• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default - Final Demo

Sinople

I've finished the demo yesterday, 100% in around 8 hours.
My only one complaint is how rebuilding the town can be a pain if there's no one playing the game around. It's almost perfect otherwise.

Day 1, and that means something as it's been 3 years I haven't bought a game on release.

Just started playing the demo (about 30 minutes in). This game is beautiful; from the Clock Tower Town, to the character/enemy models and animations, to the battle scenes, especially in 3D. The only thing that is somewhat lackluster is the over-world, but it's not ugly, just somewhat plain. The lack of 3D on the character screen is a bit sad, but I suppose you don''t need 3D for it, since it's only 2D elements. Music is fun and lively.

Bladenic

I went from not caring a single ounce for this game, to watching some demo footage, to being pretty hyped now. When this comes out in NA, and if I have a 3DS at that point, day 1.

urfe

Throughout all the demos, I had a love/hate relationship with this game.

It's now firmly on love, and I think it'll be one of Square-Enix's best games in a long long time.

Going to somehow create money (poor grad student :() and pick it up when it gets released.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Sorry for my poor English.
A gaming channel on Niconico is going to stream the newest info about Bravely Default.
It'll be started in 8 hours.

Oh, I wasn't picking on your English, I just wanted more info. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks!

urfe

Not sure if it's a faux-pas to revive an old thread.

I just beat the demo, and in the most unsatisfying way. The last boss is by no means easy, and I was slogging through it, slowly losing my ether supply from constantly using Curaga. However, I can taken off thousands of HP of the boss, so I was sure he would be finished soon.

Then, with my black wizard character, I decide to just try and see what the "friend" option does. I get a list of a few people I had street passed, picked the first one, and that friend did an attack that took off 9999 HP off the boss and killed him instantly. How anti-climatic! If I had done that right away, he would not have been a challenge at all (nor would any of the bosses).

I had always ignored the whole friend system (reading game mechanics in Japanese (or English thinking about it) is not really my thing), so I hope it's not incredibly unbalanced in the game too.

Top Bottom