• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Erm, not sure if this is supposed to happen but:

I joined an online game of someone around my level earlier (in fact they were before me in the quest line). Finished doing a few missions then loaded up my single player and now my objectives seem to show every single quest in the game as 'Accepted', completely ruining where I am.

Is this a glitch that can be fixed?

Edit: Apparently this is a feature? How ridiculous.

I can't distinguish between main quests and side quests now, I just have a massive page of objectives from locations I've yet to reach, all talking about things I haven't yet discovered.

Bit gutted because I bought this again to really give it a good go and was enjoying steady progress in SP, but now it feels all undone haha

hayguyz

Banned
I have the GOTY edition with the DLC on the second disc. How do I fast travel to the DLC locations? It's not showing up in the list of locations. I have the disc installed.

Do I have to insert the disc to play the DLC?

Appealing to PC players :

Has anyone the achievement "And They'll Tell Two Friends" (Play in a co-op game with either an employee of Gearbox or someone who has this achievement) and is willing to play co-op with me for two minutes so I can get it too?

If you are, please send me an friend invite ingame (ID should be internhertz)

h3ro

I have the GOTY edition with the DLC on the second disc. How do I fast travel to the DLC locations? It's not showing up in the list of locations. I have the disc installed.

Do I have to insert the disc to play the DLC?

You have to install the DLC from the second disc. Once it's saved on your HD, you'll have them come up on your fast travel when you play the game on Disc 1.

Dynamic3

Ok I've been playing Borderlands on my PC because I don't have my PS3 copy anymore and I can't zoom in/out on the map or move it around with the controller. Any fix for this? Steam ver btw.

You can cycle zoom by pressing A (assuming you're using the 360 pad), however I also would like to know if you can pan.

LQX

Haven't played the game in awhile so maybe I just forgot but are you suppose to warp back to the starting point of a given location every time you restart? I spent a good two hours making it out of T-Bone Junction and when I restarted I was back in T-Bone Junction but it saved all my pick-ups and gained quests.

BigDug13

Haven't played the game in awhile so maybe I just forgot but are you suppose to warp back to the starting point of a given location every time you restart? I spent a good two hours making it out of T-Bone Junction and when I restarted I was back in T-Bone Junction but it saved all my pick-ups and gained quests.

The expansions only have one new-u station each, and you always respawn back at your last new-u station when you leave the game. It's a pain on some of the bigger expansions like Knoxx. No fast travel or anything like that.

LQX

The expansions only have one new-u station each, and you always respawn back at your last new-u station when you leave the game. It's a pain on some of the bigger expansions like Knoxx. No fast travel or anything like that.

That really sucks. Thanks for the info.

I started playing borderlands again in anticipation of Borderlands 2.

I stopped once I got through my first playthrough, so im in the first area of the game on playthrough 2.

I decided to respec my character (Mordecai) and try to use some of the pistol bonuses this time around, on the first playthrough i stuck almost exclusively to the Rogue skill tree.

So anyways the problem is I literally have no pistols and so far haven't found any good ones beyond green to buy, so I'm wondering if anyone has any good pistols around level 40 that they would be able to "donate" to me, it would be greatly appreciated

BigDug13

I started playing borderlands again in anticipation of Borderlands 2.

I stopped once I got through my first playthrough, so im in the first area of the game on playthrough 2.

I decided to respec my character (Mordecai) and try to use some of the pistol bonuses this time around, on the first playthrough i stuck almost exclusively to the Rogue skill tree.

So anyways the problem is I literally have no pistols and so far haven't found any good ones beyond green to buy, so I'm wondering if anyone has any good pistols around level 40 that they would be able to "donate" to me, it would be greatly appreciated

Did you try a Ranger class mod when you played your Rogue spec last time? If you find one with +4 Predator, you can get your recast of Bloodwing down to 1 second after he returns. To always have your special ability ready to go all the time without even having to rely on a kill is insane. The fact that he heals you to full in a single hit most of the time and will daze everything each hit is even more insane. The only times my bird isn't available is when he gets stuck on something.

Loving my Rogue spec so far in New Haven playthrough 2.

Don't have a pistol for you though, sorry.

I recently started playing this again, only this time solo (had only played previously with a friend), from scratch.

I *think* i have done damn near every mission in the game, including the add ons (bar longer mad moxxi missions, some achievements like collecting all the clap trap rare drop junk, and crawmerax), and im at level 47.

Can literally take anything on (At least in Playthrough 1, aint started 2 yet) and annihilate it, however Crawmerax still stands, i havent tried fighting him yet, is it even worth attempting at my current level ?

Can literally take anything on (At least in Playthrough 1, aint started 2 yet) and annihilate it, however Crawmerax still stands, i havent tried fighting him yet, is it even worth attempting at my current level ?

Actually Crawmerax is always 3 levels above you of your current level, I saw they killed him at distance or using a glitch.

Hoodbury

Feeling pretty dumb but for the life of me I can't figure out how to play online. I'm on the PC, got the game from the Steam summer sale. I clicked the online option, created a login by entering my Gamespy ID, my email, and my password. Then when I click login it tells me I need to be online to join an online game. When I click that create login again it tells me I'm already logged in as that user.

What am I missing? Is it something I have to do in Steam? Or something in the game?

SaveFerris

Neo Member
Just started playing the Mad Moxxi campaign and whenever I'm in the T-Bone Junction driving on the highway me and my friends experience pretty big FPS drops. Heard running the game with one core might help, or any other advice? All of us have pretty good gaming PC's and haven't run into any problem like this completing the main campaign.

Edit: Looks like it was actually the The Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC, and that others were having the same problem. Me and my friends powered through it and other than maybe 3-4 outside zones at the beginning we were able to finish it without too much trouble.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Just got the GOTY...currently level 16...

When is a good time to do the DLC? I can fast travel to the areas but I don't wanna mess up the original game by going to the DLC areas if it means it will ruin story/levels etc...

Should I finish the game and then do the DLC or should I give them a go asap?

EDIT:btw this game is amazing...can't believe I didn't pick it up sooner.

Just got the GOTY...currently level 16...

When is a good time to do the DLC? I can fast travel to the areas but I don't wanna mess up the original game by going to the DLC areas if it means it will ruin story/levels etc...

Should I finish the game and then do the DLC or should I give them a go asap?

EDIT:btw this game is amazing...can't believe I didn't pick it up sooner.

After the main story.

What's the method to finding a copy of the Game of the Year edition that has the content on disc, and not as downloadable content?

I can't remember what the difference is.

benjipwns

Banned
Feeling pretty dumb but for the life of me I can't figure out how to play online. I'm on the PC, got the game from the Steam summer sale. I clicked the online option, created a login by entering my Gamespy ID, my email, and my password. Then when I click login it tells me I need to be online to join an online game. When I click that create login again it tells me I'm already logged in as that user.

What am I missing? Is it something I have to do in Steam? Or something in the game?
Welcome to crappy GameSpy setups.

You might need to forward ports:
7777 - TCP/UDP
28900 - TCP
27900 - UDP
28910 - TCP
28902 - TCP

Avinexus

What's the method to finding a copy of the Game of the Year edition that has the content on disc, and not as downloadable content?

I can't remember what the difference is.

You have to look at the wording on the box. The one with codes will mention on the box that the DLC is on a voucher/code. The one with the DLC on disc won't say anything about a code, it will just say it includes all four add-ons.

I just restarted this game. I never finished it my first time around, but would really like to this time before the second one. I'm about to go take on Sledge... how long should I anticipate the rest of the game taking me? And do the set pieces get better later on? The Arid badlands, while well designed, is somewhat bland.

Myself and another guy are playing for our first time and we're looking for co-op partners. We're both around level 15. We're playing on Steam.

Anyone want to run a 4-player co-op before Borderlands 2 comes out?

Edgeward

I just restarted this game. I never finished it my first time around, but would really like to this time before the second one. I'm about to go take on Sledge... how long should I anticipate the rest of the game taking me? And do the set pieces get better later on? The Arid badlands, while well designed, is somewhat bland.

15-20 depending on how much sidequests you want to do. Set pieces? Like the set drops? The random loot is better especially if you can get a smg with never ending fire effect near the end.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Myself and another guy are playing for our first time and we're looking for co-op partners. We're both around level 15. We're playing on Steam.

Anyone want to run a 4-player co-op before Borderlands 2 comes out?

I would if I could. Playing on 360 right now.

Level 28 Siren - I need bros :(

My goodness..this game was amazing.

Beat Crawmerax 2 days ago. Solo with the Siren. Felt sooooooo good.

Thought about going for the rest of the achievements (missing around 12?) but they're too annoying. I can't stand The Underdome..and those damn items you have to collect during the Claptrap DLC are so rare. I'm satisfied with what I have.

Bring on BL2! Those Badass Ranks they added are going to take over my life....

My goodness..this game was amazing.

Beat Crawmerax 2 days ago. Solo with the Siren. Felt sooooooo good.

Thought about going for the rest of the achievements (missing around 12?) but they're too annoying. I can't stand The Underdome..and those damn items you have to collect during the Claptrap DLC are so rare. I'm satisfied with what I have.

Bring on BL2! Those Badass Ranks they added are going to take over my life....

Yea, I really don't see how anybody can get the achievements for the underdome without cheating. Me and a few friends went through with modded weapons before they took those out and it took about 4 hours each. Doing it legitimately just seems like it would be impossible.

So I dropped $100 on a used Xbox (mine had red ringed thrice) and $25 on 3 months of Gold. I'm solo'ing through the first Borderlands right now (which I've never completed), and I'm in New Haven at level 25. If any GAFfer wants to be my buddy through the rest of my journey just hit me up

Yea, I really don't see how anybody can get the achievements for the underdome without cheating. Me and a few friends went through with modded weapons before they took those out and it took about 4 hours each. Doing it legitimately just seems like it would be impossible.

Yeah i only managed to do it with friends because i played through the 2nd playthrough story and got my lvl to the 50's and just killed everything.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

My friends and I beat underdome without any cheating or using modded things. It was just 4 of us all the way from beginning to the end.

I started the "prove yourself" mission in the Underdome and it was extremely boring. Maybe it was cause I did it solo or the fact that I kill everything very easily. Don't think I'll continue with that.

You don't even earn XP, right? Seems like a waste of time. Certainly not impossible just very time consuming. Playing with friends would make it more interesting but still...I wouldn't want to put my friends through that lol.

Avinexus

Underdome isn't hard, it's just boring, takes way too long, and doesn't even give good loot.

I started the "prove yourself" mission in the Underdome and it was extremely boring. Maybe it was cause I did it solo or the fact that I kill everything very easily. Don't think I'll continue with that.

You don't even earn XP, right? Seems like a waste of time. Certainly not impossible just very time consuming. Playing with friends would make it more interesting but still...I wouldn't want to put my friends through that lol.

You automatically gain a level after that mission though.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Underdome isn't hard, it's just boring, takes way too long, and doesn't even give good loot.

For the most part. My group went through them all at around level 35 with one of each character type and the only time we ever really had any trouble was against guardians. Everything else died pretty quickly. Having a Brick with ammo regen spam rockets at everything makes the whole thing much easier.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone was always yelling at me over voice comms complaining that they couldn't see anything through all the rocket explosions. :(

reinstalled it on steam just for fun.forgot the first time i played was before steam cloud support D:. since i just saw a lvl 2 siren there lol. oh well.

I got this on Plus and I noticed the DLC is on sale. It's $30 total, worth it?

I should probably play more of the game first, but I'm just wondering how much mileage I'd get out of the DLC in terms of playtime.

SlickVic

Enjoying the content of the General Knoxx DLC, but it's really starting to get annoying how far every mission is from the central hub area you start up the game from. You'd figure they'd add a few more waypoints to fast travel to.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Enjoying the content of the General Knoxx DLC, but it's really starting to get annoying how far every mission is from the central hub area you start up the game from. You'd figure they'd add a few more waypoints to fast travel to.
NOPE

Played through a bit of Claptraps robot revolution dlc for pc

Human mobs reminded me of dr. nefarious from Ratchet and Clank: Up your arsenal

image%2002--article_image.jpg

Been playing this a week or two and just got to level 13.
The difficulty curve seems a bit steep?

The new areas I've been entering I've been getting absolutely annihilated.
I'm trying to do some sidequests and level up but it definitely feels like the difficulty has ramped up far too quickly and it's putting me off.

Also, I don't really understand the save system. Does it only save when I go near one of those post things that light green? It doesn't always seem to save all of my progress which is annoying.
I just saved by the gladiator arena place, but then when i went back to the game it started me out by Dr. Zed's hut... why is this, is this some kind of glitch?

Also, Claptrap's stupid soundbytes being repeated over and over and over again is driving me fucking insane.

Top Bottom