• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Wild is the official subtitle for Zelda U/NX, first gameplay trailer

She said the shrines will be much more complicated, those are just the first ones. So maybe it will be like mini dungeons

I get that but from what we've seen these shrines seem to take about 5 minutes to complete. Fairly short and they all look the same design wise.

I'd rather not have 100+ of them if it means having some more fully fledged themed out dungeons.

zeromcd73

The game will be the exact same on Wii U and NX

ooooooof course

Nintendo going to make an incredible game... and compensate by doing nothing else that makes sense

That's our Nintendo
They only said that they weren't adding any extra features which is fine.
The comment came during an E3 presentation after Aonuma was asked if the mysterious new NX will boast any exclusive features for Breath of the Wild, and Aonuma didn’t elaborate or offer any hints about what Nintendo may be planning.
There is still hope for graphical improvements.

Poyunch

Man, they got rid of the Rupee problem with the weapon loot system but boy they didn't really solve the issue. They give you way too many weapons.

Did the WII version of Twilight Princess look any better than the gamecube's version?

The Wii version had a widescreen option. Other than that they looked the same (iirc).

All that's really needed for the NX version is 1080p and some decent AA, and the game will look great. Better draw distance would be nice too.

GRW810

I've just read Link can slide down mountains using his shield. I'm excited beyond belief about this proportionately-minor gameplay mechanic.

bachikarn

The game will be the exact same on Wii U and NX

ooooooof course

Nintendo going to make an incredible game... and compensate by doing nothing else that makes sense

That's our Nintendo

That article didn't say it was 'exactly the same.' Just that it would have the same experience. I imagine there will still at least be some minor graphical upgrades.

What's more interesting to me is that it can be played with the pro-controller. I feel like this implies no touch screen for NX

kizmah

GameXplain must be sweating bullets now. How long is their analysis video gonna be? So much to talk about. So many little details to spot.

E3 2016 is the E3 for bad excuses about why there's no female character options.

Just say marketing. Man up and admit it. It's fine, people will be mad, but at least it's honest.

ffdgh

That's uhh...an interesting place to place that hand.
KuGsj.gif

Bakkus

GameXplain must be sweating bullets now. How long is their analysis video gonna be? So much to talk about. So many little details to spot.

I was thinking the same thing. If they're gonna go through everything in the same vein they have before, it will be countless hours long.

_PsiFire_

NX will most likely only have better image IQ, less/no pop-in, better frame rate and maybe better particle effects.

I doubt much more than that will change.

JTripper

I love that there are no icons clogging the minimap. I don't want to know where the secrets/side-quests are; I want to find them myself.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
So the Shikah slate was the Gamepad and they dropped the mandatory motion controls when it appeared the Wii U was not going to be a massive hit?

Top Bottom