• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Some info on part 2:
- 4p co-op (online & lan)
- new environments such as arctic & acid caves
- even more shitloads of weapons and mods + "grab shields & grenades"...no idea what that means
- gritty story (Handsome Jack something..)
- I think I might have seen 2d sequences, but I'm not 100% sure (looked like a scene from Agent Armstrong PSX)

I would assume it means Shields that you can pick up and wield the shield rather than having the replenishing sheilds maybe?

BuddyC

Updated the Gearbox Labs site this morning with some stats from BTest, that stat-collecting experiment we ran earlier this year with the Steam version of Borderlands:

http://labs.gearboxsoftware.com/

We also kicked off the second phase of that experiment (BTest2) which is focused on new characters. There's more details at the link above, but tl;dr you can help us improve our future games just by playing Borderlands on Steam ...especially if you start a new character.

rc213

Been going through borderlands again in local co-op with my nieces, Still sooooo good.

Now how about a sale on individual dlc for PSN? :D

Can anybody explain to me if this is normal:

We (2 player splitscreen) beat the last boss on playthrough 1 and right after that we entered the zombie island (never entered any of the dlc while on the playthrough) via the fast travel station.
On the zombie island we played until the part where we had to find the secret entrance to the hospital (so about 2 hours i think) and than turned off the ps3.

Next day we wanted to continue and the game started with "fresh off the bus". Now this is totally fucked up because we are officially on playthrough number 2 now, all the enemies in the dlc are way overpowered and we have to do the campaign again to level up and enter the dlc later?

WTF???

pachuco

Been going through borderlands again in local co-op with my nieces, Still sooooo good.

Now how about a sale on individual dlc for PSN? :D

They had a sale a few months ago. I got the game and all of the DLC for 25$. But, it was only for Plus members.

Gaspode_T

Can anybody explain to me if this is normal:

We (2 player splitscreen) beat the last boss on playthrough 1 and right after that we entered the zombie island (never entered any of the dlc while on the playthrough) via the fast travel station.
On the zombie island we played until the part where we had to find the secret entrance to the hospital (so about 2 hours i think) and than turned off the ps3.

Next day we wanted to continue and the game started with "fresh off the bus". Now this is totally fucked up because we are officially on playthrough number 2 now, all the enemies in the dlc are way overpowered and we have to do the campaign again to level up and enter the dlc later?

WTF???

I think at least on 360 Borderlands when you start you select from Playthrough 1 and Playthrough 2, it sounds like your 2 hours of Zombie Island was put into Playthrough 1 but when you started the next day you selected Playthrough 2? After you beat last boss you have to quit once and start from the bus scene to start PT2, you start from scratch besides weapons and skills.

I'm still finishing up General Knoxx, then moving on to Claptrap and going to boot this game off the HDD and wait patiently for Borderlands 2

Gaspode_T

Updated the Gearbox Labs site this morning with some stats from BTest, that stat-collecting experiment we ran earlier this year with the Steam version of Borderlands:

http://labs.gearboxsoftware.com/

We also kicked off the second phase of that experiment (BTest2) which is focused on new characters. There's more details at the link above, but tl;dr you can help us improve our future games just by playing Borderlands on Steam ...especially if you start a new character.

I really hope you don't mess with the difficulty level, I kind of like the game being a little bit on the easy side of spectrum when you are playing it solo

I love the variety of environments in DLC, pretty much my impression of Borderlands before I played it and even for the first few hours I played it was that the entire game would be in this drab desert land. That turned out to be completely incorrect. I do like the Mad Max style post apoc feel, but I also like Shadowrun/cyberpunk style and things like the inside of Mad Moxxi's club.

Raide

If they do anything for Borderlands 2, just give players various difficulties like Diablo and then just New Game + along with the level cap. I just want to restart the game and get to do it all again at a harder level with more monsters. 2 Playthroughs just ain't enough.

Just had time to get into this, and I really like it.

I might have time this weekend to host. Anyone willing to help me out? :D
Sure, but my level might be to high? Lilith lvl 69 with all the dlc. Send me a friend request

I haven't played in a long time, I'll need to re-install n stuff

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Anyone wanna play on PS3? I'm level 30-ish

I have a lvl 30ish... but won't be playing anything co-op today. Family visiting.

I've been getting back into this though. So, over the next few days/weeks I'm down for some co-op. I only have the Moxxi DLC though (I wanted the bank).

If that sounds cool, my PSN is the same as my gaf tag.Send my a FR and put gaf/borderlands in the message so I don't accidentally delete you!

Desmond

I have a lvl 30ish... but won't be playing anything co-op today. Family visiting.

I've been getting back into this though. So, over the next few days/weeks I'm down for some co-op. I only have the Moxxi DLC though (I wanted the bank).

If that sounds cool, my PSN is the same as my gaf tag.Send my a FR and put gaf/borderlands in the message so I don't accidentally delete you!

That's fine, I ain't got any DLC on the PS3 anyway

Bit of a new topic for discussion:
Who do you think should do Borderlands 2's Soundtrack?

I personally think either Daft Punk or Pendulum could be great for it. Based on the few screens we've seen some areas almost look like they're going to take an Avatar (James Cameron) approach with some environments and adding a bit of orchestral into some of the more synth/drum n' bass pieces (in addition to the occasional brass and double bass slaps that are in the first's OST) could work well.

Anyone still play this on 360? If you want to team up sometime, PM me you xblid, and I will send a friend request.

Lvl 26 siren, still in New Haven/Rust Commons. Would like to finish 1st playthrough by the end of the month.

Island of Dr. Ned just turned this game up from Decent to OMG for me.

And the
TK Baha
mission that opens up after that character bites it in the main campaign? Jesus.

Gaspode_T

Island of Dr. Ned just turned this game up from Decent to OMG for me.

And the
TK Baha
mission that opens up after that character bites it in the main campaign? Jesus.

Yeah you should start those missions before you finish the DLC or you will waste a lot of time later grinding on zombies.

I'm having a hard time with the Circle of Duty missions at L62 :| I don't like dying and losing money so i'm putting it off for now.

MightyKAC

Sup BL Gaf.

My friends and I just finished the main campaign of BL and are about to grab the DLC pack from PSN.

My question is, is there any specific order that we follow to get the most enjoyment out of the games or can we start just anywhere?

Gaspode_T

I never expected that I would play Borderlands for 40+ hours when I started it. I'm not sure what the total time comes to but it must be near 80 hours. I wanted to max out achievements but I am pretty much burned out of the game, I wanted to however at least clear Claptrap Revolution DLC first...

The last boss of Claptrap Revolution - I was going to kill all the turrets and then do the hide behind a rock trick to get the claptrap collectible achievements but I was having a very hard time killing the missile turret, while doing so I somehow accidentally killed the boss (or my turret did). So I called it quits and decided that I have had enough Borderlands 1, although I never killed Crawmerax thing and haven't finished Circle of Duty either.

This is an example of a game that I wish I had played right when it came out because playing it so much later there is so much content to go through that it's almost overwhelming. I am now in the same situation with some of my other games in backlog - LA Noire, Mafia II, Bioshock 2 etc.

Overall I'd say Borderlands is my 2nd favorite FPS of all time (next to Starsiege: Tribes which I played for much longer than 80 hours). Game and DLC is deleted from 360 HDD now, time to move onto other games, bring on Borderlands 2 this summer!

Anyone still play this on 360? If you want to team up sometime, PM me you xblid, and I will send a friend request.

Lvl 26 siren, still in New Haven/Rust Commons. Would like to finish 1st playthrough by the end of the month.
I just started yesterday..Send me a friend request..
Gamertag: B1gg Randall

What exactly happens when after you carry your playthrough 1 character (after beating the last boss at around lvl 35) you go into PT2, start the story over while retaining your stats, and then you decide to go back to PT1?

Gaspode_T

What exactly happens when after you carry your playthrough 1 character (after beating the last boss at around lvl 35) you go into PT2, start the story over while retaining your stats, and then you decide to go back to PT1?

PT1 is just split off completely, you go back in the point of time after you beat the last boss ...nothing you do in PT2 changes PT1

Agkel

Hopefully this is not too much of a necro bump, if so, I apologize.

So I managed to find an old 2 day gold trial code and this weeks DotW is Borderlands expansions.

I recently started playing this with my friend and we're having a blast after a failed attempt at enjoying WoW together. When the game came out I did a full PT1 with my brother but did not play the zombie DLC which was the one that was out.

My question is, should I buy all 4 DLC at 400 mspoints each? Are they worth it, considering I am playing it splitscreen and having a blast with it? I looked for some reviews online and even in this thread but I started stumbling with spoilers and I really dont want to get the DLC spoiled.

Seanspeed

Banned
Hopefully this is not too much of a necro bump, if so, I apologize.

So I managed to find an old 2 day gold trial code and this weeks DotW is Borderlands expansions.

I recently started playing this with my friend and we're having a blast after a failed attempt at enjoying WoW together. When the game came out I did a full PT1 with my brother but did not play the zombie DLC which was the one that was out.

My question is, should I buy all 4 DLC at 400 mspoints each? Are they worth it, considering I am playing it splitscreen and having a blast with it? I looked for some reviews online and even in this thread but I started stumbling with spoilers and I really dont want to get the DLC spoiled.

Get everything except the Underdome Riot DLC. The rest are worth it, particularly Zombie Island and Secret Armory, which are both some of the best DLC to come out on ANY game this generation.

Agkel

Get everything except the Underdome Riot DLC. The rest are worth it, particularly Zombie Island and Secret Armory, which are both some of the best DLC to come out on ANY game this generation.

Thx! That is the general consensus i perceived from what I looked online but like i said before I didn't read too much to avoid been spoiled. Is there a specific reason I should avoid Underdome? From what I read, it said more or less that it didn't add any real content to the game. How bad is it, considering it's at 400 points this week?

Seanspeed

Banned
Thx! That is the general consensus i perceived from what I looked online but like i said before I didn't read too much to avoid been spoiled. Is there a specific reason I should avoid Underdome? From what I read, it said more or less that it didn't add any real content to the game. How bad is it, considering it's at 400 points this week?

I avoided that one myself, so I cant tell you from experience, but its basically just wave combat, over and over as you've probably read. For $5, maybe its worth a try if you really enjoy the combat, but its nothing like the other DLC.

Sciz

It's long, boring, and repetitive. There's a good idea there, but it wasn't executed well at all. There are only a handful of distinct enemy waves, and it takes a lot of slogging through them (without being able to stop and come back later) to get to the point where it starts using the genuinely interesting modifiers to mix things up. If you're really desperate for a bank and a couple extra skill points, go ahead, but the money is better spent elsewhere.

Le-mo

Got this during the $8 Steam sale a few days ago and HOLY SHIT, this is the most addictive game I've played in a very long time. Currently at level 14 and decided to go with a support role. Buy this game people! Loots and loots and lots of more loots! Heck I only got about 3 hours of sleep and I just got about another 2 hours into the game and I have to go to work in about 2 hours. Fk me, today is going to suck.

Got this during the $8 Steam sale a few days ago and HOLY SHIT, this is the most addictive game I've played in a very long time. Currently at level 14 and decided to go with a support role. Buy this game people! Loots and loots and lots of more loots! Heck I only got about 3 hours of sleep and I just got about another 2 hours into the game and I have to go to work in about 2 hours. Fk me, today is going to suck.

i just started playing it to from the steam sale.
let me know if you want to co-op my gamespy is watsonjohnwatson

emalord

Hi guys, I'm doing a BORDERLANDS virtual geographic collection for my blog that is scheduled to go slowly online in the next few weeks.
I fixed the console and it works fine for the panoramic/environmental screenshots,
but for the action screenshots I'd like some console commands such as freeze or slomo.
Any suggestion? I searched the net but it seems BL console is VERY limited

Here some of my work:

6957831348_40fac632c4_c.jpg

7107069755_d03c8dd05f_c.jpg

7101818507_82243d8e07_c.jpg

7101819553_ec0229bff0_c.jpg

6960997638_e90f66e0d0_c.jpg

7107068285_3c53e0e27a_c.jpg

7109373545_813e5772bd_c.jpg

7107750951_bd03468823_c.jpg

emalord

With reference to my request here above, I'm going to write a specific topic, it's a more focused operation.
Please moderators tell me if I have to remove my post above to avoid cross-posts.
If not, I'll come here later to see if there will there will be some answers.
Thanks for that!

edit: moved here

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm trying to track down a black-label copy of borderlands for ps3 (not the greatest hits) and I don't need the GOTY ed since I already own the dlc on psn. What do you think is my best bet for tracking down the black label version?
Would it be near-impossible to still get a sealed copy?

Also, I know there were two versions of the GOTY ed - one with the dlc on the disc and one that came with download vouchers. How can you tell the two apart?
For the one with the content on-disc, it still installs the game + dlc to the hdd, right?

ShdwDrake

Banned
Ok I've been playing Borderlands on my PC because I don't have my PS3 copy anymore and I can't zoom in/out on the map or move it around with the controller. Any fix for this? Steam ver btw.

Top Bottom