• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Waiting up for my friend before I start the new DLC so I figure I might as well do some more treasure room farming. That alternate route is soooooooo much faster. Way more consistant "ladder" part and less height to keep jumping up on the ladder.

Dingotech

Waiting up for my friend before I start the new DLC so I figure I might as well do some more treasure room farming. That alternate route is soooooooo much faster. Way more consistant "ladder" part and less height to keep jumping up on the ladder.

Do share this alternate route please. :)

I have the season pass but the new DLC wasn't showing up for me in the game menu. I found it on the PS Store though (Listed as 'free') and am downloading now.

warpbackspin

Neo Member
I'm maybe an hour into the DLC and just got a repeatable quest that awards 20 Torgue currency each time. Bought some heads I didn't have, dropped them off on my storage character and dropped him out, and just to try it out I quit to the xmb without saving same way you'd dupe items. Soooooo infinite Torgue currency, making getting all the Torgue legendaries trivial!

I don't get you Gearbox but I hope you do the same for all the other manufacturers. XD

edit: this mission is timed btw at 2:30, so, give or take a bit, it takes about an hour to get up to the amount the legendaries cost.

FWIW, every legendary I've seen in the Torgue vending machines is a Level 48. Also noticed that there were Torgue slot machines at
Moxxi's Bar
. Five tokens a pull, though, which seems pretty steep.

Liking the level design and music a lot in this DLC. The main arena itself is beautifully crafted and very detailed. Mister Torgue has some great lines, really entertaining character. I'm up to Chapter 9 or so and, surprisingly, the focus has primarily been on standard quests and less on arena combat. Very different from Underdome to this point.

Some of the quests have been a bit uninteresting so far, but the writing, humor and gunfights are making up for it.

Ugh. Stupid racing missions. Every little bump in the road makes my car do a 180.

EDIT: I think I may have regretted selling my afterburner relic.

That third tier race is going to be crazy tough without a relic. I beat Tier 2 with one second on the clock. Shortcuts are probably a must.

FatBaby

I'm maybe an hour into the DLC and just got a repeatable quest that awards 20 Torgue currency each time. Bought some heads I didn't have, dropped them off on my storage character and dropped him out, and just to try it out I quit to the xmb without saving same way you'd dupe items. Soooooo infinite Torgue currency, making getting all the Torgue legendaries trivial!

I don't get you Gearbox but I hope you do the same for all the other manufacturers. XD

edit: this mission is timed btw at 2:30, so, give or take a bit, it takes about an hour to get up to the amount the legendaries cost.

That thing has got to be a bug or something. Not that I'm complaining, but I have a feeling I better farm it while I can.

Naite

That third tier race is going to be crazy tough without a relic. I beat Tier 2 with one second on the clock. Shortcuts are probably a must.

I ended up getting a relic off a different save file and trying tier 3 again. In both times I finished the race, I only had 3 seconds remaining, and that's using the ramp above the underpass and the ramp before going downhill.

FerranMG

I tried 3 things, none of them worked for me to kill Terramorphous.

- Hiding behind the rock in the middle area. He will wipe me out when I strafe to shoot him.

- Staying by the exit. I avoid being wiped, but then he approaches me and I'm dead with a couple of hits.

- Hiding in that spot in which Terramorphous can't hit you (SW corner?), but the rocks thrown by the tentacles can hit me, they do, and I fall out of the platform to my certain... respawn.

:(

Well, I finally killed him. Twice. :)

This video was most helpful.

I'm holding on the DLC until they increase the level cap.
I hate playing and having the feeling that all my progress is useless because, you know, I'm getting zero experience. :$

Jezbollah

I would really hope the XP gained whilst capped out would be bottled up somewhere and immediately enforced once the cap was raised. That would be great.

Inskipp

I'd hope that whichever dlc will raise the level cap, it would include quests that would exclusively reward loads of XP, maybe even enough to grant a level on its own. Would make the grind a bit more tolerable.

I would really hope the XP gained whilst capped out would be bottled up somewhere and immediately enforced once the cap was raised. That would be great.
I like this idea, would give some more incentive to roam around pt 2.5

ZeroCoin

Yep, but they include torgue-based grenades too. I forget if I saw any shields.

That's a little disappointing. I was really hoping this would be a way for gearbox to give players that couldn't defeat certain enemies, or didn't want to fight against the drop rate, a way to gradually chip away at getting legendaries. I suppose it wouldn't make sense from a story perspective, but whatever.

I haven't started the DLC yet, how many tokens do the legendaries end up costing anyway?

Inskipp

Hyeirmaigewrsh I love Torgue!!!!

So this DLC seems to be more Single-Friendly than Moxxxi it sounds like? Can anyone confirm that?
I've been playing it solo, and no problems so far. Just remember to use cover and watch your flanks. They tend to swarm you with mixed troops (ranged&melee), and the ranged troops tend to be armed with elemental weaponry quite often.

Gartooth

Finished the Torgue DLC, I don't know if my game is glitched or what but
Piston didn't drop a thing, and the T-Rex only dropped a few. Also I don't even know how to get to the vault that Moxxi mentioned. All I did was turn in the quest for Torgue tokens. Is there more?(Although I should be clear that when I killed Piston he also downed me so I had to respawn.)

Dartastic

They didn't raise the level cap with the Mr. Torque campaign, did they? I think that I'm going to hold off on playing it until they do.

Gartooth

Damn it! I checked a youtube walkthrough and for killing the last boss you get not only a ton of Torgue tokens, but also an explosion of loot that happens only once because you can't refight the boss. I got downed and died just as I killed him, so I not only didn't get probably around 10-15 tokens, but I also missed out on potentially great loot. >_< (guess I will have to do another playthrough with a different character around Christmas to get loot, but really pissed right now)

Anyway no level cap increase, DLC is around 6 hours long for those who asked.

dekjo

Nice - thanks for the info. Was going to shit on this DLC assuming it was going to be more Moxxie, but I decided to hold off on posting anything until playing it.

You can probably join other people's game who haven't beaten it to get the loot drop.

balddemon

Banned
is there a willowtree editor yet? my zero is lvl 39 i think and i haven't played in a few weeks because i just want to be lvl 50 and kill stuff

F#A#Oo

Banned
So I just bought the season pass...I'm a level 18 Siren. When is it a good time to do the DLC stuff? Post-game? Does it break the game/playthrough playing the DLC early?

Xevren

Damn it! I checked a youtube walkthrough and for killing the last boss you get not only a ton of Torgue tokens, but also an explosion of loot that happens only once because you can't refight the boss. I got downed and died just as I killed him, so I not only didn't get probably around 10-15 tokens, but I also missed out on potentially great loot. >_< (guess I will have to do another playthrough with a different character around Christmas to get loot, but really pissed right now)

Can't refight the boss? :(

Bah!

one_kill

So I just bought the season pass...I'm a level 18 Siren. When is it a good time to do the DLC stuff? Post-game? Does it break the game/playthrough playing the DLC early?
Pretty sure it'll scale to your level. Apparently to access the Torgue DLC, you'll need to be at least level 15 so you're at least good to go in that regard.

The only benefit of playing the DLC after you've beaten TVHM mode is that the rewards will be at level 50.

madhtr

Pretty sure it'll scale to your level. Apparently to access the Torgue DLC, you'll need to be at least level 15 so you're at least good to go in that regard.

The only benefit of playing the DLC after you've beaten TVHM mode is that the rewards will be at level 50.

So far both DLCs are lvl15+ and the enemies are locked into the level (I assume until pt2.5) you are when first arriving. I am holding off until I hit level 50 in TVHM to test if they start at the same level or if just close to it.

Toki1776

I would think you may end up a bit overleveled for the story missions if you do the DLC at that point. Hell, I felt a bit overleveled just doing side missions on my first playthrough, before the DLC was an option...

though the extra bit was nice for TVHM ;)

Gartooth

Can't refight the boss? :(

Bah!

The final boss of the DLC is in two stages, you can refight stage 1, but not stage 2. (which drops the good loot including some rare items)

Anyway never really tested it, but do weapons scale to your level in normal mode? Finished the DLC with my lv 50 in TVHM, so it would be easier to just do it again in normal mode than trying to get another character to level 50 and doing it with them. (I have a siren and mechromancer both just above 10, my Assassin is lv 50)

Oh and just to say the DLC isn't comparable to Moxxi at all, one of the first story missions is an arena battle that has a few waves, but aside from that there isn't really anything Moxxi-like in the DLC. (of course you can replay some of the missions for more Torgue tokens)

Leviathan as Maya. Fuck this fucking game. Two hours on this boss. Alone as maya. Changed 5 times the build.

Never enough ammo. Fucking worms EVERYWHERE. Eyes that don't take dmg. Ammo stand a fucking miles away.

This fucking game.

razielim

Someone may have to correct me, but I believe you can play it on your first play through and still be able to do it all again (including one time boss kills) on your second playthrough (better saved for level 50/pt2.5 for the weapons).

Gartooth

I have to chime in and say I'm really glad that Gearbox added enemy decapitations back into BL2, it felt extremely odd not seeing them at first given how much I felt like they were a part of the game in the first Borderlands. (just for reference, prior to playing Torgue this week I haven't touched BL2 since finishing the Pirate's Booty DLC, so I'm not sure if it was added in via the Torgue DLC or through the current patch)

Toki1776

So I knew there was a possibility of getting a legendary from a vending machine, but I never expected to find one myself...
6AF001B97AA0B736A2A05345629BA6956CF4186E

Inskipp

So I knew there was a possibility of getting a legendary from a vending machine, but I never expected to find one myself...
Congrats, that's a very nice find, even if it isn't for your class. Those mods tend to be pretty valuable among trading- communities.

Leviathan as Maya. Fuck this fucking game. Two hours on this boss. Alone as maya. Changed 5 times the build.

Never enough ammo. Fucking worms EVERYWHERE. Eyes that don't take dmg. Ammo stand a fucking miles away.

This fucking game.

No seriously, how do I beat it ? His eyes won't take dmg unless that 2 second window when he's near the cliff ?

neoism

They didn't raise the level cap with the Mr. Torque campaign, did they? I think that I'm going to hold off on playing it until they do.

yep still wish I never got the season pass thing I will never do it again... but WTF at not upping the cap each time... they probably will wait for the last one and up it to 60... LAAAMEE! should have been 5 levels at least every DLC.... Glad I got the game working again, but I hope I'm interested come Feb when the last one hits....

They didn't jump from 50 to 69 in the original game until the Knoxx DLC hit, and that was the 3rd one and came out four months after the game's release. It's not really all that surprising that they're still at a Level 50 cap only two months after the sequel's release.

Top Bottom