• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2 - The Final Eight Episodes - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah it's stupid. i now hate skyler because they cheapened the character by ALL OF A SUDDEN making her team walt. it's a flip of the switch for her this season.

they didn't even give us time to show her slowly change opinion.

I hope Jesse blasts the fool

She's not on #TeamWalt, she's on #TeamWhite.

She knows cooperating with Hank would destroy their family. At this point in time, with Walt "out" of the business, her preference would be to try to ride it out. Hank has little evidence to go forward with busting Walt at the moment. Even though it's ruining her relationship with her sister, she's holding together for the sake of the kids. She's still pretty cold and distant with Walt at this point. At best she has an uneasy alliance with him.

She's not on #TeamWalt because I'm sure she'd still strongly prefer the whole meth business never entered their lives. Her "I knew this would happen" reaction to Jesse trying to burn the house down is still evidence of that.

kuppy

I know you people are hyped and what not, but I just wanted to inform you that Walter has everything under control, no danger for the Whites this episode:

dieedsgd.png

Full transcript from that scene in "Malcolm In The Middle Season 7, Ep. 2 'Health Insurance'"
Dewey: We've got to respond.
Reese: Well, I was saving this one to what grade Mr. Watts was going to give me, but we can climb up on their roof and drop a wasp nest down their chimney. I have one ready. I've been teasing the for months to keep them angry.
Malcolm: Perfect.
Hal: What does it take to keep you boys safe?
Malcolm: Dad, you don't know what the Schwabs did.
Hal: I don't care what they did! What is the matter with you boys? Don't you realize you could get killed?!
Reese: Dad, I'm not going to die.
Hal: What?
Reese: I'm 17.
Hal: And so you can't die?
Reese: I just don't see it happening.
Hal: I've got news for you, Reese. 17-year-olds die all the time.
Reese: Oh, come on, Dad. That's just something they tell you so you'll stay off drugs.
Hal: That's it! You're all grounded in your room for the rest of weekend!
Malcolm: What?
Reese: You can't do that!
Dewey: I know I'm gonna die, Dad.
Hal: Nobody is dying in this family until the start of business Monday morning! (closes door then opens it again to find the boys climbing out the window)
Malcolm: Okay, should there be an actual fire, I think we'll be in pretty good shape.

Watched that episode a couple days ago and found Hals statement quite fitting, hope you agree..

10 bucks the ending of Breaking Bad is somewhere on the lines of this: A flashback to walt teaching at the highschool with jesse in the room, and walt unintentionally makes some sort of poetic comment about chemistry that fits with the whole theme of the show.

Of course, there's a 100% chance im wrong considering how unpredictable this ride is.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Introduced another friend to Breaking Bad last night. Caught the first episode with him. Such bliss.
It's funny going back to that first episode, because its almost slapsticky in tone. You really get the impression that the show is going to be more of a wacky ride - not the suspenseful drama that it ends up becoming.

Grinchy

Banned
Is there still time in the series for Walt and Jesse to finally go go-kart racing together?

I'm hoping the last scene is the two of them having a chase scene on go-karts. Hank will confiscate someone's Segway and catch up to them for the final confrontation.

120v

yeah season 1 seems like a totally different show. i annoyed my friend who was watching it the other day because i couldn't shut up about how different in tone everything was

i can't wait to marathon the whole thing on blu ray

Dany

Banned
I'm not really feeling this season. It feels like everything is happening to lead to hte flashforward. Instead of the plot events happening naturally, it feels like the writers are forced to write in a specific direction moreso because they showed hte audience what to expect.

That probably doesn't make much sense.

inm8num2

I'm not really feeling this season. It feels like everything is happening to lead to hte flashforward. Instead of the plot events happening naturally, it feels like the writers are forced to write in a specific direction moreso because they showed hte audience what to expect.

That probably doesn't make much sense.

Have faith, friend. All the pieces of the puzzle will come together. :)

Dany

Banned
Of course it's going to come together. They designed and showed us the completed puzzle and now we are watching them lay the puzzle pieces in place. I am increasingly becoming disinterested in this story telling tactic.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
Of course it's going to come together. They designed and showed us the completed puzzle and now we are watching them lay the puzzle pieces in place. I am increasingly becoming disinterested in this story telling tactic.

They've done that since the first season...

Nitpicky, but they didn't show the completed puzzle by a long shot. That bigass gun Walt has in his trunk? They didn't show us what he does with that.

All we really know is that in the end things go to shit and Walt looks like shit.

Dany

Banned
They've done that since the first season...

They've done the flashforwards throughout season 2 leading to the plane crash. What else are you referring too?

Nitpicky, but they didn't show the completed puzzle by a long shot. That bigass gun Walt has in his trunk? They didn't show us what he does with that.

All we really know is that in the end things go to shit and Walt looks like shit.

Yeah I know, but so far this season has felt the least natural on how the plot is advancing.

Card Boy

Banned

Well its being obvious they thought about the end first and not how they pieces are going to come together, seasons 3 and 4 where proof of that. They just make it up as they go along, its almost become predicable at this stage. It always ends with Walter being a stubborn / pride hungry cunt and causing more destruction, rinse and repeat.

Yeah I know, but so far this season has felt the least natural on how the plot is advancing.
You keep saying it feels "forced" or "unnatural", but really have yet to come up with a compelling argument as to why. Saying "they showed what was going to happen and now they're working towards it" is not an argument at all. What you are describing is a common form of storytelling.

vpance

I think they should've just stayed in the future time period and flash backed the "puzzle pieces". Or kept those scenes as extras on the Blu-ray :)

Knowing that there's only 4 ep left and the first 4 were pretty much used up to setup the rest, the remaining will undoubtedly feel rushed and slightly disappointing. Damn suits trying save a dime.

Dany

Banned
Jesse findng the truth to the ricen forward has me doing a double take in how logical or convoluted everything is. I know its not specific but the mood of the show has been off this season. :/

vpance

Agreed. These last 4 ep feels like a wrap up fan service kind of thing. I predicted as much before the season began too :(

me said:
I just hope it's not predictable, or stereotypically wrapped up like a weekly ep of CSI. I guess some of that is inevitable though, once everyone finds out about Walt. Ok now wait for the Brock secret expose. Now here comes Walt Jr's epiphany. Now wait for a main character(s) to die. Now time for Todd to off someone else or get offed..

120v

while i agree the flash forwards sort of caused them to write themselves in a corner i love this season. some really gripping shit, and the explosions haven't even went off yet

inm8num2

So what exactly do you want from the finale season? You seem to be sad about them tying up loose ends which is pretty funny to me. People would be angry if they did otherwise

The disappointment and fallout are going to be inevitable. Everyone wants the show to end in a particular way.

The internet is going to be rather interesting in 22 days.

Agreed. These last 4 ep feels like a wrap up fan service kind of thing. I predicted as much before the season began too :(

Which part has been predictable though?

The CSI comment is really strange considering that nothing has been wrapped up at the end of these last 4 episodes, unless I'm missing something?

rekameohs

Banned
Yeah I'd prefer them to throw in a bunch of new shit this season instead of expanding upon existing plot threads and dwelling on character relationships that have been built over several years of development.

It's working great for Dexter.

inm8num2

Yeah I'd prefer them to throw in a bunch of new shit this season instead of expanding upon existing plot threads and dwelling on character relationships that have been built over several years of development.

It's working great for Dexter.

Heh, that fruit is hanging so low, but there's so much of it!

vpance

Which part has been predictable though?

The CSI comment is really strange considering that nothing has been wrapped up at the end of these last 4 episodes, unless I'm missing something?

I just meant as a whole, in wrapping up and tying every character's past action into a future one.

You predicted they'd wrap up conspicuous, dangling story threads at the end of the series. Bravo.

Dangling how? Must every character find out about everything else in their world in before it ends? I simply predicted they would be predictable is all. For example, Hank could've eaten it by the end of the first episode, then everyone moves to Ukraine.

MormaPope

Banned
Dangling how? Must every character find out about everything else in their world in before it ends? I simply predicted they would be predictable is all. For example, Hank could've eaten it by the end of the first episode, then everyone moves to Ukraine.

That sounds like something that would happen in later seasons of Weeds. No thanks.

rekameohs

Banned
For example, Hank could've eaten it by the end of the first episode, then everyone moves to Ukraine.
Ah, I see. Building up the eventual confrontation that will self-destruct a family on a slow burn of five and a half well-crafted seasons, only to abruptly end it and stumble ahead with a new plot would be a good way to open up a final season.

vpance

That sounds like something that would happen in later seasons of Weeds. No thanks.

Ah, I see. Building up the eventual confrontation that will self-destruct a family on a slow burn of five and a half well-crafted seasons, only to abruptly end it and stumble ahead with a new plot would be a good way to open up a final season.

Just a far out example. You make a good point about the first 5.5 seasons though. It was a slow, methodical burn, but rarely if ever was it predictable. The last 4 haven't been like that and unfolded at a breakneck pace.

Anyways, I'm nagging on it too much. The final 4 should break some new territory :)

iammeiam

Did the show ever explain how Jesse was able to launder the $400k he used to buy his parents' house?

I don't think we know that Jesse even bothered to launder the money. He probably hasn't filed income taxes, ever, and generally doesn't seem all that concerned with his long-term legal safety.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I thought the only reason Jesse got away was because he was at the neighbors house.

That was the reason he got away, but why did Krazy 8 even rat out his own cousin? Also, would he not mention Jesse's name when ratting his cousin and (presumably) Jesse? It just seems like the DEA would want their informant to give them names and not nicknames like "Captain Cook."

Of course, I guess Krazy 8 could say that this dealer only went by the name of Captain Cook. I just don't understand what benefit Krazy 8 would get from ratting out his own cousin who was working for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom