• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bound by Flame |OT| Free the fire

EGOMON

Nice OT thanks cormack12, this gonna be my first RPG on PS4 i know its not on the scale of skyrim but thats why i like it just like i loved Kingdom of Amular R

This is one of those games that is just flying under the radar a bit. I hope it gets some decent exposure because it does look fun.

JayEH

Really interested in this game but unfortunately seems like this will be a bargain bin game for me.

Looks like it might be cool but ultimately will be mediocore. Prove me wrong spiders!

ref

Really interested in this game but unfortunately seems like this will be a bargain bin game for me.

Looks like it might be cool but ultimately will be mediocore. Prove me wrong spiders!

This has been the case with most of Spiders games, unfortunately.

If you can get past some jank in the gameplay and appreciate the story/atmosphere, you'll probably enjoy it.

Combat looks really similar to Mars: War Logs.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

If you can get past some jank in the gameplay and appreciate the story/atmosphere, you'll probably enjoy it.

Looks a lot more solid than Mars.. combat thankfully. But hell, I'm gonna enjoy me some janky euro RPG goodness :p Looks hard as well from the footage.

ref

Looks a lot more solid than Mars.. combat thankfully. But hell, I'm gonna enjoy me some janky euro RPG goodness :p Looks hard as well from the footage.

Same boat as you brother, I have a soft spot for janky RPGs. The fact that it's 'difficult' makes me even more excited. Going to be playing this on the hardest difficulty.

ViviOggi

Takes a coma to appreciate the utter abortion that was Mars: War Logs' story.

Nice OT though, kudos.

Zafir

I was always going to give that Mars game a try but never did. I think people's reviews put me off.

For those wondering, embargo is the release date, May 9th. I've got the pc version for review and will be buying the PS4 version.

Tak3n

Banned
I can not see the logic for releasing this so close to DS2 being released on PC, especially as DS2 can be had for roughly the same price..

but for you PS4 players it looks like a great buy

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Mars Wars Logs was trying too hard to be the next Mass Effect but failed miserably. By the looks of it, this one is probably trying to be the next Dragon Age or Witcher, which it won't. I hope I'll be proven wrong because the game sounds interesting but to be honest I don't trust Spiders too much

GoaThief

Discovered the joys of Spider games after playing the hell out of Mars War Logs. Magrunner I didn't finish as it was hard though. I will get back to that and also try out Of Orcs and Men which is supposed to be their best. Low budget but tons of atmosphere and soul. Bound by Flame will definitely be bought, just depends on digital PS4 pricing vs PC.
Mars Wars Logs was trying too hard to be the next Mass Effect but failed miserably.
It really wasn't though. Not at all. Style, tone, systems, plot were nothing alike really. I think it was just bad reviewers that put that poor comparison out there and sadly it's stuck with a few people.

By the looks of it, this one is probably trying to be the next Dragon Age or Witcher
Because they haven't made fantasy RPGs in the past, oh wait...

Gaz_RB

Waiting on reviews/impressions for this one. But if it seems good, I'm in.

Spider has made some good budget games in the past, and I actually really want to support this sort of mid tier development going into next gen.

SJRB

Gold Member
Wait, this is coming out already?! What the fuck. Didn't it get revealed like a month ago?

That's amazing.

rybrad

The Mars: War Logs combat was a crime against humanity. The thought of that awful combat is the main reason I am going to rent Bound By Flame before making a purchasing decision.

SJRB

Gold Member
O my god, the main character is voiced by Robin Atkin Dowes who does a 1:1 Kaz Miller voice. Prepare the fiddles.

Also, quote me for funsies.

I've put this game off of my radar. I hope I am surprised and that it turns out very good so I'll have a fun RPG to play on my PS4
(aside from Child of Light)

Uthred

ITT: Dark Souls created third person fantasy action and Mass Effect did the same for third person sci-fi

splattered

What the crap? I followed this game lightly and had no idea it wasn't coming to X1... now I am disappointed. Argh. :(

hydruxo

Nice OT! Game looks very rough though from the gameplay I've seen. Can't imagine paying more than 20 bucks for this. Will wait and see what people think of it in a few weeks.

can you make a female character

Yes you can. There is male/female. A few different faces/hair to select from and skin color. I have a feeling this will sell VERY well on PS4. People want new games for their new system and it's the first fantasy RPG on the system.

Yes you can. There is male/female. A few different faces/hair to select from and skin color. I have a feeling this will sell VERY well on PS4. People want new games for their new system and it's the first fantasy RPG on the system.

WTH??!!
I didn't know this, Genericus Rex was putting me off, at least now I know i can be Black Genericus Rex.

bigmac996

Slasher, have you played it yet? Can you give early impressions?

I'm cautiously optimistic for this.

Tohsaka

Sounds great.

DryvBy

Really excited about this for some reason. And it's $10 cheaper than my other games! Mid-tier game?

Slasher, have you played it yet? Can you give early impressions?

I'm cautiously optimistic for this.

I have played it and I am under embargo till the 9th so I can't go into too many specifics. I will say it reminds me of a cross between dragon age, mass effect, and witcher. I'm playing PC version and should be receiving a PS4 version sometime next week.

Combat with a controller is fairly easy to get into. You can switch fighting stances on the fly. Game is very much about when to attack, block, and parry. I also have died a lot if I wasn't watching my ass or playing careful.

Yeah that's about all I can say but I really am looking foward to seeing what other people think of this once it lands on store shelves. I will have a walkthrough uploading starting on the 9th and should have a review colab with another youtuber who is playing this now as well come release day or shortly after.

Astrates

I have played it and I am under embargo till the 9th so I can't go into too many specifics. I will say it reminds me of a cross between dragon age, mass effect, and witcher. I'm playing PC version and should be receiving a PS4 version sometime next week.

Are all reviews embargoed til launch? Was hoping to hear something around 7th for more info.

bigmac996

Combat with a controller is fairly easy to get into. You can switch fighting stances on the fly. Game is very much about when to attack, block, and parry. I also have died a lot if I wasn't watching my ass or playing careful.

Yeah that's about all I can say but I really am looking foward to seeing what other people think of this once it lands on store shelves.

Awesome. Thanks for the info!

Camp Lo

Banned

Yeah that's about all I can say but I really am looking foward to seeing what other people think of this once it lands on store shelves. I will have a walkthrough uploading starting on the 9th and should have a review colab with another youtuber who is playing this now as well come release day or shortly after.

Damn. I'm like 80% sold on this. I hope this is fairly lengthy.

Top Bottom