• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2 - The Final Eight Episodes - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season 5B is by far the worst season of Breaking Bad. Where are all the explosions? Also, I believe I speak for everyone when I say this show needs more karate or kung fu scenes.

(mat)

I'm not sure how Hank ties in, but here's some events I can see occur:

- Jesse kills Todd (With Aaron Paul's favorite "bitch")
- Nazi's are after Jesse for killing Todd
- Walt tries to protect Jesse from Nazis

It's fun brainstorming different things that may or may not happen. :)

- NY Mag: Play With Our Breaking Bad Fortune Teller and Predict the Series’ End
yvO4Ek2.png

What in the actual fuck? I sure HOPE that's a placeholder. Do they really think they can get away with selling the complete series for $300? It's not even a steelbook case or anything. I could buy all the seasons individually on blu ray twice over and still have change for that same amount.

Season 5B is by far the worst season of Breaking Bad. Where are all the explosions? Also, I believe I speak for everyone when I say this show needs more karate or kung fu scenes.

Ah yes
if they didn't like it they clearly wanted explosions

That's like saying "go back to COD" if someone doesn't like a game

but really they can't leave this whole "Jesse's dog" thing hanging

Grinchy

Banned
I was in a chem lab on Tuesday, and a few of us were talking while doing some titrations. This show came up. One guy was only on season 2 but the other guy was caught up.

He was complaining that the show is too slow. And then later on he mentioned how much he likes Dexter. I almost threw some acid at his face. What the fuck is wrong with some people.

I'm not sure how Hank ties in, but here's some events I can see occur:

- Jesse kills Todd (With Aaron Paul's favorite "bitch")
- Nazi's are after Jesse for killing Todd
- Walt tries to protect Jesse from Nazis

It's fun brainstorming different things that may or may not happen. :)

As long as the Nazi's don't kidnap Jesse to cook. That plot thread as been predicated a million times, even in those fake spoilers.

inm8num2

I'm trying to wrap my head about future Walt possibly coming back to save Jesse. The thing is, Gilligan said at the end of season 4 that what Walt would do was irredeemable. Since then Gilligan has maintained that he's lost sympathy for Walt. So I just don't know if a last-minute pseudo redemption for Walt would be digestible.

I was in a chem lab on Tuesday, and a few of us were talking while doing some titrations. This show came up. One guy was only on season 2 but the other guy was caught up.

He was complaining that the show is too slow. And then later on he mentioned how much he likes Dexter. I almost threw some acid at his face. What the fuck is wrong with some people.
I have a friend who is sort of like that. HUGE Dexter fan, says it's his favorite show of all time and thinks season 8 is amazing thus far. He says he likes Breaking Bad, but he views it more like a B movie in a double feature, or an appetizer before the main course that is Dexter.

The other day he told me how he thought the episode "Buried" was meh because he had seen that week's Dexter episode before it, and something "amazing" and "mind-blowing" had happened. I have not seen S8 of Dexter yet so maybe he's right, but after seasons 5 to 7... I doubt it.

I'd laugh and cry so hard if Gomez somehow ended up being Gus' replacement.

Where did this theory come from though? For a show that prides itself on earning every bit of ground it covers, I sure as hell haven't seen any evidence that this could be the case. I'd find it incredibly stupid and disappointing, TBQH.

rekameohs

Banned
I wonder if they'll explain why Walt's gas pump spilled everywhere. It's a pretty big plot thread they're leaving hanging.

I'm guessing it was left by Gretchen "this is totally my last name. Yep" Black after giving Walt the Leaves of Grass book.

Symphonia

Banned
Where did this theory come from though? For a show that prides itself on earning every bit of ground it covers, I sure as hell haven't seen any evidence that this could be the case. I'd find it incredibly stupid and disappointing, TBQH.
There's no evidence to suggest it because Gomez is just that good.

I wonder if they'll explain why Walt's gas pump spilled everywhere. It's a pretty big plot thread they're leaving hanging.

I'm guessing it was left by Gretchen "this is totally my last name. Yep" Black after giving Walt the Leaves of Grass book.

Am I missing something? The Gas pump story was just the excuse he used for Jesse.

Man these episodes are going to blow us away I hope. Especially the 2nd to last episode will end with a massive cliffhanger or event where shit goes completely insane. Then in the last episode there's the jump forward and we see the aftermath hinted at in the cold opening earlier.

Grinchy

Banned
First they need to explain how Mike was able to travel to Belize after being shot to death. Come on, writers. Stop being so lazy.

Explicitly says "Nothing stops this train" and what does he do almost immediately?

HE STOPS A FUCKING TRAIN.

Bullshit.

The worse thing is that Lydia hadn't even told him there was a train yet, how the hell did he know he was even going to need to stop it? If he's psychic then he should have known that something could stop the train.
I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder

jonezer4

Who is Mr. Chips? Always hear his character referenced but I don't recall in which season he is in?

He's the guy on the Pringles cans dude. Looks just like Walter in S1. The idea was to take the guy on a Pringles can and turn him into Scarface (the villain from Lion King).

The dog=Gale thing is stupid imo, if Jesse wanted to talk about killing Gale he would've said it straight out. They can't arrest you if you're in a support group.

Also, remember when Walt was buying Junior a car, the guy mentioned Walt hitting a deer? When did that happen? I think Vince is leaving too much to the viewer's imagination.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm glad the real questions are finally being brought up in here. All this talk about Skylar and Jessie and no one was facing the real issues until now.

jonezer4

Also, remember when Walt was buying Junior a car, the guy mentioned Walt hitting a deer? When did that happen? I think Vince is leaving too much to the viewer's imagination.

There's a deleted scene in the S4 DVD where they explain it.

Walt, after running over those gang bangers, was looking for an excuse as to what happened to his car. Wisely, he smattered the Aztek with buck urine and went out driving in well known deer crossings until he hit a deer. Then when everyone asked him what happened to his car, he had a legit excuse that he hit a deer, and he had the deer carcass to prove it. He also was able to make and eat venison bacon which looks delicious.

So that was probably the deer meat the the guy mentioned. Heisenberg is a genius.

Salaadin

I think Mr Chips references the old movie "Goodbye, Mr Chips", which was about a school teacher.

He's the guy on the Pringles cans dude. Looks just like Walter in S1. The idea was to take the guy on a Pringles can and turn him into Scarface (the villain from Lion King).

Holy shit :lol

CassSept

What if all the outbursts and rage episodes Walt experiences are actually him in fugue state? Or even worse, what if soon after the first fugue state he went into another continuous one and will actually wake up in his house in flash-forward and don't know what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom