM, he doesn't have the DLC. He's grabbing it as we speak.

Good times!

Also anyone on ps3 have a legendary soldier mod for Axton? I do need it :(

Along this same line I am curious if anyone on the 360 has the Assassin Legendary Mod or the Siren one? I would really love the Zero one since that is what my girl uses in our CoOp ad I would love to surprise her with something awesome. Of course, I would love one for my Siren also. lol

So in regard to end-bosses, do the loot drops scale to the amount of players? My friend and I are coming up to the end of the Torgue dlc and I was wondering, would it make more sense for each of us to beat it solo - to double the loot?

We've taken out the Warrior a couple times together, and I've beaten him plenty solo, and he seemed to drop about the same amount of loot regardless.

NinjaBoiX

e
Finally reached Sanctuary, as a level 8. Leveling up goes slow. Do I earn more xp in co-op? How do I earn xp faster?
Really? I got to lvl 11 with Gaige in like 3 hours on my second play. Still rocking a lvl 26 Maya too, over a day logged on that one though!

As for lvling up, don't waste your time with crappy enemies, just run passed them, always try and have at least three quests active, and use your head when it comes to traveling. When you've finished a quest, don't turn in, look for the next one, turn a few quests in at once.

Also, once you start fighting the varkids, scare them so they burrow into a sack. Wait until it's about to pop, the burst it. The bigger the sack, the bigger the risk, but you get more xp. Rinse and repeat. Be careful about the adults though, their sacks are worth a lot more, but if they spawn as a bad ass, they can be mean motherfuckers!

e
Really? I got to lvl 11 with Gaige in like 3 hours on my second play. Still rocking a lvl 26 Maya too, over a day logged on that one though!

As for lvling up, don't waste your time with crappy enemies, just run passed them, always try and have at least three quests active, and use your head when it comes to traveling. When you've finished a quest, don't turn in, look for the next one, turn a few quests in at once.

Also, once you start fighting the varkids, scare them so they burrow into a sack. Wait until it's about to pop, the burst it. The bigger the sack, the bigger the risk, but you get more xp. Rinse and repeat. Be careful about the adults though, their sacks are worth a lot more, but if they spawn as a bad ass, they can be mean motherfuckers!

Thanks for the tips. Were you playing in co-op?

NinjaBoiX

Thanks for the tips. Were you playing in co-op?
No, not yet. My mate is grabbing the season pass tomorrow.

:)

Edit: by the way, when I was talking about the varkid sacks popping, I meant spawning into an adult. That's the risk with the bigger sack, it's closer to spawning into an adult. The adult then Burrows to become a bad ass. Then super bad ass. You can pop the sack at each interval, the bigger the better.

Krelian

I'm having trouble playing co-op with my pal. It keeps asking him to download the same compatibility pack over and over when I invite him. I don't even show up on his menu, and "invite game" is greyed out on his dash.

Any suggestions? 360 version BTW.

Edit: NVM, he doesn't have the DLC. He's grabbing it as we speak.

Good times!
He doesn't need the DLC when you're only playing the standard missions. There's something strange going on with the DLCs and that Compatibility Pack. I played with two friends via system link last weekend and one of them had a lot of trouble with that Compatibility Pack as well. After deleting everything (except the character saves of course) and downloading the Pack again it finally worked but it was a major pain in the ass :/ I hope they fix that shit. The other "solution" seems to be buying all the DLCs like you guys did.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, thanks for the input. He was going to grab the DLC anyway, this situation just kind of forced his hand. It's great DLC, and an awesome game, so it could be worse! Plus, we both got the game half price on sale, so the pass just takes the overall cost pretty much up to RRP. And it's a hell of a lot of game for that money!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I should be getting my 360 Black Friday copy tomorrow, so I'm excited to jump in. I don't know how the co-op works though, can you just play with randos online? Or do you have to invite friends to join your game?

Xevren

I should be getting my 360 Black Friday copy tomorrow, so I'm excited to jump in. I don't know how the co-op works though, can you just play with randos online? Or do you have to invite friends to join your game?

You can play with whoever you want. For story quests it revolves around the host, but if you play out of order it will give you an option (only once) to skip quests you've already done with other people so you don't have to do them again. Hopefully that makes some sort of sense.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
You can play with whoever you want. For story quests it revolves around the host, but if you play out of order it will give you an option (only once) to skip quests you've already done with other people so you don't have to do them again. Hopefully that makes some sort of sense.

Can I choose to do co-op only with people who are questing in the same areas? Or is it completely random?

one_kill

Can I choose to do co-op only with people who are questing in the same areas? Or is it completely random?
You can choose to do coop with people around the same level as you and in the same segment of the story.

Once you're in a coop game, you can choose to change what quests you do. It'll depend on the other players whether they want to go through with that quest or change it to another. Oftentimes, the other players will go with a particular quest if it's in a nearby location or if it's difficult to do.

FatBaby

So are keys just sort of a one-time first come first serve thing?

Some of them are, yes. For example, one key might be able to redeemed 3,000 times or something. Some keys are time based and can be redeemed by as many people as possible, but only last a couple hours.

Mohonky

.........and still cant get a single legandary from doc mercy or mad dog. Wtf.

How many times do you have to kill these assholes. If you are usd to farming with friend yeh fine maybe its not so bad but if you mostly play by yourself you have fuck all hope of getting a legendary.

Cant beat either terramorpheus or hyperius either by myself and the guns i have do fuck all damage.

I love this game but its reliance on trying to be like WoW with regards to loot drops and need to play coop is shitting me the wall.

How many times do you have to kill these assholes. If you are usd to farming with friend yeh fine maybe its not so bad but if you mostly play by yourself you have fuck all hope of getting a legendary.

Cant beat either terramorpheus or hyperius either by myself and the guns i have do fuck all damage.

I love this game but its reliance on trying to be like WoW with regards to loot drops and need to play coop is shitting me the wall.

Sounds like you would be better off grinding torgue tokens for your first few legendaries. Also get a bee if you don't already have one. I've been farming the warrior for 2 days and no legendaries. I need to replace my old conference call with a bigger one. I want to solo all the raid bosses before its too late. At first I thought the unkempt Harold was dog shit, but upclose it is basically a one hit kill on any enemy so yeah, definitely feeling it now.

Inskipp

Are people still clamoring for the Conference Call? Its DPS got butchered ever since The Bee- nerf. Not worth the trouble anymore imo.

I dunno about Mad Dog, but Doc Mercy has a ridiculously low drop- rate on his legendary. Iirc one of the crowdsourced surveys that tried to measure drop-rates listed Doc Mercy at 0,5% (out of ~1000 submits). Quite brutal.

one_kill

^Just level 48.

Are people still clamoring for the Conference Call? Its DPS got butchered ever since The Bee- nerf. Not worth the trouble anymore imo.

I dunno about Mad Dog, but Doc Mercy has a ridiculously low drop- rate on his legendary. Iirc one of the crowdsourced surveys that tried to measure drop-rates listed Doc Mercy at 0,5% (out of ~1000 submits). Quite brutal.
CC is still a great gun even without the Bee. The Bee just made it overpowered.

No, not yet. My mate is grabbing the season pass tomorrow.

:)

Edit: by the way, when I was talking about the varkid sacks popping, I meant spawning into an adult. That's the risk with the bigger sack, it's closer to spawning into an adult. The adult then Burrows to become a bad ass. Then super bad ass. You can pop the sack at each interval, the bigger the better.

I'll remember that! Haven't stumbled on those ones yet. I noticed I get less xp when I kill enemies with the vehicle. A meager 25xp :/

FerranMG

What's the best way to power level a character.

I have a lvl 50 Siren, and I'd like to level fast a Commando and a Gunzerker to get the achievements related to their skills.

I tried creating an alt account and power level a character in split-screen using Fleshstick's exploit. But this leaves me with a new character in a different account than my main. I thought of taking that character up to the Fleshstick mission again (even though Fleshstick won't be level 50 then, so I don't know how long would it take then to level a new character under my main account up to lvl ~25).
Any thoughts? Playing coop with someone is gonna be difficult, because my internet connection sucks, so I'm kinda stuck on doing it solo.

Top Bottom