• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Most of the characters will have to deal with the secrets they keep or their anxieties yes and eventually they'll face them or deal with the consequences.

I'm not going to tell the story is something we've never seen before, but for me it was very charming and heartwarming, with a bit of humor, sadness, joy etc. I liked it very much.

Thanks. My one concern out of the demo was that the four character would essentially be mute observers to what is going on. If they have personalities and are explored (a requirement for a JRPG for me) then I am all in.

Not so much a direct sequel but the 'same world' thing going on as 'FF: The 4 Heroes of Light'.

It's the original game + extra events + gameplay tweaks. Not too sure but may or may not have hints towards the actual sequel.

Thanks. My one concern out of the demo was that the four character would essentially be mute observers to what is going on. If they have personalities and are explored (a requirement for a JRPG for me) then I am all in.

Also if you've ever played any Tales game they have the same kind of Skits scenes, no voice I believe but helps getting to know them better:
nlhFqYA.png

Aeana

Can't wait. Judging by the demo I will really enjoy the job system. I'd like to really tinker with it and take some atypical jobs like pirate. Hopefully they will also be helpful.

Maybe that's a question for Aeana: are only the standard jobs (black mage, fighter, etc.) worth your while?

Reggie doesn't give a flying fairy
Every job has something good about it.
Merchant or whatever they're gonna call it, especially, is super good for getting exp and money quicker. A job most people probably wouldn't give a second glance to.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
It's the original game + extra events + gameplay tweaks. Not too sure but may or may not have hints towards the actual sequel.
The_Endgamer is referring to a previous game in the FF series, to which BD is a spiritual sequel. It's all in the OP.

Ragus

Banned
Is this a hard JRPG? I'm not very experienced with this genre, having only played DQIX, FFVI and CT and I wonder, if this is a kind of game, where I have to grind a lot. Maybe someone could tell me, how does the difficulty compare to those 3 games?

aravuus

Is this a hard JRPG? I'm not very experienced with this genre, having only played DQIX, FFVI and CT and I wonder, if this is a kind of game, where I have to grind a lot. Maybe someone could tell me, how does the difficulty compare to those 3 games?

Going by the demo, it's definitely harder than what we've been used to. There are overpowered job combos and game mechanics that make grinding very easy for those who are having problems, so with brief planning, you can grind yourself to god levels fast if you want to.

FFVI was fairly easy if I remember right, no? I think BD's 'easy' difficulty could be comparable to FFVI's difficulty.

danthefan

Is this comparable to any of the older FF games at all or just something totally different? I know basically nothing about it but this OT makes me want it badly. Oh, and a 3DS I suppose too.

Oregano

I made an account on Shopto for the collector's edition. It better get here on release day!

Can't wait for this! It's horrible to think that for quite a while this was to remain in Japan.

Leezard

Is this comparable to any of the older FF games at all or just something totally different? I know basically nothing about it but this OT makes me want it badly. Oh, and a 3DS I suppose too.

From what I played in the demo, it is a bit reminiscent of FFV with the Job system. It's a classic turn based combat system with Brave/Default actually being a nice twist.

Kouriozan

I guess it could be compared to FF5 for the gameplay having just played the demo.

Zenaku

With the original game I got the digital version, and I'm pre-ordering the retail version for FtS, but forgot to question whether I'd be able to use my save-data with it, or whether the retail copy would force me to use a new "Bravely Code"; tweeted the official account to be sure.

I was looking forward to a hard mode run, after transferring over just my unlocked jobs.

Can't wait to download this next Friday! Spent 10 hours in the demo alone, i am ready for the full game!
Hope you've got at least 3.4GB of space ;P
With the original game I got the digital version, and I'm pre-ordering the retail version for FtS, but forgot to question whether I'd be able to use my save-data with it, or whether the retail copy would force me to use a new "Bravely Code"; tweeted the official account to be sure.

I was looking forward to a hard mode run, after transferring over just my unlocked jobs.
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=90642615
Check this post out if you can read Japanese.
The link tells how to download not sure if it also says what get transferred etc.

daftstar

I'm really anticipating this game but am still on the fence regarding the art style. That NA boxart doesn't help either.

Shaanyboi

Banned
ok now I'm confused

There's two box arts. The original with just the fairy image, and then the revision (For the Sequel) with the group image.

The enhanced version of the game is what's being released internationally. EU is getting the revision's box art, while NA is getting the original.

Zenaku

Hope you've got at least 3.4GB of space ;P

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=90642615
Check this post out if you can read Japanese.
The link tells how to download not sure if it also says what get transferred etc.

I know about how to get the digital version of FtS; I'm saying I don't want the digital version.

It's unlikely to be in the English version, but the original Japanese game connected to the Square Enix Members site by giving you a "Bravely Code" which you then entered on the website. It allowed you to upload save data and get promotional items (such as the outfit in my avatar).

The problem is that if I got the download version of For the Sequel (which is essentially a patch) it'd use the same Bravely Code I already have, but since I'm getting a brand new retail copy of FtS, it may need a new Bravely Code, which will prevent me from connecting it to my SQENIX Members account, hence I've asked the official twitter about it.

The only option I can see, if the game doesn't take this possibility into account, is by doing what you can do if you enter the Bravely Code incorrectly; since you can't change it yourself, you need to contact support if you enter it wrong, so if FtS gives me a brand new Bravely Code I may be able to get support to switch it with my pre-existing code. Maybe.

Well, the JP boxart is "Bravely Default : For the Sequel", NoA decided to keep the "Bravely Default : Flying Fairy" boxart which is the first game released last year.
Then NoE have the "For the Sequel" boxart.

There's two box arts. The original with just the fairy image, and then the revision (For the Sequel) with the group image.

The enhanced version of the game is what's being released internationally. EU is getting the revision's box art, while NA is getting the original.

argh EU getting the superior version again

The only option I can see, if the game doesn't take this possibility into account, is by doing what you can do if you enter the Bravely Code incorrectly; since you can't change it yourself, you need to contact support if you enter it wrong, so if FtS gives me a brand new Bravely Code I may be able to get support to switch it with my pre-existing code. Maybe.

Ah right, hopefully they'll reply you back.

So it's really that good? How is the soundtrack? Fully orchestrated? Uematsu?

How is the difficulty? Just right or nintendofied and hand holdey with easy battles?

So it's basically a game like FFV right?

Firemind

How is the difficulty? Just right or nintendofied and hand holdey with easy battles?

I don't know about BD, but 4HOL was at times very challenging. In a good way. Not the bullshit way, like those petrifying birds, sand worms and those fucking bullshit moon blobs in FFIV.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Really good. Awesome music. By Sound Horizon(Revo). Difficulty can be as easy or as hard as you like.

Think of it as FFV Job System+FFT customization and as great as FFIX along with the writer being the author of Stein's Gate and I think you have a winner here.

Leeness

February... :(

I'm curious about the story! Someone let me know. FF9 is my favourite FF story (so charming). Will this game make me a happy girl?

LayLa

finished the demo the other day, felt like a love letter to FFV era with a lot of modern twists and a tight battle system - really appreciate little tweaks like tapping right on the dpad to fast forward through battles. can't wait!

Top Bottom