• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borecast 17: Let The Right One In, True Blood, Indefensible x2, Listener Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
direct download - http://media.libsyn.com/media/borecast/Borecast17.mp3

Janet returns as our guest this week for a discussion of the film Let The Right One In, the HBO Series True Blood, and other genre media. Then we read some of your mail, including an eloquent defense of the abhorrent anime comedy He Is My Master. Finally, we wrap it up with a "twofer" Indefensible segment where both Doug and Kevin stutter and stumble to Janet's amusement.

SEGMENT ONE: Let The Right One In, True Blood, Meme vs. Meme

SPOILER ALERT: We discuss the plot of Let The Right One In in great detail. We also talk about True Blood, Zombies vs Vampires (which one is more played out?), and a few other sidetracks.

SEGMENT TWO: Listener Mail

(46:30) An impassioned defense of He Is My Master and a touchback on Sailor Moon, among others.

SEGMENT THREE: Indefensible x2

(1:00:10) Doug defends someone who is probably the worst stand-up comic ever, and Kevin crawls through the teenage wasteland. There's a couple of raunchy either/or moments in there, too.

We'll talk to you again next week!

Acid08

Banned
Oh god True Blood talk. I love that show and I have a feeling it's about to be shit on. Can't listen until I get home though.

Limedust

Just posted this in the "old" thread from last week's episode since I just listened to it, but now that the discussion is here...

I really enjoyed the first segment. Perfect summary of the progression of behavior on the internet.

A while back, Frag made a comment about how kids these days, by and large, are the most technology-dependent, self-absorbed troglodytes of any generation. You guys kind of grazed this subject in segment one, but I think it would be interesting to hear you all have a round-table discussion to cover how much different even the recent generations are to each other.

Love the show. Will DL at home.

Acid08 said:
Oh god True Blood talk. I love that show and I have a feeling it's about to be shit on. Can't listen until I get home though.

We don't shit on it. I haven't actually seen the show or read any of the books, so I'm pretty quiet during that bit. Doug and Janet like it.

bengraven

Fuck me, I was looking forward to this episode, but don't want to spoil True Blood - I just got the first disc from Netflix.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
bengraven said:
Fuck me, I was looking forward to this episode, but don't want to spoil True Blood - I just got the first disc from Netflix.
They spoil Let The Right One In, but not True Blood for the most part.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Let The Right One In was awesome, that's how you make a compelling story that also happens to include vampires.

Kevtones

Perfect timing :D

I'm curious to see if the 'at least he's not Carl Mencia' argument is used in the indefensible segment...

bengraven

I Push Fat Kids said:
Perfect timing :D

I'm curious to see if the 'at least he's not Carl Mencia' argument is used in the indefensible segment...

I would give the edge to Mencia. Because while they're stolen jokes, at least Mencia tells jokes.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I'd love a huge Zombie epic that takes Zombie Apocalypse that goes from normal life to experienceing the actual apocalypse and finally into dealing with the post apocalyptic struggle (a la "The Stand" but with Zombies).

Limedust

Sorry about the indefensible. I only tried to ban using his movies because I haven't seen any of them either, and didn't want to give an easy out if he was accidentally funny.

oh god, my daughter was listening to the end as i jumped around looking for my more awful moments and she repeated the bit where i say "put jumper cables on my dick!"

:( :( :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom