• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxed Dualshock 4 controllers out in the wild!

Eusis

Are people seriously thinking about canceling their pre-order because they don't like the controller packaging?

Gaf is weird place.
My guesses: joke post or REALLY waffling on keeping a pre-order and will use any lame excuse to cancel. If it's neither, well, there's always someone.

DesertFox

That new console smell. Very excited for the new console launches - can't believe the stuff is at retail after we've waited so long.

Krakn3Dfx

TERRIBLE boxes, but oh well! I don't know why they would make the plastic form-fitting; it just looks ugly that way, lol.

So excited.

Awful packaging. Especially the moulded plastic. Yuck.

51Rgl%2BqgGfL.jpg

DogMeat77

And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
Cause we'll never be wrong

Jesus, Sony NEEDS to patch PS3 to add official, full support. I don't care if it has to be wired, even.

I'd literally play my PS3 twice as much if I had a decent controller for it.

Eusis

Oh, missed this.
Not as stylish as...

dual_shock_3_usa.jpg
Ok, seriously, WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU EVER WANT THAT. Those things are torture to open and that "stylish" angle will be literally in pieces when you're done. No, mundane but simple to open any mother fucking day of the week.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Ugly as they may be, it'll be A LOT easier to open.

Complaints about the packaging, like somehow it's different than it has been for awhile.

But it is different?
Dualshock 3 boxes aren't like that.

EDIT: Looks like new DS3 boxes are now in this kind of packaging too.
Would have made more sense to post one of those shots though.

glaurung

I always preferred the original impossible-to-open welded shut plastic encasings.

Those new examples look exactly like the current American DS3 retail boxes. Just bigger.

Valnen

Oh, missed this.

Ok, seriously, WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU EVER WANT THAT. Those things are torture to open and that "stylish" angle will be literally in pieces when you're done. No, mundane but simple to open any mother fucking day of the week.

Torture? Do you not have any decently sharp blades?

Eusis

Torture? Do you not have any decently sharp blades?
I remember the last time even using scissors was a pain in the ass, though maybe this was a bit easier, and maybe there's a better method with a knife I haven't looked into. Still, it's a huge pain done to prevent potential stealing and would rather just have something that's reasonably straightforward to open.

TheJLC

Ugly packaging but so very close to having one in my hand. Packaging forgiven, but if possible please bring back the original dualshock packaging.

Miguel81

Do these controllers use bluetooth protocol stack that is compatible with all bluetooth 2.1 receivers? Would be great to know.

I was going to buy one to keep for decoration, but with packaging that ugly I will have to find a different centerpiece for my coffee table. Oh well...

Thoraxes

I bought a $50 PSN card last weekend, and in the fine print on the back it says it was able to be used for PS4, PS3, PSVita and PSP.

PS4 PSN cards are out in the wild.

Alec

You don't keep boxes? I still have the box for my Genesis. I throw out these crappy blister packs though.

I don't keep any packaging that has to be cut open, no. Console boxes yes. The only controller boxes I still have are from my import Dreamcast controllers.

TERRIBLE boxes, but oh well! I don't know why they would make the plastic form-fitting; it just looks ugly that way, lol.

So excited.

Awful packaging. Especially the moulded plastic. Yuck.

Not a fan of the packaging. Just more reason to consider canceling my preorder.

That IS some bad packaging, haha. Looks like old school logitech pc stuff or something.

I can't believe people are actually bitching about packaging for a controller as if that negatively impacts their game playing experience.

4ex.gif

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I think the DS3 packaging looks nicer, but it's super hard to open. Well, bluster packs in general are like that.

I just want to buy one of these now.

Top Bottom