• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bound by Flame |OT| Free the fire

Seventy5

Nice job on the OT. I'm a sucker for non-AAA RPGs like Two Worlds 2 and Venetica so I'm kind of hyped for this. I have a feeling it is going to be a little janky which I don't mind as long ad the combat is fun and the progression and crafting have some meat. Day one for me unless it reviews super low. My PS4 needs some swordplay and magic already.

How did no one post this gif yet

iYUz9a8oIxP3k.gif

C'mon guys, you're slipping

Nice job on the OT. I'm a sucker for non-AAA RPGs like Two Worlds 2 and Venetica so I'm kind of hyped for this. I have a feeling it is going to be a little janky which I don't mind as long ad the combat is fun and the progression and crafting have some meat. Day one for me unless it reviews super low. My PS4 needs some swordplay and magic already.

You play a game expecting it to be janky and you're usually pleasantly surprised. You play a game expecting it to be AAA (Dragon Age 2) and you're surprised at the amount of jank. I've come to the conclusion that quality and technical competency isn't something that can always be bought with big budgets.

Seventy5

You play a game expecting it to be janky and you're usually pleasantly surprised. You play a game expecting it to be AAA (Dragon Age 2) and you're surprised at the amount of jank. I've come to the conclusion that quality and technical competency isn't something that can always be bought with big budgets.
I agree 100%. Most of my favorite games of all time wouldnt be considered AAA. Hell, I've spent most of my PS4 playtime on indie games. Give me Terraria over Dead Space any day.

ViviOggi

Picked it up super cheap from Ruskies. I dread the day anyone really cracks down on Steam trading.

Region locks for keys and even gifts from CIS countries have become more and more common recently, it's just that the specifics are up to the devs/pubs. Valve doesn't seem to care too much.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Am I wrong to say this reminds me a lot of Amular in both good and bad ways?

JayEH

For those wondering, embargo is the release date, May 9th. I've got the pc version for review and will be buying the PS4 version.

That's disappointing. With a game like this that has so little info/gameplay out, I can't justify purchasing it until I see some reviews.

Also, it makes no sense why it's most expensive on PS4. Last gen and PC are $10 cheaper (and there's 15% for PC pre orders)

Justified

That's disappointing. With a game like this that has so little info/gameplay out, I can't justify purchasing it until I see some reviews.

Also, it makes no sense why it's most expensive on PS4. Last gen and PC are $10 cheaper (and there's 15% for PC pre orders)

Yea I know, best to wait a few weeks till when the price drops

Pre-ordered it for PS4 almost as soon as it was added to Amazon, I just hope it's not total shit. Well, then again, I liked Mars War Logs and most people thought it was total shit.

Corpekata

Banned

Well, nearly every mid-high budget game is cheaper on PC. Only EA and Ubi really charge full price. Even Activision put out Spiderman 2 for 40.

Frillen

First 2 hours is out on Youtube btw.

I'm interested in the game, even though it has mediocrity written all over it.

Ricker

Nice OT man....surprised this doesn't come out on a Thuesday like almost everything else these days...

Hope it's good,can't wait to try it out on the PS4..

I'm watching a youtube vid of a stream, he's playing as the AmFrerican so i got to see how he looks, The slow mo counters are kinda cool, I'm getting this for sure.

Nice OT, OP.

You should also include the Steam App link for the game and the minimum requirements too. Some of us do intend to get this for the PC/Steam.

System Requirements

Minimum:
OS: WINDOWS XP SP3/WINDOWS VISTA SP2/WINDOWS 7/WINDOWS 8
Processor: AMD/INTEL DUAL-CORE 2.2 GHZ
Memory: 2048 MB RAM
Graphics: 512 MB 100% DIRECTX 9 AND SHADERS 4.0 COMPATIBLE ATI RADEON HD 4850/NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT OR HIGHER
Hard Drive: 6 GB available space
Sound Card: DIRECTX 9 COMPATIBLE
Additional Notes: INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED FOR THE GAME ACTIVATION

Very, very modest system requirements that indicate its last gen origins.

Teddified

Wow, it's looking pretty interesting. But I'll probably end up waiting till I see these embargoed impressions and maybe a QL if Giantbomb does one, to see if it'll be my type of game.

Drewfonse

Must keep hype to manageable levels. My RPG starvation is clouding my judgement. By my count, 4 reviewers have chimed in here basically saying that they like it. I really hope that this turns out well.

There are some cool themes going on, and the story isn't terrible, and I'm getting the gist of the combat thanks to the stream, parrying is a must, timed blocks saved dudes butt every time, and it seems to allow deflecting/blocking while in an attack animation (cancelling, which a lot of low budget games don't allow). There was a point where he was toe to toe attacking and deflecting hits from 2 enemies until both died, I think I'm really truly gonna invest!

cormack12

Gold Member
Cheers everyone. Have updated the OP with some relevant Q&A and some new info as it is revealed from various streamers.

Top Bottom