• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

I want people to remember how overrated Golovkin was and how you can get exposed when you've never fought a great fighter that can box in a weak division.

loljudges going to come into effect, but I have Jacobs winning. What a fucking performance by him, I thought he was doomed after that first knockdown.

jchap

Great job by Jacobs! Earned a ton of respect. Probably will go to GGG but I wouldn't be upset if it goes the other way

Awesome performance by Jacobs. We just saw why Golovkin hasn't moved up in weight to fight someone like Ward. Big difference when you're not fighting blown-up welterweights.

GGG's first loss against somebody good. Nothing wrong with that. Speed is GGG's weakness it seems.

Jacobs fought a damn good fight imo.

GGG was the overwhelming favorite, people were making insane comparisons to Marvin Hagler. GGG's resume is extremely thin despite people rating him in the top 2 P4P. Jacbos is a good fighter, not a great fighter, and still got exposed.

Ward would've boxed circles around Golovkin.

kinggroin

Banned
It was close. I had it one round higher for Jacobs, but eh, like the Gonzalez fight, could have gone either way.

Canelo will destroy GGG if he don't figure his shit out.

Could have gone either way but we really saw a massive flaw in GGG's game. Speed and intelligence. Props to Jacobs for fighting a damn good fight and gave GGG one good fight.

If only Jacons really opened up in the early rounds and utilized his speed and iq he would have beat GGG.

Yeah, I don't think it's a robbery but I do think Daniel Jacobs won.

It was close. I had it one round higher for Jacobs, but eh, like the Gonzalez fight, could have gone either way.

Canelo will destroy GGG if he don't figure his shit out.

Canelo doesn't have the same strengths as Jacobs such as speed, athleticism, and footwork.

Aside from the knockdown, what exactly did GGG do? He lost almost every exchange, just followed DJ around the ring landing an occasional jab. This is straight up bullshit!

Syder

udOXqUh.png

HmlAFTL.png

Top Bottom