• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brendan James O'Brien, the original voice of Crash Bandicoot voice has passed away on March 23, 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
Brendan James O'Brien, the original voice of Crash Bandicoot voice has passed away according to an article on Legacy (from official Legacy website). He passed away on March 23, 2023 but it looks like news only broke out recently on social media.

Quote from the article:

He laid down his guitar on March 23, 2023. The silence leaves behind deep memories of a life well lived. He touched strangers, friends and family with his love of life, his humor and positive attitude. No words can express how much he is missed. We love you, Brendan.
https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/legacyremembers/brendan-o-brien-obituary?id=51839781

I feel awful for the guy. His voice was responsible for a lot of fun I had as a child. He never really got a chance to keep up with that talent unfortunately, and you can hear that desperation to get back involved with videogames on an interview with a British internet radio host. The host asked him before ending the call, "if you were asked to come back for Crash again, would you?" He replied "I'd do it for free."

Top Bottom