• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Breaking Bad" - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know I'm super LTTP to the party on this but I wanted to chime in on how well this season was written. If there was one theme this season had it was

CONSEQUENCE

From the opening when Tuco beat a man to death for "dissing" him, all the way up the plane crash there were unexpected, and expected consequences everywhere. Jesse losing his house, well he said he'd never cook there. Consequence. Walter lying to his wife: consequence. Jane relapsing in to heroin and...ya know. Consequence. Her father's reaction and the plane crash: consequence.

Admittedly the final one was large even for TV but I think it says a lot for Walter's slip in to evil. He will not admit the consequences, both close and far reaching, for his "stepping up" of the drug trade. Like many teacher's and scientists he's about the numbers and the end results. The season finale was a big fat not subtle in the slightest slap that he is going too far. Great show and really well written from a thematic view.

Fun Fact: I am posting here because I am just starting season 3 and don't want spoilers.

Vlad

Fun Fact: I am posting here because I am just starting season 3 and don't want spoilers.

Then you're in the right spot. There's still people who come into the season 4 thread talking about how much they're enjoying the first season. Thankfully nobody's been spoiled on anything yet, as far as I now.

Fry

So I know I'm super LTTP to the party on this but I wanted to chime in on how well this season was written. If there was one theme this season had it was

CONSEQUENCE

I never looked at it this way. Season 2 is my favorite one and I'll gladly re-watch it now.

I never looked at it this way. Season 2 is my favorite one and I'll gladly re-watch it now.

Glad to offer a new perspective. There were lots of examples I didn't mention. See if you can find them because it's a cool discussion as far as I'm concerned and I bet there's some little things I missed.

Oh! Small example: the scene where Walter Jr. drinks tequila.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom