• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brand New Announce Fifth Album out in October

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I finally listened to it. It's pretty good. Not Devil and God but still pretty damn good.

xJavonta

Banned
I finally listened to it. It's pretty good. Not Devil and God but still pretty damn good.
It's better imo. And TDAG was my all time favorite Brand New album until this dropped.

I'm so pissed these fucking scalper bots got all the chicago tickets though. I was on the site 30 mins before tickets went live WATCHING the countdown and didn't get anything. This could be the last time I see brand new and I have to pay a fucking scalper piece of shit to do it. Ugh.

what are the odds I put a picture of jesse Lacey in my fifth post 7 years ago? don't come running to me when they're coming for you.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I thought this was our in October, and yet I just bought it on Amazon and am listening to it. What happened here?

Will also get vinyl

Kemal86

Really curious what the album sounded like last year when it was delayed. Mene and I Am A Nightmare would not have sounded right on the album we actually got. (tho Out of Range totally would have).

Really curious what the album sounded like last year when it was delayed. Mene and I Am A Nightmare would not have sounded right on the album we actually got. (tho Out of Range totally would have).

Yeah I expected them going back to a poppier sound like deja. Really happy with this though, the band rightfully left behind the 'emo' scene and have really cemented themselves as one of the best rock bands of the 2000s.

I was pretty ambivalent about them breaking up in 2018 because I didn't believe they could produce great music after an 8 year gap but now I just wish they would keep going

It's weird that the song that sounds the most at home on the albums I like the least is the one I keep coming back to, but goddamn if Can't Get It Out isn't genuinely affecting. It's not the /best/ song on the album ("In the Water", "Same Logic/Teeth", "Lit Me Up" are monumental achievements for them), but it's the one that's hitting me the hardest.

It's weird that the song that sounds the most at home on the albums I like the least is the one I keep coming back to, but goddamn if Can't Get It Out isn't genuinely affecting. It's not the /best/ song on the album ("In the Water", "Same Logic/Teeth", "Lit Me Up" are monumental achievements for them), but it's the one that's hitting me the hardest.

Yep. I just had the balls to ask my crush of three years out, only for her to tell me that she's moving away in a matter of months and doesn't want to start something she can't hold on to. That song keeps cutting me like a fucking knife.

hughesta

Banned
Can't Get It Out, 751, and No Control are standing super tall to me right now, despite not really being the sort of Brand New music I like the most. I think Waste is pretty bland though.

Paid way too much money for that limited CD they sent out and a preorder of the white version of the vinyl, but I've got to have it. Damn scalpers.

Wow, I had no idea there was a thread here. Album is amazing, got my ticket to the Baltimore show. I don't want 2018 to be th last hurrah, but something something 18 forever..

:(

First spin yesterday out on a walk and I really like it. This can't be their last album, it sounds like they have grown so much as writers/musicians/people that they have to keep doing this forever.

Every album of Brandnews have come at perfect points in my life and had a large impact on it. I'm hoping this is the case with the #5th. haven't listen to it yet, but looking forward to it. Got it loaded up on spotify and ready to go.

Shiloa

It's showing on Spotify for me now too.

I like it so far. But I do wish there was a bit more edge somewhere. I want at least one song I can properly yell along to.

citizentaxman

Neo Member
dat outro to out of mana ;o

I have to go
I want to say I'm in love with you
And I'm more than the skin of my teeth
I digress
I am a mess, I'm in love with you
I will go without water or sleep
I'm a ghost
I can't say I know that I'm even here
Or is this some eternal test
Hold me close
I'll never know if it's more or less
No reset

451 is probably my favorite song in some time. Other stand outs for me are Same Logic, 137, and Out of Mana.

Album is missing a Jesus Christ and Limousine type moment to surpass The Devil and God for me. It may pass Deja but that has Ok I believe you, but my tommy gun don't.

ATF487

Yeah. Like the quieter moments of TDAG all grown up

It's actually a lot like Leaked Demos 2006 which is my second favourite "album"

Yeah this is what I was thinking. You hear some of the Morrissey influence in here (which is what I think people were getting at with the Deja/Leaked Demos comparisons) but I hear more of the mature emo via Lonesome Crowded West style stuff here.

Also getting Soundtracks for the Blind vibes with the weird vocal snippets, which is not a bad thing

Top Bottom