• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Possibly. I didn't want to link my Facebook until I got a Hero I liked, since create numerous FB accounts would have been a headache. >_<

Anyway, I managed to continue [without linking my Facebook account] after multiple tries, and got Fire Knight Lava as a Super-Rare summon. I am happy with that, as she will compliment my Vargas well. 50% boost to all Fire-Types? Yes please!

I immediately linked that account to my Facebook, and now all I have to do is login to that same account on my permanent device [iPhone 5S] and I can delete/give away my iPhone [the one I was using as a re-roll system]. I'll post my ID, and add those that posed earlier, when I do!
Ha, I was just about to ask about Fire Knight Lava, since I pulled her, too. I started with the lightning guy, though.

Keep? Reroll?

forgrim

Lava is an amazing fire char, probably one of the top 3 fire characters. And Alice is amazing since she's easy to level up and great DMG. U lucky guy.

chrono01

Ha, I was just about to ask about Fire Knight Lava, since I pulled her, too. I started with the lightning guy, though.

Keep? Reroll?
Definitely keep. You can always obtain Vargas later on via Honor summons, and she's an even better Leader than him. You did well.

I added myself to the GAF Google Doc, and sent an invite to those listed [well, those that didn't already reach the maximum level of friends].

Hope to see you around in-game!

Definitely keep. You can always obtain Vargas later on via Honor summons, and she's an even better Leader than him. You did well.

I added myself to the GAF Google Doc, and sent an invite to those listed [well, those that didn't already reach the maximum level of friends].

Hope to see you around in-game!
Friend request sent. I also tried to add everyone else on the list, but MMBoss and Jinko are full on friends. I'm J. Death. Stupid 8-character limit.

Also, do you know what keyboards work for editing your profile? Stock Android and Swype do not.

OceanBlue

Yay, got a Zeln! I'm glad I could get one before the event ended. Time to try and get Alma.

Added myself on the GAF list and I'm currently adding people.

Friend request sent. I also tried to add everyone else on the list, but MMBoss and Jinko are full on friends. I'm J. Death. Stupid 8-character limit.

Also, do you know what keyboards work for editing your profile? Stock Android and Swype do not.

Swiftkey works.

ReaperXL7

So here is my updated team so far

screenshot_2014-02-27kaenf.png

And before I forget again my ID is

Game is good, I'm enjoying it quite abit honestly. It gets a pretty even split for my time between this and Tower of Saviors.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Why no PAD, Reaper? I tried ToS but thought PAD was better... but that was a long time ago. And I don't PaD anymore.

ReaperXL7

Why no PAD, Reaper? I tried ToS but thought PAD was better... but that was a long time ago. And I don't PaD anymore.

I'm not sure when the last time you played was, I have only messed with it since around the end of last year, but Tower of Saviors was just more enjoyable to me then PAD. The presentation was better imo, I enjoy the art more then in PAD, and the devs are great about adding content and lots of premium giveaways.

Both are good games I just got into TOS more and now I'm too invested to bother switching.

Is there a list or tier system as far as what 'good' units are? I'm basically keeping one of everything because I have no idea what will end up good.

My first 3 pulls were :

Wyvern
Sergio
Behemoth.

I guess they're good?

ReaperXL7

Is there a list or tier system as far as what 'good' units are? I'm basically keeping one of everything because I have no idea what will end up good.

My first 3 pulls were :

Wyvern
Sergio
Behemoth.

I guess they're good?

Best resource I have found is the wiki http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Units

Sergio is not bad, but the easy keepers are Wyvren,and behemoth. Both of them evolve to 5 star units, in terms of their stats it largely depends on their class.

commish

I'm not sure when the last time you played was, I have only messed with it since around the end of last year, but Tower of Saviors was just more enjoyable to me then PAD. The presentation was better imo, I enjoy the art more then in PAD, and the devs are great about adding content and lots of premium giveaways.

Both are good games I just got into TOS more and now I'm too invested to bother switching.

Yeah, the art style was definitely much better. I was also heavily invested in PAD (like you are with TOS), so there was no switching. I'm really liking this Brave Frontier but I don't think it has the depth of PAD. But then again, I only just started.

Jinko

I play both games, more invested in PAD though, but agree that overall ToS is fundamentally the better game, it lacks a lot of the charm that PAD has for me though, including the superior art style.

chrono01

Just a tip, but to those just starting out [such as myself], use a Metal Key to start the Metal Parade dungeon as soon as possible [well, when you have 15 Energy]. It's incredibly easy and, considering it rewards you with 1000XP every time you complete it, you can run it continuously until you rank up several times. Once you stop ranking up, stay in the Metal Parade dungeon until you have 15 Energy and run it one last time.

Using this method, I've just run it around 6 times. I got a couple Metal Gods and several Metal Kings, so it definitely paid off. In addition to this, I increased my rank, so there's only benefits!

Obviously it only works when you're at a low rank where each run will grant you a new rank [and thus, refresh your Energy], but for those new to the game it can be very helpful.

Just a tip, but to those just starting out [such as myself], use a Metal Key to start the Metal Parade dungeon as soon as possible [well, when you have 15 Energy]. It's incredibly easy and, considering it rewards you with 1000XP every time you complete it, you can run it continuously until you rank up several times. Once you stop ranking up, stay in the Metal Parade dungeon until you have 15 Energy and run it one last time.

Using this method, I've just run it around 6 times. I got a couple Metal Gods and several Metal Kings, so it definitely paid off. In addition to this, I increased my rank, so there's only benefits!

Obviously it only works when you're at a low rank where each run will grant you a new rank [and thus, refresh your Energy], but for those new to the game it can be very helpful.
Where do you get your key?

I think I'm going to get rocked by Alma. I had no idea it was a light dungeon and brought in water stuff.

colinp

Banned
I can consistently take care of lvl 1 Alma, but anything above is too much. Unfortunate that drop rates for lvl 1 are so low!

Similarly, I need high level evo mats but don't have the energy to enter those dungeons! Argh! I feel they are pretty stingy with energy in this game. I get it's part of the IAP but even so, the energy leveling is pretty slow. And for some reason the hero summon keeps giving me jewel kings! Hahaha

Does the wiki show what each gain is for each level? I'm having trouble finding that info.

I can consistently take care of lvl 1 Alma, but anything above is too much. Unfortunate that drop rates for lvl 1 are so low!

Similarly, I need high level evo mats but don't have the energy to enter those dungeons! Argh! I feel they are pretty stingy with energy in this game. I get it's part of the IAP but even so, the energy leveling is pretty slow. And for some reason the hero summon keeps giving me jewel kings! Hahaha

Does the wiki show what each gain is for each level? I'm having trouble finding that info.

I was on the official (I think) forum for BF and someone had a spreadsheet for what was gained every level, if I can find it I'll post the link,

Jinko

Alma on lvl 2 is starting to piss me off lol, how do ya beat this bitch.

Always get her down to less than 5% and then die :(

Phades

I'm a bit jealous seeing all the folks getting Trees of uber healing, pixie kings, and Alice straight away. I kept getting junk with my gems that didn't really combo/spark well together or have complimentary skills. I drool over folks who nabbed Elmino early on...

I started with earth and got some fire pulls with first teir lava and phoenix, then got 2nd tier mifune and undine. Honor summons have been all trash slimes, harpies, or skeletons.

The special character dungeons have helped out a bit. Gaia fist, Thunder kick, and Alma look like they should help out my issues a bit though....

But, i got frustrated and started a 2nd game and got envious of those characters already in spite of my time invested on the first. Started with vargas and first honor pull grabbed selena. Followed that up with a 2nd teir valkyrie, Luna, and Aem. Element bias is all over the place, but most of them rank up pretty far down the line. Just need good support characters...

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm a bit jealous seeing all the folks getting Trees of uber healing, pixie kings, and Alice straight away. I kept getting junk with my gems that didn't really combo/spark well together or have complimentary skills. I drool over folks who nabbed Elmino early on...

I started with earth and got some fire pulls with first teir lava and phoenix, then got 2nd tier mifune and undine. Honor summons have been all trash slimes, harpies, or skeletons.

The special character dungeons have helped out a bit. Gaia fist, Thunder kick, and Alma look like they should help out my issues a bit though....

But, i got frustrated and started a 2nd game and got envious of those characters already in spite of my time invested on the first. Started with vargas and first honor pull grabbed selena. Followed that up with a 2nd teir valkyrie, Luna, and Aem. Element bias is all over the place, but most of them rank up pretty far down the line. Just need good support characters...

The only good things you will ever get from Honor summons are the starter units for the 6 elements. Other than that, everything is garbage.

Phades

The only good things you will ever get from Honor summons are the starter units for the 6 elements. Other than that, everything is garbage.

Yeah, that is quite a shame. Even stuff that you could capture, unless it is from a special event, is mostly trash too. I was fairly annoyed by this considering my gem pulls grabbed stuff i could capture on my own with enough persistence on my first game. After earning some totems though, I find it hard to just wipe the game and start all over again.

Alma on lvl 2 is starting to piss me off lol, how do ya beat this bitch.

Always get her down to less than 5% and then die :(

I normally save all my bursts for her last 10% since she gets a buff at about 15% health. I keep my healing unit on guard so I don't need to worry about him getting rolled.

Phades

I normally save all my bursts for her last 10% since she gets a buff at about 15% health. I keep my healing unit on guard so I don't need to worry about him getting rolled.

This helps, plus lots and lots of healing skills/items. Characters that can buff defense help a lot too (which is why i think Elmino is a god, group heal + defense buff in a single package...).

Unlike gaia fist (ended last week), thunder kicks and alma are pretty scary on lv 3. Like Light + dark totem and support monsters scary (dat aoe spam ><; ). Lv 2 isn't nearly as bad if your characters are evolved 1-2 times and at least halfway leveled up.

It does make me wonder though, how far along people on gaf have gotten on the Frontier hunter dungeon. Last week I tried it and got to stage 14 and just short of the points for the next reward teir. It almost makes me shocked that folks have teams strong enough to complete it entirely.

chrono01

This game really is a lot more fun than I originally thought it would be. Trying to time your attacks so they will Spark is incredibly addicting, and progress seems to be going at a nice rate [although I'm sure it will slow down a bit with time].

I just hope they continue to support the game by adding new units, areas, etc.. If they do, I can see myself staying with this one for a long time.

forgrim

This game really is a lot more fun than I originally thought it would be. Trying to time your attacks so they will Spark is incredibly addicting, and progress seems to be going at a nice rate [although I'm sure it will slow down a bit with time].

I just hope they continue to support the game by adding new units, areas, etc.. If they do, I can see myself staying with this one for a long time.

We r behind Japanese version by three months or so ... New stuff is definetly coming haha

Uthred

Is there any way to reset on android? Tried deleting the data after using a guest account but it didnt seem to do the job

Pbae

I just rolled a 3* Alice, and she/he? is a Guardian. From what I've read, I assume this is similar to PAD and that I can probably get a better pull from the Gatcha. But the tutorial is so long and I don't want to keep rerolling T_T. Is Alice like Siren from PAD b/c I'm a no IAP player.

Jinko

I just rolled a 3* Alice, and she/he? is a Guardian. From what I've read, I assume this is similar to PAD and that I can probably get a better pull from the Gatcha. But the tutorial is so long and I don't want to keep rerolling T_T. Is Alice like Siren from PAD b/c I'm a no IAP player.

Alice is prob the best character in the game at the moment, Breaker or Anima are normally the best to roll but I wouldn't turn my nose up at Guardian either.

commish

Alice is prob the best character in the game at the moment, Breaker or Anima are normally the best to roll but I wouldn't turn my nose up at Guardian either.

I rolled a 5 star alice....

Oracle....

It's okay Alice. I still love you.

Pbae

Ok, so I just started and got my two pulls. So far I have,

Alice - Guardian
Holy Queen Luna - Anima
Warrior Eze - Guardian

Should I re-roll or not. People have said that Alice is one of the best but since she is a guardian class and so is my starting leader I wanted your opinion. Also, I found out you can get Luna from the honor summon. I think PAD has messed me up good guys =[

Jinko

I should be scrapping anything that is not 3+ stars or an evolution mat, right?

Depends the 2 star farmable charcters (pirate, theif etc) arent too shaby when evolved and levelled to 40.

If you spend a lot on gems though you wont need them.

commish

Depends the 2 star farmable charcters (pirate, theif etc) arent too shaby when evolved and levelled to 40.

If you spend a lot on gems though you wont need them.

Ah okay, maybe I'll keep one of those 2star dudes. The rest are just clogging up my box.

Cerity

just started playing and are boss level drops so regular? I've gotten the boss drops from nearly every single dungeon now.

Pbae

Tried to get the OS specific monster from the facebook code and i'm getting an error message saying that I can't participate in this campaign anymore today. Anyone else getting something similar? Also getting that for the metal god thing.

chrono01

Speaking of the Metal God referral, does anyone want to trade with me that way we both get two [it's similar to how you traded Presents in Puzzle & Dragons]? If so, just let me know and we can send them to each other's ID.

My ID is in the Google Doc.

Pbae

Speaking of the Metal God referral, does anyone want to trade with me that way we both get two [it's similar to how you traded Presents in Puzzle & Dragons]? If so, just let me know and we can send them to each other's ID.

My ID is in the Google Doc.

I'll trade with ya. Don't know where the google doc is though =[

chrono01

I'll trade with ya. Don't know where the google doc is though =[
Sounds good!

The Google Doc is located in the OT. Just quote the post and copy/paste the link. My name is Chrono in-game.

Has your ID been posted already? If so, I'll send that Metal God along now.

Never mind, I see your code now. I'll add you right away.

Edit - And sent!

Top Bottom