• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borecast 41: Folks Gettin' Cozy

direct download - http://media.libsyn.com/media/borecast/Borecast41.mp3

SEGMENT ONE: Tech and Games

(3:00) Doug rejoins the Republic of Gamers and reviews the Asus G73JH

(14:00) Cho Aniki Zero PSP

(22:15) Perfect Dark XBLA

(30:25) Madballs: Babo Invasion

SEGMENT TWO: Movies, TV & Contest Entries

(41:25) In The Loop & The Thick of It, British TV vs US TV

(53:00) Contest entries read, winner announced

SEGMENT THREE:

(1:04:00) Doug reviews the DSi XL, then the conversation spirals out of control and we hate all over everything (in other words, the usual)

Talk to you next week!

I presciently watched In The Loop a couple of days ago, actually. Absolutely hilarious movie. I have a friend who was a page in DC for a bit, and hearing from him some of the movie's depictions of Washington culture aren't too far off the mark. The guy who played the state department toadie was great :lol

Kevtones

I played the shit out of Perfect Dark when it came out and it deserves some kudos for its feature set, leveling system (in multiplayer), and its innovative hub world. I thought the single-player was pretty good through the neato chicago streets level and then went to shit when the aliens came in. I probably won't pick it up though just to preserve the memories...

Also, best wishes to Robert, hope he's able to come back soon ~

Yoritomo

Granny was watching the kids Friday night and The wife and I were in the car heading to dinner so and I started up the borecast. Here's a rundown of the conversation.

Wife: I'm not following the nerd stuff but he's mentioned ejaculation, whipping dicks out, and jacking off within the last 30 seconds.

Me: I don't really notice. Lemme fast forward to another segment.

Borecast: ... lubricated horse cock.

Me:... Um hold on. <fast forward again>

Here Doug starts in on his Cho Aniki review...

Her: How about we listen to music.

:lol

Yeah the trig joke was low hanging fruit, but it was right around the 15th and I kept thinking how fun it would be to take that suggestion or a sign with something similar to one of the tea party protests... I'm very very lazy so I sat my ass at home instead.

Oh and the Mad Balls talk only reminds me how much those damned things begin to stink when they're left outside in the wet. They naturally had this weird putrid stench that seemed to be a combination of whatever shitty paint they had that adhered to the rubber and a racquetball that had been licked by a dog.

Limedust

I agree 100% on the Perfect Dark comments. It was an unplayable slide-show.

Goldeneye had interesting mission objectives, and the special achievements were a pretty new idea for shooters at the time. Perfect Dark was all about the (cringe-worthy) female lead character and the special effects they were trying to pull off on inadequate hardware.

I think Rare made two great game (Blast Corps and Goldeneye) in the late 90's, and then the staff departures permanently changed the creative focus of the company. Everything after that went furry-collect-a-thon.

Best wishes to Robert.

We had to cancel recording at the last minute this week, sorry. I forgot to post it. Back next week - Frag returns, and we have some guests.

Top Bottom