• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxer briefs: Where have you been all my life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I used to wear them back in my teenage years, now it's either briefs or trunks.

The lack of love for slips saddens me.
I got your back bro.

I prefer 6 inches but who am I to criticize someone's underwear preference. I get why a guy would prefer briefs, boxers, or even no underwear at all. What counts as good underwear for one person may not be so good for another. As long as my penis is comfortable, I'm good.
This is the correct stance on this.

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
Thanks to this thread I bought a few boxer briefs to try out. I was formerly a briefs kind of a guy, never tried boxers though.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
I hate them. I find that the legs ride up all the time and then I'm stuck with bunch up boxer briefs that are mega uncomfortable and require constant readjustment.

Yeah, regular boxers for life.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Alright, I ordered 3 different kinds from Uniqlo. Let's see how they compare to other brands.

It may be an European thing. I'm talking about these
Here those are called bikini briefs. I tried them but the inside of the leg opening tends to cut in and bother the skin at the top of the leg whereas trunks or boxer briefs have a curve of fabric there. I also have a more round/muscular ass rather than flat, and the back seams press on the middle of my cheeks and it is uncomfortable and it looks dumb. Women seem to get the same kind of cut with most panties, but with seams that lay flat for comfort and to not show.

I could size-up to see if that fixes both issues, but then everything else would be too big (especially waist height because I'm not 6'+ like they cut them for), and they already usually have an awkward loose bit of fabric in the back. Trunk briefs or boxer briefs fix these problems of both comfort and aesthetics without needing to be too exacting in the size or particular cut.

Ceebs

It may be an European thing. I'm talking about these

wVj8CG8.jpg

This is what I wear, but I have never heard them called that (US here). I always see them labeled as stuff like sports briefs or something.to that effect.

I tried boxer briefs for a while, but once the legs start to stretch out even a little the whole pair became worthless to me.

TylerD

I have been a staunch supporter of briefs my whole life but I bought 3 packs to try out.

Hugo Boss trunks, very flattering and really like the cut. After a wash and dry they are a perfect fit.

UA boxerjock 6inch, these do feel amazing. Think I would like them in a shorter leg version but I can see buying more of these in the future.

Michael Kors trunks, modal cotton. Also nice but pale in comparison to the fit and feel of the Boss and UA.

I'm going to keep around some briefs because I bought some really nice ones that are super comfortable and hold up very well but I do like what I picked up.

dralla

Boxer Briefs are so uncomfortable. Probably because I have thick thighs. I constantly have to shimmy to readjust them. They're too constricting. Boxers for life

Hugo Boss trunks, very flattering and really like the cut. After a wash and dry they are a perfect fit.

Hugo Boss has a product called biker trunks. They're probably the most comfortable underwear I've ever had. Not cheap, but pretty much all I buy now.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Not impressed by Uniqlo at all. Barely supportive, very weird cuts. Nice fabric type is all they got. CK, Croota, Jockey, Hanes, random $5 Chinese brand on Amazon have them beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom