• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Nice, I always don't know if Chocolatito is fighting. How come he never considers going up in weight?

He just moved up in weight and fought Cuadras becoming the only Nicaraguan boxer to be 4 weight division world champion
Cuadras punched the shit out of Chocolatito. Chocolatito's face was pretty banged up. I know Chocolatito is a superstar, but I don't see him wanting a piece of Cuadras again any time soon.

Jacobs didn't show up to the second [IBF] weigh in so he's coming into the ring over 180lbs? IBF title not on the line. He skips vada drug testing and now this weigh in to gain an advantage, tsk. I hope GGG puts a savage beating on him.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Just watched women's boxing. Girl TKOed the other in like six seconds in the first. Two minutes later she's still surrounded by docs.

edit: Well ok more like 15 secs or so, but it was like the third punch.

Jacobs didn't show up to the second [IBF] weigh in so he's coming into the ring over 180lbs? IBF title not on the line. He skips vada drug testing and now this weigh in to gain an advantage, tsk. I hope GGG puts a savage beating on him.

Lemieux did the same thing last week. It's irritating and bad practice for the sport.

I don't think any weight advantage will help Danny Jacobs, if anything it could make him slower and his speed is one of his strengths.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Why hug Gonzales? You're the underdog and knock him out and then hug him at the end of the first round like you did something you weren't supposed to. That kind of act always looks suspect to me.

Heel

yoooo this ref is so distracting man, he is totallyinto it. He is practically in punch range

CXJPreDUMAAioiU.jpg

Close fight. I won't say robbery. Could have gone either way. Gonzalez didn't really adapt to Rungvisai's style when they got close. Chocolatito was trying to prove something too much and it cost him the fight. He should have stayed at his range and pick him apart - which he did for the middle rounds until Rungvisai kept luring him inside and picked him apart.

Need to rewatch this next weekend, sober lol.

I'm very curious what Jacobs game plan is going to be. I'd imagine the only winning one is to use his speed, athleticism, and footwork to box from the outside and keep Golovkin off balance by circling around him while unloading jabs and picking moments to throw the right hand. The problem is I don't think that highly of his boxing ability to be able to do it over 12 rounds.

I got Golovkin by KO in 8.

Better yet, I remember watching Jacobs getting KO'd by Pirog. I might have to go Golovkin KO in 4. I don't think Jacobs has a high enough boxing IQ to implement whatever game plan Virgil Hill and Andre Ward suggested for him.

How come people hate Jacobs?

I don't hate him, I would love for him to upset Golovkin. Plus he has a good comeback cancer story to root for. The problem is I've just watched enough of his fights to know that he's solid, but doesn't have "it" IMO to beat somebody like Golovkin. I would love for him to prove me wrong. It's why I think the middleweight division is pretty weak, outside of Golovkin so it's hard for me to gauge just how good Golovkin is.

Better yet, I remember watching Jacobs getting KO'd by Pirog. I might have to go Golovkin KO in 4. I don't think Jacobs has a high enough boxing IQ to implement whatever game plan Virgil Hill and Andre Ward suggested for him.

Pirog was a GREAT fighter though, and Jacobs has improved since then. I agree that I don't think he's smart enough to stick with an intelligent game plan.

Top Bottom