• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

I'm new to the party, but what are the raids and thread nuking's you speak of? Is BCT in danger?

Not in danger, we'll survive the month. But the bans. Yikes. A BLH thread is made and people always crawl out the woodwork, then we say a bit too much.

I assume it'll be at its worst this year considering OTs, uh, climate.

Izuna

Banned
I'm constantly at that point where I don't want to consume news.

In the UK, everything is based on Brexit while being "neutral" on Trump shit. As for Reddit/World News Apps it's another BS tweet, another disgusting executive order.

So this is what bigots felt when gay marriage was legalised huh. There's no disease for ignorance though is there?

Hamilton mixtape is keeping me in line.

Kreed

I was having this conversation with family and friends last night. The concept of having (close) family/friends with views "that" different from you and dangerous views at that is so weird to me. I get into with family and friends from time to time over religion and my lack of any, so I definitely understand how it happens. There was a GAF thread for example about the guy who was in the KKK but went to college and renounced it/his family completely abandoned him, which is the most extreme example I can think of and he's not sitting at the dinner table with these people having regular debates about what they just watched on Fox News after coming home from a Women's March. I feel like if anyone in my family was a Trump supporter I couldn't WAIT to find out what the hell was going on in their head.

Good hair too. Even when it's green.

Roy should send his hair secrets to Gwyneth Paltrow for a pay day.

Why is batman there?

To get people to watch/see the movie (Yea, it's stupid).

I wish the Women's March thread was still around to drop this gem on some "allies" heads.

https://www.facebook.com/vellumandvinyl/posts/1242438245849584

Also royalan coming with that heat as usual. I'm sick and tired of white folks and their sob stories about how their family is so racist but they can't help but to fuck with them, especially in cases where there's no financial dependency involved. They not feeding, fuckin, or financing you, so why again are you keeping ties with people who you say have abhorrent views?

Oh that's right, because on some level you don't think their views are that bad. For black folks those views are just as fucked up as messing with kids.

AJLma

Thin-skinned piece of decrepit orange shit. Fucker is gonna ruin us all. Because narcissism.

Narcissism is what helped him win. This plan he's working on has been "in the plans" for a while, these plans are definitely not Trump's personal plans. The whole right is shook and desperate, discrimination and exploitation are the Republican breadwinners. He'll push for as much ground as he can recover until the people finally decide it's enough. Pretty sure they know that the people are basically pacified as a mass though, so that may be never.

So I just finnish watching this:
Justice_League_Dark_film_Blu-ray.jpg

DCCU, all you gotta do is copy and paste, that's it

So is Swamp Thing dead? Also, is that Destiny different from Dr. Destiny or is it a reinterpretation?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Chrisette Michele is crazy

She got some bad advice and took it as gospel. I am thinking she was convinced that performing would open a bunch of doors for her. She would be a "good one" and get a TV show out of it. To play the victim now after it all blew up in her face is comical though.

Slayven

She got some bad advice and took it as gospel. I am thinking she was convinced that performing would open a bunch of doors for her. She would be a "good one" and get a TV show out of it. To play the victim now after it all blew up in her face is a comical though.

Who was the advice from, JC?

She got some bad advice and took it as gospel. I am thinking she was convinced that performing would open a bunch of doors for her. She would be a "good one" and get a TV show out of it. To play the victim now after it all blew up in her face is comical though.

Maybe things would have ended up better for her had she just admitted she needed an easy pay check, but then again probably not.

So Mike Pence is on the crazy train his own damn self:

While Mike Pence was governor, his relationship with the Democratic minority in the legislature was crap. Someone on his staff suggested having the Democratic leaders over to the governor's mansion for dinner. The table was set for 20, but there were only around seven in attendance. One unlucky legislator stuck next to Pence tried to make conversation, but found even at dinner she couldn't shift Pence off his talking points. Gov. Pence shouted to his wife, Karen, his closest adviser, at the other end of the table.
"Mother, Mother, who prepared our meal this evening?"
The legislators looked at one another, speaking with their eyes: He just called his wife "Mother."
Maybe it was a joke, the legislator reasoned. But a few minutes later, Pence shouted again.
"Mother, Mother, whose china are we eating on?"

Mother Pence went on a long discourse about where the china was from. A little later, the legislators stumbled out, wondering what was weirder: Pence's inability to make conversation, or calling his wife "Mother" in the second decade of the 21st century.

He became president of the Indiana Policy Review Foundation, a conservative think tank, and began publishing his thoughts online. He wrote some real doozies, like coming out as a climate-change denialist ("Global warming is a myth. ... There, I said it") and a cigarette denialist ("Despite the hysteria from the political class and the media, smoking doesn't kill").

Goddamn...

Does anyone know if Cheesecake Factory is really good or just overrated? Can't trust these yelp reviews, I done had food from spots one too many times that's for a different kind of peoples lack of taste buds.

Asking about the food not the cakes, I don't trust restaurants that have no consistent theme to their menu.

zeemumu

Does anyone know if Cheesecake Factory is really good or just overrated? Can't trust these yelp reviews, I done had food from spots one too many times that's for a different kind of peoples lack of taste buds.

Asking about the food not the cakes, I don't trust restaurants that have no consistent theme to their menu.

It's fine. Nothing to write home about unless you're from a country with small portions.

You sound like you picky as hell, so it doesn't matter what I say.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

I was trying to come up with a response, but this works. It's all about what you like, so the only way to find out is to go and try it yourself. Not sure how our opinions would be any different than someone on yelp. Not like it is a place that is $200/plate, so try it out. I think it's good, but they give huge portions.

I am picky when it comes to food regardless, but this isn't really about me though, so I'm open to all opinions.

Edit: Taking family out to eat for my Ma's birthday.

I was trying to come up with a response, but this works. It's all about what you like, so the only way to find out is to go and try it yourself. Not sure how our opinions would be any different than someone on yelp. Not like it is a place that is $200/plate, so try it out. I think it's good, but they give huge portions.

The second opinions from more than one place are useful and I haven't seen anything about huge portions on the yelp site.

Cheesecake is just your typical American unhealthy restaurant. I think the portions are fairly large, but it's been a while.
I think unhealthy for one day is alright if you're fit.

LionPride

Banned

Overrated as fuck. Decent Cheesecake. I can get better for cheaper here.

andthebeatgoeson

Overrated because of the 'atmosphere' and the cheesecake. I see them renovating Wendy's and Burger King and wonder why. Well, when you go into tgi fridays, it feels old and tacky. Now the new hotness is glass and windows and bright lighting and other things. Tgi Fridays looks like an old pub. Dark color wood, too much time and old versions of staples. Who's really checking for potato skins? Cheesecake factory is an upgraded Bennigans and i predict everyone will be over calimari and strawberry lemonade in 20 years.

The food is decent for a restaurant that'll cost you $30 for 3000 calories but you won't remember it if you like other high end places.

cdyhybrid

I am picky when it comes to food regardless, but this isn't really about me though, so I'm open to all opinions.

Edit: Taking family out to eat for my Ma's birthday.

The second opinions from more than one place are useful and I haven't seen anything about huge portions on the yelp site.

I think unhealthy for one day is alright if you're fit.
Yeah I wasn't trying to slam it, just trying to give a better picture of the vibe there.

It's kinda like Olive Garden but standard American fare instead of Italian, I guess? And without the breadsticks laced with heroin.

zeemumu

Quick stupid question:

If the planet was doomed, howe would the rich buy their way off-planet? Wouldn't your money be worthless?

Overrated because of the 'atmosphere' and the cheesecake. I see them renovating Wendy's and Burger King and wonder why. Well, when you go into tgi fridays, it feels old and tacky. Now the new hotness is glass and windows and bright lighting and other things. Tgi Fridays looks like an old pub. Dark color wood, too much time and old versions of staples. Who's really checking for potato skins? Cheesecake factory is an upgraded Bennigans and i predict everyone will be over calimari and strawberry lemonade in 20 years.

The food is decent for a restaurant that'll cost you $30 for 3000 calories but you won't remember it if you like other high end places.

Well damn... Now that you mention it I've been wondering whats up with making these fast food joints look like restaurants from the outside and in. They all got these big screen tv's with their rotating menu and dining items at their tables salt, pepper, Tabasco sauce, bottled ketchup, even sriracha for some reason.

Yeah I wasn't trying to slam it, just trying to give a better picture of the vibe there.

It's kinda like Olive Garden but standard American fare instead of Italian, I guess? And without the breadsticks laced with heroin.
I've never been to Olive Garden, but keep hearing their bread is bomb, and I love me some bread though. Last time I just tried to order bread from a place they just gave me attitude. Like, red lobster biscuits are my guilty pleasure but they don't play that.

andthebeatgoeson

Well damn... Now that you mention it I've been wondering whats up with making these fast food joints look like restaurants from the outside and in. They all got these big screen tv's with their rotating menu and dining items at their tables salt, pepper, Tabasco sauce, bottled ketchup, even sriracha for some reason.
First time i went to the cheesecake factory, I was caking with some jawn. She was so impressed by the menu. But we were in college and it's really just an old new experience. But she loved it.

I mean, i would pick their cheesecake over most chain restaurant desserts but that's not saying much. My aunt can still take them with her pound cake 8 days a week. But for 30 bucks, you can have a good time.

But it had a certain look and selection that makes it seem different. But their pasta reminds me of olive garden.

Kreed

I think the portions are fairly large, but it's been a while.

"Fairly large" is an alternative fact. Those portions are huge. If you go to Cheesecake EstoyBlackWaldo, especially if any of your guests are the types that eat like 4 bites of food and then ask you to help finish, order like one plate for every three people.

Quick stupid question:

If the planet was doomed, howe would the rich buy their way off-planet? Wouldn't your money be worthless?

The assumption is the rich would get a Martha Stewart level heads up, so they could spend their money on their ticket long before the rest of us know anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom