• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borecast 32: Genre Book Club, Nintendo DS RPGs, Dark Void

direct download - http://media.libsyn.com/media/borecast/Borecast32.mp3

Janet joins us again for The Borecast Book Club: Genre Ficton Edition, we discuss a few current games, Janet critiques the show, and we have our most awkwardly drawn-out ending ever!

SEGMENT ONE: BORECAST BOOK CLUB

(3:00) Patrick Rothfuss (The Name of the Wind)

(19:20) Take a bath, George RR Martin

(24:45) Jim Thompson (The Killer Inside Me, POP 1280, Savage Night, A Hell of a Woman, Wild Town)

(42:45) John Connolly (Charlie Parker supernatural detective novels)

(48:00) R. Scott Bakker (Prince of Nothing trilogy)

(54:00) Joe Abercrombie (First Law Trilogy), boring fantasy fiction fans

(1:02:22) Terry Pratchett

(1:04) Shadows over Baker Street

(1:10) Stephen R. Donaldson (The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever)

(1:13:15) Greg Keyes (Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone, Elder Scrolls series)

SEGMENT TWO: GAMES

(1:25:30) Sands of Destruction

(1:27) Glory of Heracles

(1:29:15) Dark Void

(1:34:15) Titan Quest

MISC SHOW STUFF

(1:36) Either/Or: Ugly Fiction Writers Edition

(1:38) Janet critiques the show

(1:41) Kevin addresses accusations that he's a filthy poor

...awkward ending

Talk to you all next week!

man, when frag starts, there will be competition to see who can make the cut for the awful start bumper clip. frag's misanthropic sneers versus my sexy non-sequiturs -- WHO WILL PREVAIL

Haven't listened to this before, but that index looks like something I'm very interested in. Coast to Coast won't be listened to on my drive to work tomorrow.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I've personally given up on A Song of Ice and Fire. Thanks for being a deadbeat author, Martin. Really appreciate it.

Is Frag that pompous, self-righteous PC gamer? If so, please don't make him a regular. I'm a massive proponent of the PC master race and all that, but Jesus that guy lays it on thick. I don't mind him every once in a while, though.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I've never listened to the borecast but I enjoyed this.

Also you guys forgot Good Omens, the most famous and best collab between Pratchett and Gaiman.

Excellent fantasy dealing with the supernatural and the apocalypse and how an angel and demon try to prevent it cause they realize they like existence. Very basic summary.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Most of the best sex scenes are alluded to in any medium. Usually the drawn out stuff is their for filler or pleasure, not cause the story needs it.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I don't really like fantasy so I didn't recognize to many of the authors (except that martin guy, people be floodin' the "what you reading" thread with him, I feel like), but it was good fun. Also Harry Potter was alluded to, I know harry potter. Good episode!

It'd be cool to hear about some books from Frag too once he gets going.

Also, I realize I've replied to this and the last thread within the minute of Eel posting them. That's just coincidence, I promise ;_;

I'm too far away to be a potential stalker anyway...

I'm not a big fantasy fan myself, but I think I'm gonna give Joe Abercrombie's stuff a shot based on some of the stuff Doug was talking about.

Top Bottom