• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BrazilGAF |OT| of Samba, Carnaval... and letting GAF have a sample of it all!

LuuKyK

Dude this isn't that far from me (so I can go scout it!), and we would probably have to go at evening to night. Also the place with the pastel is on that street! Thanks for the tip man sounds like a great place. I've never eaten at madeiro though I always wanted to try. I feel dumb for not realizing this sooner, sucks that I think the only day I'll be able to do this is on a sunday and most places are closed on sunday. I might have to reschedule some things :/ I wouldn't want to take her to a churrasco with the people of my major that's too much for a first date.

hahaha seriously. But sunday its when the Batel Soho happens so everything is open there. Lots of nice people (girls actually, but oh well, you will have yours already :p). Anyway, I say give it a try.

Ezalc

hahaha seriously. But sunday its when the Batel Soho happens so everything is open there. Lots of nice people (girls actually, but oh well, you will have yours already :p). Anyway, I say give it a try.

Yeeeeees I will. Thank you Luu! BrazilGAF delivering on being awesome.

DD

F*ck, I had no intentions to walk on the beach esplanade today (tomorow will be a hard day at work), but after eating two huge slices of torta (unfair to call it "pie", since they are so different) and an awesome cake on my grandma's birthday, I guess I have no choice.

Run, fatty, run!

Ezalc

F*ck, I had no intentions to walk on the beach esplanade today (tomorow will be a hard day at work), but after eating two huge slices of torta (unfair to call it "pie", since they are so different) and an awesome cake on my grandma's birthday, I guess I have no choice.

Run, fatty, run!

You just reminded me that there is this dutch cafe a few cities over that my aunt took me to once. Sweetmotherofgod.jpg the torta de frango in that place. So damn good.

CorvoSol

Brazil-GAF, I am interviewing for a job as a translator in a week or two, and I need the chance to practice my language skills. Anybody want to PM me back and forth in Portuguese? I need the practice.

LuuKyK

Brazil-GAF, I am interviewing for a job as a translator in a week or two, and I need the chance to practice my language skills. Anybody want to PM me back and forth in Portuguese? I need the practice.

You can PM me if you want. I can't promise I will keep answering as I am kind of busy this week, but hey, feel free. :D

DD

You just reminded me that there is this dutch cafe a few cities over that my aunt took me to once. Sweetmotherofgod.jpg the torta de frango in that place. So damn good.

Yes, torta de frango. So fkn' good! *¬*

You can PM me if you want. I can't promise I will keep answering as I am kind of busy this week, but hey, feel free. :D

Same here.

Very nice that it was considered official in 1961. It's really cool to share RECENT news.

It's sad though, that in 2012 the only OFFICIAL news we have for Rio, besides it being a touristic city, are far from being good.

iWEbX0pB95tNz.gif

I'm not hating though. Loved my weekend stay there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferiority_complex

Platy

What the f*ckin' f*ck?!

...with the MIDDLE FINGER

He might know something xD

Also, from what those crazy religious people said, i don't expect anything =P

Sooner some will probably say that "at least he was druggin himself and not worst things like loving a man"

Guri

I can help you too! :D

EDIT: Quoted one guy, replied the other one. Sorry for the confusion! Everything is corrected now.

Platy

Evaristo is still the king

-------------

Explanation for the non-portuguese speakers :

First link is a newscaster talking about dry weather and then the dude says "the weather is so dry here that when a boy says 'I love you' the girl says 'yes' and then proceeds to explain the joke in the most awkward way possible.

Second link is a joke about how Papaya and "one hand" have close pronunciations and then he proceeds to laugh "oh god that is an old joke"

Kid Ying

Best pastel I ever had was at Yoka on rua dos estudantes in Liberdade. Their Frango pastel was a piece of deep fried heaven.
I've just returned from a trip in São Paulo and i went there, but my girlfriend didn't like. :( A shame, cause i love their pizza pastel.

But i have to say, their coxinhas are shamefull. :( Yoka is good, but i remember a place that sells a big as hell pastel... It was inside a supermarket, i think it was the Extra, but i can't say for sure. It's been a while.

And if someone wants to stay at liberdade, i know of a hotel that is guaranteed that will have vacancies. lol

Platy

Ysend.jpg

World Cup mascot.

So ... a "Tatu Bola" (armadillo ball in a literal translation) is the obvious choice ... but not sure about the shading that makes it looks like that it has a flying head =P

Less worst than the last world cup mascots I guess ... but been a while since a REALLY good mascot

Shepard

Ysend.jpg

World Cup mascot.

So ... a "Tatu Bola" (armadillo ball in a literal translation) is the obvious choice ... but not sure about the shading that makes it looks like that it has a flying head =P

Less worst than the last world cup mascots I guess ... but been a while since a REALLY good mascot
I like it! As you said, they should improve on this design, though.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Ysend.jpg

World Cup mascot.

People don't care about mascots anymore since the World Cup 2002 travesty anyway.

LuuKyK

And it was just announced that the ball is going to be called Brazuca. It won over Bossa Nova and Carnavalesca.

Brazil

I knew it was too much to ask for Fantastico to show something along the likes of a Thor/Loki pairing =/

... I mean ... ponies !

...no... wait xD

Keep digging that hole, man.

There won't be a way back!

Ezalc

And it was just announced that the ball is going to be called Brazuca. It won over Bossa Nova and Carnavalesca.

Bossa Nova would have been better but the name isn't that bad.

Ysend.jpg

World Cup mascot.

Ew I don't like it.

Zeroth

Some girl
Who may like or not MyLittlePony and Thor/Loki fanfiction
appeared praticaly naked =P

I wasn't paying attention to the TV when that aired. For a moment I thought I accidentally switched to one of those adult channels ;P

Brazil

I'm so proud of our Paralympic athletes. Once again coming through and humiliating our Olympic athletes.

Brazil

I never thought I'd live long enough to watch another Brazilian becoming a Grand Slam champion.

We're on a roll!

Platy

Now THAT would be interesting.

Almost like Assasin's Creed 2 mixed with Assasin's Creed 3

Italian like city with forests and nature

Top Bottom