• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Let it out bro.
Better out and than in, I always say. :p

I'm an expert at letting it out, but after a while the words just morph into a high pitched whine :p eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Trying to stay away from the comics thread today since I spent all afternoon upsetting people yesterday.

Ashes

Banned
I'm an expert at letting it out, but after a while the words just morph into a high pitched whine :p eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Trying to stay away from the comics thread today since I spent all afternoon upsetting people yesterday.

Your comic is bad. And you should feel BAD.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Your comic is bad. And you should feel BAD.

meh, those people don't even have the strength of their convictions to defend their shitty books. Lets all hold hands and talk about statues and how great Future's End is NO

IMO Comics are one of the last things left where you can call someone out for being wrong and have a good ol nerdfight

SmokyDave

OT can be good if you're able to sift through the glut of moral outrage that sometimes makes the place seem like an inside-out Daily Mail.
Succinct and accurate.

I like the OT, but sometimes you need to pull your head out and taste the sweet, sweet air of real life. 'Inside-out Daily Mail' indeed.

Anyone get grouchy if they haven't had a coffee for a while?

Nah I gave up drinking coffee during the week and never felt better.

Jed every month I try keeping up with that thread and every month I fail. It's primarily just for the weeklies which I don't read. I'd like maybe a graphic novel OT.

Bloody hell I've missed birthdays :(

Happy birthday for 2 days ago Kentpaul!

Happy birthday for yesterday phisheep!

Hope you guys had awesome birthdays and got everything you wished for.

And sorry, I'll try and do better.

Happy birthday for today SovanJedi!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Jed every month I try keeping up with that thread and every month I fail. It's primarily just for the weeklies which I don't read. I'd like maybe a graphic novel OT.

Yeah unless you're a hypernerd keeping up with it is a bit pointless, it's mostly in-jokes and petty sniping anyway. And lots of talk about statues.

NinjaBoiX

Les Pretend > X-Men
Everyone knows that Calamity James is the king. I mean, just look at this magnificent bastard:

KBiGr25.jpg

Aww, bless.
Yeah unless you're a hypernerd keeping up with it is a bit pointless, it's mostly in-jokes and petty sniping anyway. And lots of talk about statues.
PENFeNp.jpg

:p

8bit

Knows the Score
meh, those people don't even have the strength of their convictions to defend their shitty books. Lets all hold hands and talk about statues and how great Future's End is NO

IMO Comics are one of the last things left where you can call someone out for being wrong and have a good ol nerdfight

I've been reading Future's End and the tie-ins but it's largely bewildering nonsense. I assume it's selling well in the target demographic of low attention spanned teens. What's the point in rebuilding the Post-Crisis Pre-52 universe if it's still going to be written badly?

Anyway, I think I'm finally out after Multiversity although I am kind of interested to note it ends about the same time as World's End & Future's End and that Batman one.

At best that thread is a circle jerk (present company excepted). I only dip now in to see what's out any given week.There's not much point in trying to converse over the chatter.

This thread was promising but petered out unfortunately.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852991

Are we on to Beano characters? Awesome. I was granted livelong honorary membership of the Beano Club or something. I need to find my membership card proving it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I've been reading Future's End and the tie-ins but it's largely bewildering nonsense. I assume it's selling well in the target demographic of low attention spanned teens. What's the point in rebuilding the Post-Crisis Pre-52 universe if it's still going to be written badly?

Anyway, I think I'm finally out after Multiversity although I am kind of interested to note it ends about the same time as World's End & Future's End and that Batman one.

At best that thread is a circle jerk (present company excepted). I only dip now in to see what's out any given week.There's not much point in trying to converse over the chatter.

This thread was promising but petered out unfortunately.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852991

As I said yesterday, my primary enjoyment of Future's End comes from just how bad it is and gleefully shitting all over it in that thread. It's just awful nonsense. And I'd totally be lying if I said that upsetting the DC fans isn't really fun at this point.

Multiversity is very exciting to me indeed too, especially after that last issue, I was blown away by it. And it's just nice to have Morrison back for a little while.

The problem with talking about good comics is that there isn't much to say beyond "It's good". Whereas you can easily blow a thousand words picking something terrible apart.

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/fash-mob/files/2012/10/Gnasher-badge.jpeg

You're talking the Dennis the Menace fan club there my friend. I'm going from the Beano Club as in from the late 90s when they hit a big anniversary. Got all the yearly gifts, the bag, wallet, t-shirt...

8bit

Knows the Score
You're talking the Dennis the Menace fan club there my friend. I'm going from the Beano Club as in from the late 90s when they hit a big anniversary. Got all the yearly gifts, the bag, wallet, t-shirt...

Oh, I never knew about that, just assumed it was the Dennis fan club you meant.

SKINNER!

Banned
Yass Cheezmo! Good stuff bruv ;)

Dapper: your interview sounds pretty positive man and so long as you showed that you know what you're doing/saying then it should all be ok :) Good luck dude. You clearly deserve.

Show Me Your Skeleton, your music is really good..like seriously! If I were you I'd try to reach out to as many studios as you can and just show them your music. I'm sure there's bound to be some indie studios that'll pay you to do something you love :)

and Happy Birthday screaming meat.

Koriandrr

CHEEZMO™;131589173 said:
Actually got through to the formal interview tomorrow
rXhka.png

Good luck! Don't forget - you're awesome.

Happy Birthday guys!

P.S.: See ya at EGX!

jimbor

Banned
Man, today is... a challenge. Getting back into the groove of not having much to do in the office for a few weeks and it's doing my head in - just an endless cycle of checking emails, f5ing GAF, arguing about pointless shit, checking emails, maybe write an email if I get something to do. Gahhh. It's dangerous because I inevitably get frustrated and go on a posting spree that'll end in a ban because I get too excited.

I really should do something more productive like writing or something but this is some weird counter-productive fog I have at times like this, I end up doing nothing.

GAF is frustrating the shit out of me lately too, seems like OT is just threads about feminism or racist police or something, interesting for a little bit but ultimately very depressing.

Still super bummed I can't come and hang out with you lot at the weekend too.

I should learn to meditate at my desk or something.

tl:dr wahhhh wahhhhh gimme dummy

Gaf is shit and so is your breath. Nothing new here.

Volotaire

EGX was fun but tiring! i'll have some impressions of the games I have later. Games I wish I could have seen, even with trying to avoid AAA games, was Sunset Overdrive and The Order 1886. Perhaps FC4 as well.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
CHEEZMO™;131678720 said:
Am I the only one who thinks The Order looks staggeringly dull?
I feel the same about this and Sunset Overdrive. At least SO is visually appealing.

Volotaire

Speaking of SO, I saw Ted Pryce two times around the showfloor. I underestimated EGX's significance. I saw some Gamespot UK guys as well, and I think a person from ONM from when I read it as a kid. It was pretty cool being surrounded by some well known videogame industry people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom