• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Naite

How is it in comparison to Booty and Moxxi's campaign? And is there a new Invincible boss?

I like it more than the Pirate DLC and way better than Moxxi. Unlike Moxxi, it's mostly a normal quest-based DLC with a few arena missions thrown in, and those arena missions are about as short as 2-3 rounds in a slaughterhouse. The characters are much better (Torgue has some of my favourite lines in BL2, and Tina has much better ones than in the main game). Like the Pirate DLC, there really isn't any new loot worthwhile besides a seraph item or two.

There is one new invincible boss, he seems like he could be easy because of how slow he moves but I never beat him yet because I never noticed the water valves you use against him and ran out of ammo trying to get his shields down.

Mr. Fix

Positive impressions, nice! Two questions though:

- Are there more arenas than the one shown in the gamespot demo?
- How's the story?

Naite

Positive impressions, nice! Two questions though:

- Are there more arenas than the one shown in the gamespot demo?
- How's the story?

I didnt see the gamespot demo but all there really is is the main arena and a bar area. You can repeat the missions for them as much as you like to get lots of torgue tokens. Story is pretty brief, their's basically the introduction and then everything else is setting you up for the final battle.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
ahh you guise, i really wanna play this! its my day off, i spent 20 quid on this season pass and i only have mechromancer pack on the DLC menu (and on the store) What the fook is this.

GUISE SRSLY

Amon37

I would completely agree. The legendary drop rates in the game are so ridiculously low. I have killed the Warrior and Terramorphous around 50-100 times each and have gotten 2 legendary weapons and both were the Blood of Terramorphous. I have about 40 legendary weapons and about 35 of them are all from me farming the Leviathan's treasure room.

What pisses me off is that on my new sal play through scorch dropped a hellfire smg level 8... Lol

With a friend of mine still going co-op through first playtrough and no dlc played yet.

52 HOURS !!!! :D:D:D

mobile.8bwpws.jpg

Does anyone know how much more main game we got to go?

TVHM is hard. Level 38, and just barely beat Flynt. I had to cheese him out since he was OHKOing me. Super Badass Nomads are tough as hell, and I'm scared to death to fight Mad Mike. I'm not sure I can keep on doing this solo.

Loaders are going to be monstrously hard. Sueprbadass constructors? Spawning Badass and Super Badass loaders? -screams-

FerranMG

TVHM is hard. Level 38, and just barely beat Flynt. I had to cheese him out since he was OHKOing me. Super Badass Nomads are tough as hell, and I'm scared to death to fight Mad Mike. I'm not sure I can keep on doing this solo.

Loaders are going to be monstrously hard. Sueprbadass constructors? Spawning Badass and Super Badass loaders? -screams-

Now that you mention it, I had forgotten how afraid I was too keep on going into TVHM after being beaten so hard by Flynt, but I think the game got much easier as I kept on going.
I only had trouble at some very specific points (mainly the same points at which I had trouble during my first playthrough).
What I want to say: TVHM is not as hard as it seems at the beginning.

Mad Mike -> piece of cake.
Superbadass constructors -> yeah, they're not easy, put perfectly beatable because you'll be prepared and carry a strong corrosive weapon. :)

Now that you mention it, I had forgotten how afraid I was too keep on going into TVHM after being beaten so hard by Flynt, but I think the game got much easier as I kept on going.
I only had trouble at some very specific points (mainly the same points at which I had trouble during my first playthrough).

Superbadass constructors -> yeah, they're not easy, put perfectly beatable because you'll be prepared and carry a strong corrosive weapon. :)

I had trouble in Pt1 with badass constructors. Even with a high DMG corrosive sniper.

Right now I'm using a nice purple 1938 damage sniper I got from a GOD-liath in PT1.

Also found a 2306 damage tediore rapid fire explosive rifle.

FerranMG

I had trouble in Pt1 with badass constructors. Even with a high DMG corrosive sniper.

Right now I'm using a nice purple 1938 damage sniper I got from a GOD-liath in PT1.

Also found a 2306 damage tediore rapid fire explosive rifle.

What class are you using?

Regardless, constructors are tough, I just found them less difficult as I kept on playing. But that might also be because now I know where to hide, and how to better approach them.

NinjaBoiX

I have a question about Gaige. In her Ordered Chaos tree, do I need to put a point on anarchy to get to level 2? I know you usually need 5 points, and SML only has 4 available, but I think Anarchy would actually be a detriment. You lose in accuracy what you gain in damage, and I put accuracy above damage for critical hits.

So I guess my question is, do I need to have Anarchy active to pursue her OC tree?

F#A#Oo

Banned
ahh you guise, i really wanna play this! its my day off, i spent 20 quid on this season pass and i only have mechromancer pack on the DLC menu (and on the store) What the fook is this.

GUISE SRSLY

You have to go to PSN store. In-game store is fucked.

Xevren

I have a question about Gaige. In her Ordered Chaos tree, do I need to put a point on anarchy to get to level 2? I know you usually need 5 points, and SML only has 4 available, but I think Anarchy would actually be a detriment. You lose in accuracy what you gain in damage, and I put accuracy above damage for critical hits.

So I guess my question is, do I need to have Anarchy active to pursue her OC tree?

Yep, you have no choice due to how it's set up. The only solution you really have to avoid using it is reloading. Could get discord to always benefit from that as well. Probably not what you wanted to hear but there it is.

kmfdmpig

In actual usage it seems like you have to get a pretty high anarchy count to have it serve as a detriment. I tend to focus on shotguns and snipers and anarchy is great for shotguns, but also good for snipers until you get too high a stack. Reloading will instantly wipe out the stacks, however, so you can get the best of both worlds.

NinjaBoiX

OK guys, thanks. I'll have to go down that road sooner or later. Maybe I'll focus my stats on accuracy and go over and above.

Anyway, back to it! I'll be back, I'm sure.

Kerub

Banned
Whaat. How am I supposed to beat..
the giant metal T-Rex
?

The only way I've found to survive for more than a few minutes is to camp in the spawn place (behind the little rock barrier). But I run out of ammo before I've got his HP down 50 % and buying ammo/respawning quickly takes all my money.

the giant metal T-Rex
?

The only way I've found to survive for more than a few minutes is to camp in the spawn place (behind the little rock barrier). But I run out of ammo before I've got his HP down 50 % and buying ammo/respawning quickly takes all my money.

I used 500 ammo of a really fancy corosive AR.

Jezbollah

Try and score some Shift Keys - get yourself some free rares. That helped me - I remember TVHM being completely ball busting in a very similar way to your current experience.

Gartooth

Did GAF implode from the Dudebro reference in Torgue campaign yet? :D

I instantly recognized the reference and basically said "no freaking way" out loud. I had to quickly jump into this thread on GAF and I'm glad that many other people noticed it as well. Always appreciate it when developers give love the community in their games such as this.

madhtr

Constructors are fairly easy if you can hide, pop out, shoot it in the eye with a sniper, then hide, rinse and repeat. That's what I do, at least.

one_kill

Just finished the main storyline and fought the raid boss. The storyline is better than Booty, but it's really short. I thought the
T-Rex
boss was too powerful. It took me a while even with the CC/Bee.

In regard to the raid boss, I didn't like him. He eats a lot of bullets and does attacks that you can't seemingly get away from. What's more annoying is that there are creatures that pop out during the fight. I tried to solo him twice; failing both times. I can get his shields down, but can't do much about his health. Fortunately, I got to play with a friend who had a friend who had a lot of badass points. That dude either played a lot, or used game genie. Either way, I'm thankful he was in the game. Took us less than a minute to beat him.

the giant metal T-Rex
?

Die. Once you've respawned then you can shift back and forth the closed gate. It's also useful to have a second player just in case you get hit by whatever it fires at you.

If done right, you can still hide from them. There is always a small lull in missles.

I dunno. I seem to not be able to outrun a constructor's nuclear missle if we're out in the open. I can try shooting it down, but its difficult sometimes. And baddass 2.0's sometimes launch like 3 in a row.

Mohonky

Few questions;

Mr Torgue DLC says it is installed, but I don't see the mission anywhere?

I just finished my second playthrough, Vault Hunter mode. How do I reset the game back to a new one with my lvl 50 character?

Are bosses like Hyperius the Invincible and Terramorpheus even beatable in single player? I don't have any legendary weapons and to be honest not prepared to spend hours farming shit.

Few questions;

I just finished my second playthrough, Vault Hunter mode. How do I reset the game back to a new one with my lvl 50 character?

Are bosses like Hyperius the Invincible and Terramorpheus even beatable in single player? I don't have any legendary weapons and to be honest not prepared to spend hours farming shit.

Do you have a new Fast Travel location above Sanctuary?

FerranMG

Few questions;

1) No idea.

2) I'd also like to know.

3) Terramorphous is definitely beatable in single player. I did it earlier this week, with a lvl 50 Siren. But you really need outstanding gear. I had the Bee shield, and Moxxi's good (or bad, don't know) touch SMG.
On the other hand, it seems a Siren is the less appropriate character to fight Terramorphous solo, so if you are using another character you might have an edge there.
Finally, I'm not sure about that, but I think Terramorphous is lvl 50 in the 1st playthrough, and lvl 52 in PT 2.5. So, if you want to kill him, try loading back your 1st playthrough. I think the loot is not better if he's 52 instead of 50.

Ryuuga

Banned
Lost all motivation to continue playing the Torgue DLC because the vend legendaries are worse than what you could get from the warrior or legendary bosses.

Yea the Torgue dlc failed with bringing good loot, I didn't upgrade one weapon throughout it all.

But it did deliver in the comedy and awesome character department.

I hope the next dlc will be epic.

Inskipp

Lost all motivation to continue playing the Torgue DLC because the vend legendaries are worse than what you could get from the warrior or legendary bosses.
Yeah it's weird that they are set to level 48... I remember some of my first Torgue vendors having a level 50 Bonus Package in sale. After playing a while it's been saturated by 48's. I'm hoping it's just a bug and not an actual design- choice.

Carcetti

Hey, I'm level 34 at the moment on my Mechromancer and I haven't ever found a single legendary gun and maybe 2 purples, both of those were from Pirate end cache.

madhtr

I dunno. I seem to not be able to outrun a constructor's nuclear missle if we're out in the open. I can try shooting it down, but its difficult sometimes. And baddass 2.0's sometimes launch like 3 in a row.

Yeah, running around in the open means likely death, especially against 2.0s. You really need to find a corner of a building, or something that keeps the missles off of you so you can pop out, attack, pop back in, repeat.

Gorillaz

Yea the Torque DLC is alright...not really feeling it too too much. Kind of liked Capt Scarlett DLC a little. Also gotta agree nothing really was worth trading

Yeah, running around in the open means likely death, especially against 2.0s. You really need to find a corner of a building, or something that keeps the missles off of you so you can pop out, attack, pop back in, repeat.

I'm not talking their regular missiles. Have you never seen the large insta-kill nukes they send out?

madhtr

I'm not talking their regular missiles. Have you never seen the large insta-kill nukes they send out?

I'm not sure, maybe not? I tend to get their attention with a sniper rifle to the eye, then I hide around a corner, wait for an opening, pop out and shoot them in the eye a couple times, pop back behind cover. Sometimes I'll just use rocket launchers to take them down a little quicker.

That's just what I do, I guess.

Top Bottom