• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Kyu

Neo Member
K@GAF, your Wyvern is pretty slick!

Wish the Rare Summon would give me a dark type monster. Once I get to St. Lamia I'm sure I'll farm for Mifune though.

Also, thanks forgrim! That's a great idea to maximize metal runs.

Thanks! I'll try to keep it up as much as possible.

Lan_97

I added myself to the list. I'll also add GAF to comments.

Thanks for the metal parade tips forgrim. I've been leveling and waiting to get the most runs out of a key, but I haven't thought about sitting in the menu to recharge for a last run.

Jinko

Done :D

D1DPXp3.png

I did 4 Rare pulls to try and get Alice or even Mifune.

I got Will (who is light) and Lemia, I'm not even sure if Lemia is any good. The other 2 were pretty much junk. No luck at all.

lordcyno

saw this in the pad thread the other day and decided to try it out

added myself to the gaf list

Ran metal parade a few times but don't actually have the gold to feed them to my monsters

saw this in the pad thread the other day and decided to try it out

added myself to the gaf list

Ran metal parade a few times but don't actually have the gold to feed them to my monsters

You can do gold runs on the weekend, you should be able to make enough to last you through till the next weekend.

forgrim

I did 4 Rare pulls to try and get Alice or even Mifune.

I got Will (who is light) and Lemia, I'm not even sure if Lemia is any good. The other 2 were pretty much junk. No luck at all.

lemia is pretty good. i'm about to stock up 5 keys, gotta use one sometime tomorrow sadface. (and that's a friendly reminder telling people that 5 is the max stockpile for metal parade keys)

chrono01

Well I finally set up/installed my new iPhone 5S, so I'm going to use my previous 3GS model [before I give it away to my dad] to re-roll until I get a satisfactory character. I can easily delete all content settings/ reinstall Brave Frontier, create a Guest account, and rinse/repeat as much as necessary. Once I get my account situated, I'll post my ID here.

It will be tiring, and I know it's probably not worth it, but I can't help myself.

Jinko

Well I finally set up/installed my new iPhone 5S, so I'm going to use my previous 3GS model [before I give it away to my dad] to re-roll until I get a satisfactory character. I can easily delete all content settings/ reinstall Brave Frontier, create a Guest account, and rinse/repeat as much as necessary. Once I get my account situated, I'll post my ID here.

It will be tiring, and I know it's probably not worth it, but I can't help myself.

What are you aiming for ? Personally I would be happy with something that can reach 5 star or one of the new characters.

Anyone else finding Arena really broken, I find my characters will have full BB bars and just sit on them for 3-4 turns, also your characters will target one enemy character, yet the enemy can dual/triple team one of yours. Seems really unfair to me.

colinp

Banned
Is it really worthwhile farming to get BB skill ups? I feel like I would be wasting my life for little benefit. Think I'll just suffer without. Is that wrong?

chrono01

What are you aiming for ? Personally I would be happy with something that can reach 5 star or one of the new characters.

Anyone else finding Arena really broken, I find my characters will have full BB bars and just sit on them for 3-4 turns, also your characters will target one enemy character, yet the enemy can dual/triple team one of yours. Seems really unfair to me.
Ideally, I'd like Alice. I've heard she's great, but if I get anything that evolves into a great Five-Star leader, I'll keep them.

I tried four times earlier tonight and got nothing lower-tier Four-Star pulls. I'll try again later today and see. :/

SmokyDave

Is there a list somewhere of characters I should be looking out for?

I'm fairly happy with my team, even though they're a mixed bunch of two, three and four star cats. It is a little annoying investing in a character only to find that they max out at 3 stars though.

chrono01

Is there a list somewhere of characters I should be looking out for?

I'm fairly happy with my team, even though they're a mixed bunch of two, three and four star cats. It is a little annoying investing in a character only to find that they max out at 3 stars though.
This might help you:

http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Unit_Evolution_List

The ones that go up to Level 60 are Five-Star monsters, so you might want to focus on those.

Jinko

Is it really worthwhile farming to get BB skill ups? I feel like I would be wasting my life for little benefit. Think I'll just suffer without. Is that wrong?

Best way is to just feed your trash monsters to whatever you need skilled up.

http://bravefrontierpros.tumblr.com/post/73182018684/raising-brave-burst-skill-level
Brave Burst skill level levels up randomly when fusing cards of the same types, instead of having an experience bar like Unit Levels. The key to raising Brave Burst is by fusing cards of similar BB Skill Type as follows to a max lvl of 10:

Attack skills
Healing skills
Support skills (e.g. buff def/attack/HC/BC/Rec)

In addition, your BB lvl is reset to 1 everytime you evolve. I’ve heard that in the future BB lvl is halved (rounded downwards) when evolved in future updates. e.g. if you have BB lvl 9, you will get BB lvl 4 after evolution.

Raising a BB lvl increases the following, but does not improve activation rate during arena

Raises attack for attack type skills (~15% increment when maxed)
Increase probability of inflicting status ailments for skills that does it.
Improved healing
Increase effectiveness of buff

With the above in consideration below are some quick tips for raising your unit’s BB lvl:

Raise BB Lvl only when your unit is at its final evolution
Metal Gods, units without skills, or units with different skill types do not raise BB lvl.
Raise BB lvl before you start raising unit’s lvl as it can get very costly.
Lvl of feeder units does not matter. It’s the skill that matters. Thus farm the lower lvl quest maps that requires fewer energy for feeders. Lower lvl feeders cost less to fuse.
Using units with similar element in addition to same skill type improves success rate. Updated: There is not enough evidence at the moment to support this.
Fuse 1x card at a time for higher chance of success. Bear in mind success rate seems to drop at higher lvls. Fusing more than 1 card is suppose to increase the success rate but the rate increase seems negligible.

We’ll touch on super brave bursts next time, which are coming with 6* units in the near future. Happy fusing!

Levelling them up definitely has their advantages especially for status ailments and boosting attacks etc.

Jinko

Looks like we get elemental Ghosts in the next patch .. whenever that will be.
Japan are way ahead of us, they go up to 426.

wiki

wiki

wiki

wiki

wiki

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Tried to install and play. Nothing but "unexpected errors". Any idea what's going on?

forgrim

5S. I can input my name, but then it'll crash every time. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, no luck. Maybe I'm not meant to play it, probably for the best, haha.

its strange, i had this exact same crashing after name when i first played the game in early jan. that made me stop playing for one month and one day i loaded it up and it worked just fine. someone else in this thread was having the same issue, wonder if it fixed itself for him.

on another note, if you used the code on the first stage for the metal god, and/or have metal parade keys, make sure to save all your metal for the fusion event starting friday. 1.5x or 2x experience boosts will greatly enhance the metal god experience.

and btw, finally picked up a zeln after 30 clears or so. on to alma!

So nice to see a community for this game on one of the forums I frequent (Although I lurk much more than I post).

Here is my current team.

IMG_3842.png

Lvl 50 (5*) Goddess Emelia
Lvl 44 (5*) God Tree Eltri
Lvl 44 (5*) Commander Mega
Lvl 50 (5*) Fire God Vargas
Lvl 60 (4*) Princess Emelia

Player ID: 89589649

Jinko

Congratz, she's been wrecking me on level 2 for some reason, ironically I got Nemia first try on level 1.

I need one of those god tree's, I assume hes the best healer in the game at the moment outside of fire dungeons.

Do we know the drop rates for the special dungeons between levels 1, 2 and 3? Obviously higher is better, but does it even matter to run level 1 for the drop?

...not that I can clear it right now anyway.

Congratz, she's been wrecking me on level 2 for some reason, ironically I got Nemia first try on level 1.

I need one of those god tree's, I assume hes the best healer in the game at the moment outside of fire dungeons.

Tree guy is legit. I've been running the water healer on my water team and it's just not close. Seems you need to relay on active skills to heal instead of hearts. Always seems hearts don't drop when i'm in need. Or if they do, they don't go to who needs it.

forgrim

Do we know the drop rates for the special dungeons between levels 1, 2 and 3? Obviously higher is better, but does it even matter to run level 1 for the drop?

...not that I can clear it right now anyway.

Tree guy is legit. I've been running the water healer on my water team and it's just not close. Seems you need to relay on active skills to heal instead of hearts. Always seems hearts don't drop when i'm in need. Or if they do, they don't go to who needs it.

yes they drop on level 1 and its rng to whether you get it or not. higher chances in the higher levels obviously, but that's cuz it takes so much more energy to run them.

Between this and P&D I do not think I will ever need another iOS game. This game is fantastic!

But holy shit does this drain the hell out of my battery lol. It makes my 4s run hot too. Only game to ever do that.

If I leave the screen on with some brightness turned up, this game will drain me from 80% to 20% within 90 minutes or so.

Currently just building up my starter team. Figured out the Town system and creating potions and spheres and all that. Beat my first Vortex dungeon ( Wednesday, tons of Mimics! ) and just going along with the regular story dungeons. Great stuff so far. Love the art. Love the music. Especially love the music. P&D music blows.

My friend ID is 800549169

forgrim

Between this and P&D I do not think I will ever need another iOS game. This game is fantastic!

But holy shit does this drain the hell out of my battery lol. It makes my 4s run hot too. Only game to ever do that.

If I leave the screen on with some brightness turned up, this game will drain me from 80% to 20% within 90 minutes or so.

Currently just building up my starter team. Figured out the Town system and creating potions and spheres and all that. Beat my first Vortex dungeon ( Wednesday, tons of Mimics! ) and just going along with the regular story dungeons. Great stuff so far. Love the art. Love the music. Especially love the music. P&D music blows.

My friend ID is 800549169

a tip for easily conquering the level 2 mimic dungeon is...don't open any treasure chests that move. that way you'll have a full stock of items and bursts for the guaranteed bat mimic in the end. same can be said for level 1 if you just want a mimic spawn.

commish

its strange, i had this exact same crashing after name when i first played the game in early jan. that made me stop playing for one month and one day i loaded it up and it worked just fine. someone else in this thread was having the same issue, wonder if it fixed itself for him.

on another note, if you used the code on the first stage for the metal god, and/or have metal parade keys, make sure to save all your metal for the fusion event starting friday. 1.5x or 2x experience boosts will greatly enhance the metal god experience.

Ah, glad to see I'm not the only one. I don't know what else to do, honestly. I'm hoping it'll fix itself so I randomly try and it always crashes at the same spot (after the name).

a tip for easily conquering the level 2 mimic dungeon is...don't open any treasure chests that move. that way you'll have a full stock of items and bursts for the guaranteed bat mimic in the end. same can be said for level 1 if you just want a mimic spawn.

I actually thought about doing that the first time around. But then I realized they are doing a sort of " take a chance " type game with them where 2 of the chests seemed to be ok ( lv. 1 dungeon ) and 1 of them would be the mimic. I hit 3 of the mimics and then got through lv. 4 without opening the mimic lol.

But hey, they are not too bad and they give good experience when you get them to drop for you. So either way, good to go! I'll try lv. 2 in a bit I think.

I know someone on a Samsung Galaxy phone that has the same " unexpected error " crash when attempting to start the game up.

Is Alma any good? I want to catch one just to add to my collection but is he worth levelling up?

Edit: I'm finding Alma much tougher than the previous two special dungeons!

colinp

Banned

Wait, mimic treasure chests move? I never noticed! Hah, guess I should pay a bit more attention when I click them.

Thanks for that post Jinko. Cemented some of what I've read about leveling BB. Not so worried about farming it anymore!

forgrim

Is Alma any good? I want to catch one just to add to my collection but is he worth levelling up?

Edit: I'm finding Alma much tougher than the previous two special dungeons!

farmed level 2 alma dungeon 4 times to try to pick alma and atro, with one atro sighting but 0 catches on alma and atro, and the last attempt at level 2 alma, my god.

she bb'd every turn, even my two healer team got overwhelmed, barely won.

normally i found her easier than zeln but that was just ridiculous.

farmed level 2 alma dungeon 4 times to try to pick alma and atro, with one atro sighting but 0 catches on alma and atro, and the last attempt at level 2 alma, my god.

she bb'd every turn, even my two healer team got overwhelmed, barely won.

normally i found her easier than zeln but that was just ridiculous.

I found she's bb'ing nearly every second turn sometimes more. Makes her very hard to beat, I've beaten her a few times on lvl2, not even gonna bother with lvl3 haha.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Finally have all 6 starter units.

Got 5 of them to 5* and 2 are already lv 80. Hope to have the rest of them maxed by the time the rainbow leaders hit the rare summon.

commish

Finally got the game working, had to log in with my facebook account. But now it is forcing me to post to my facebook account. I can't go forward unless I post on my fb that I am doing this summoning thing. Well this is getting lame :\

Anyway, I got someone named Commander Mega. Do I just keep this guy, or is re-rolling for a better free guy a "thing" in this game like it was/is with PAD?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Finally got the game working, had to log in with my facebook account. But now it is forcing me to post to my facebook account. I can't go forward unless I post on my fb that I am doing this summoning thing. Well this is getting lame :\

Anyway, I got someone named Commander Mega. Do I just keep this guy, or is re-rolling for a better free guy a "thing" in this game like it was/is with PAD?

Commander mega is a pretty good unit that has a 5* evolution. If he is a breaker or anima, I would keep him.

The game has never forced me to post anything on facebook, I just hit the cancel button.

commish

Commander mega is a pretty good unit that has a 5* evolution. If he is a breaker or anima, I would keep him.

The game has never forced me to post anything on facebook, I just hit the cancel button.

Breaker or anima?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Breaker or anima?

Each unit has a type.

Breaker +ATK -DEF
Anima +HP -REC
Oracle -HP +REC
Guardian -ATK +DEF
Lord +nothing -nothing

It seems Anima and Breaker are preferred at the moment on most units. Oracle will receive a buff in a few months.
Guardian always sucks to get.

forgrim

he's very very good. since you rolled him, i suggest you immediately go a water heavy team (which is a good team in itself)

unless you roll an alice or something.

edit: what's ur friend id diabolos, i could use a high level friend to get me over the hump for some missions teehee

commish

Each unit has a type.

Breaker +ATK -DEF
Anima +HP -REC
Oracle -HP +REC
Guardian -ATK +DEF
Lord +nothing -nothing

It seems Anima and Breaker are preferred at the moment on most units. Oracle will receive a buff in a few months.
Guardian always sucks to get.

Oh, thanks. He's Oracle. Didn't realize a pull could vary like that, unlike PAD. But this game has a crapload of things lifted from PAD, which is a good thing.

yeah just cancel out of that shit. Nothing is mandatory as far as I know.

chrono01

I've been trying to create a new account all day and I keep getting hit with the "Unexpected Error" that so many are having.

I might just wait a few days and then try again, this is really bothersome. :/

I've been trying to create a new account all day and I keep getting hit with the "Unexpected Error" that so many are having.

I might just wait a few days and then try again, this is really bothersome. :/

Few posts up commish said it worked after he linked his FB account. Could be that?

chrono01

Few posts up commish said it worked after he linked his FB account. Could be that?
Possibly. I didn't want to link my Facebook until I got a Hero I liked, since create numerous FB accounts would have been a headache. >_<

Anyway, I managed to continue [without linking my Facebook account] after multiple tries, and got Fire Knight Lava as a Super-Rare summon. I am happy with that, as she will compliment my Vargas well. 50% boost to all Fire-Types? Yes please!

I immediately linked that account to my Facebook, and now all I have to do is login to that same account on my permanent device [iPhone 5S] and I can delete/give away my iPhone [the one I was using as a re-roll system]. I'll post my ID, and add those that posed earlier, when I do!

commish

he's very very good. since you rolled him, i suggest you immediately go a water heavy team (which is a good team in itself)

unless you roll an alice or something.

edit: what's ur friend id diabolos, i could use a high level friend to get me over the hump for some missions teehee

My next roll was a Scythe God Alice. I take it I should be building around her and not commander then?

Top Bottom