• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BRINK Private Beta (PS3)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I would like in rather badly. Played this at PAX and loved it. We (friend and I) ended up winning by so much the producer told us to ease up or the demo would have been done in 5 min as opposed to 25. :lol

X-Frame

So yeah if any of you elite beta ninjas have a code they don't want to/can't use I'd love to take it off your hands! :D

X-Frame said:
So yeah if any of you elite beta ninjas have a code they don't want to/can't use I'd love to take it off your hands! :D
Ditto. I have nothing of value to offer in return, but this game looks too sicknasty to rule out begging.

BeeDog

I'm mostly curious about how this game is running/looking on the PS3, since the PC version looks amazing, technically speaking. Otherwise I'm not that interested in this game.

Trevelyon

Um, doesn't sound like my cup of tea. Any way, GT5's got a hold of me and I can't background it while playing, so yeah, doubt I'll get to it in any timely fashion, if at all.

First PM cops it.

EDIT: and it's gone.

demolitio

I seem to be missing out on a lot of betas lately. :lol

I swaer, I better not have to sit on ugo.com for 10 hours trying to get a beta key so I'm actually hoping they don't have any keys for my sake.

blazinglazers said:
oh read that, I'm still hoping for some brave souls to tease us or take one for the team.
I'm hyped for this game, maybe my most wanted next year.
The magazines and leaktaku et al will probably run previews, I'd guess so anyone. We've been on Brink info blackout since E3, time for some news.

thelastword

Banned
Can anyone can give an update as to the resolution and AA levels. When I first saw this game it was really impressive. The dev spoke about a high IQ with 4XAA on both systems, since then, the footage I've seen on the PS3 indicates that they have scaled it down quite a bit from that target. Latest footage seems subhd with many jaggies to me. Can anybody confirm?

Kholdstare

Nothing in mail. I'm a sad red panda... :(

xW4nt.jpg

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
This is one of the beta's that i would like to be apart of.

I hope they do more beta periods in the future.

derFeef

Are you kidding me? Brink Beta? How do I get in? Does it help to create a PSN account before my PS3 arrives? goddamn :lol

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I would say relax to the people who don't get in, it's quite probable that it's going to be very rough around the edges and that this is a beta in it's proper term and not a marketing "demo beta" tool to get people excited.

I am happy to wait until they feel it's polished and it's enjoyable. Look at what happened to the KZ3 alpha, it was a proper alpha and people ripped it to shreds.

IMO public betas are a mistake unless they are very polished and near release (like the Halo "beta") which is more of a demo than a beta. I don't want my excitement for this game spoiled by gameplay bugs and lack of visual polish (framerate, texture problems etc.) that are very likely to be in a smallish beta like this.

Of course I could be wrong and this is a very highly polished beta that is more akin to a demo but all the signs are pointing to that it's a proper beta where you are expected to find problems and report them, not rag on it on forums and say it's a shit game because it's in development (again, referring to what happened to KZ3).

Thunderbear said:
I would say relax to the people who don't get in, it's quite probable that it's going to be very rough around the edges and that this is a beta in it's proper term and not a marketing "demo beta" tool to get people excited.

I wouldn't care about the polish level as i've wanted to play it ever since I heard the comparisons to Mirror's Edge as far as its movement system goes. This is one of my most anticipated games for 2011.

Top Bottom