• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking News: Yoichi Wada resigns as Square Enix CEO, likely being replaced by CFO

vireland

Can't be anything but positive. SOMETHING has to change at Square Enix to wake them up. They have top to bottom problems acquired over the last decade, like barnacles on a ship.

Akainu

*tear of joy*

UTEE3Ho.gif

Nice. He deserves a lot of credit for saving the company in the early 2000's and for wisely purchasing Eidos but he just didn't seem to have a clue how to actually run a videogame company, which led to some really bad decisions. Realistically, he should've moved on like 8 or so years ago.

Now let's hope his successor has a clue.

rockx4

How bad were the numbers? I have no idea if this is good or bad news, I mean... it's not like he designed their horrible games during the past gen.

Muku

You should expect more iOS.

God I hope not. It's already been depressing to see the way SE has gone. If it continues on this path, then they're as good as dead in my eyes. I want something more than how ever many versions of FF14 they want to do.

EDIT: Mean 13. Though it's funny we are going into version 2.0 with 14, so maybe my brain was playing a cruel joke on me while I was typing that up.

ahm998

Who's next?

Reggi for sure :D

If he didn't announced anything for Wii U this month , Iwata should make him resign before he resign by himself.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Just don't touch Sleepjng Dogs 2... Do whatever you need to, just don't fuck with that.

JJD

I just don't care about Square anymore.

It's a damn shame, I grew up playing their RPGs.

I just hope this and the difficulties they are facing don't affect Eidos.

Top Bottom