• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Shit Sah 2.0 got jokes! Also Ninj & Musha doing god's work.
Hi, BritGAF. It's been a while, hope you're all well.

Question, has anyone ever got a parcel shipped from The Netherlands?

I been expecting it for just over two weeks now, would it normally be so slow?
We missed you Super Sah, will you stay now that Afoni is gone?

Skele7on

Banned
dear guys,

Do I go out and buy a 3ds with smash brothers?

Also damn lunchtime was fun, 3 beers and some ramen,

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

If I do go in and buy one I will feel like Jez drunk shopping in peep show.

I was shocked at a recent meet when it appears I have seen more anime than him. My world collapsed.

I'm very selective with anime, some of it I absolutely cannot stand.

But anime was kind of ruined for me when I watched Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

That series...there's nothing else quite like it. It suffers from almost none of the things that gross me out about anime; the animation is slightly dated, but modest and subdued: no oversized, wobbling anime eyes on humans, who've actually been drawn with noses. It's largely free of inane waifu shite the cutesy/kawaii crap and avoids most of the tropes anime is notorious for. It's slow and a little ponderous space opera but says a lot of important things. Approaches the democracy vs empire thing from a very netural basis. Has some fantastic characters that you get attached to over 100+ episodes, reminded me a little of Band of Brothers with it's strong supporting cast. Would reccomend to anyone, regardless of whether or not they like anime.

An example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78juY_OcxrI

/over enthusiasm

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Queen's Wrath 3 times, leegendary vest 3 times. Fuck you, Destiny.

Hahahahaha

Ahahahahahahahahaha

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Edit

By the way we should totally do a britgaf raid. I think it will be hilarious. we could have you, me, skeleton , daps and Michael ironside.

jimbor

Banned
Hahahahaha

Ahahahahahahahahaha

Edit

By the way we should totally do a britgaf raid. I think it will be hilarious. we could have you, me, skeleton , daps and Michael ironside.

Definitely up for that, would require some handholding as I suck.

Mikeside

Hahahahaha

Ahahahahahahahahaha

Edit

I'm free all weekend for this, but I'm way low level still so you're gonna have to help me grind up

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
destiny: become legend (please? just don't turn into a fucking uncommon)

i know they fixed the loot crap but it should never have been a problem in the first place.

RNG loot is pure troll. it's all about faction ranks! You end up with so much legendary stuff it's crazy because you get the RNG on top of it.

PS XBOT NOOB LOL SONY 4 EVA 1000 KEMS

Definitely up for that, would require some handholding as I suck.

I'm free all weekend for this, but I'm way low level still so you're gonna have to help me grind up

I can definitely do this!

You need to be at least level 26 and probably level 28. If you're a way off its not something you can do in a day (scarce resources that you need to build up over a couple of weeks). Grindy grind grindiness.

RNG loot is pure troll. it's all about faction ranks! You end up with so much legendary stuff it's crazy because you get the RNG on top.

i don't even know what faction ranks are our how you level them up because the game utterly fails at explaining some of its systems or tying any form of narrative to draw you in. something to do with arm bands?

There's a show on Channel 4 where people can get stars do do what you want with them for charity. Went online to see who is still available. I don't want to be the person going through the requests of what people want Pixie Lott to do for them.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
QBe44No.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
i don't even know what faction ranks are our how you level them up because the game utterly fails at explaining some of its systems or tying any form of narrative to draw you in. something to do with arm bands?

Yup. You need to figure out or hang around in the OT for max rewards.

Hovering the cursor over anything with text also helps.

So there are two basic factions. Vanguard and crucible. If you are rank 2 with either of them, you can buy legendary armour with either vanguard or crucible marks (as appropriate). If you are rank 3, you can buy legendary weapons. When you hit rank 3, they will give you a legendary item free.

You gain vanguard rank by doing patrol missions, vanguard playlists and the dailies / weeklies. You also get vanguard marks for playlists, public events and the dailies / weeklies. The harder the difficulty, the more you get.

You gain crucible rank by playing crucible matches. You get more if your team wins. You get crucible marks the same way.

The quickest way to rep up is by doing bounties.

There are three other factions. New Monarchy, Dead Orbit and Future War Cult. Each work in the same way. You need rep to get through the door and then you need crucible marks to buy things.

If you wear their 'mark' (via a bond or a cloak or whatever) then all rep goes to them. So potentially you could divert all crucible and vanguard rep to one of them and rep up quicker at the cost of the others.

Best thing to do is see what each of the people in the tower have and decide how you want your character to be and then go from there. My warlock is all about super super mega speed so I just have an auto rifle and everything is set around speeding up reload time and letting me spam grenades.

It's a pretty good system imo. Thing is it takes a while to 'break through' but once you start getting legendaries it just gets quicker and quicker and you end up with all the nice things. I have about 5 exotics now and maybe 9 or 10 legendaries. I've also been off work for the past three weeks though 😄

I am a complete Destiny sad sack.

jimbor

Banned
RNG loot is pure troll. it's all about faction ranks! You end up with so much legendary stuff it's crazy because you get the RNG on top of it.

PS XBOT NOOB LOL SONY 4 EVA 1000 KEMS

I can definitely do this!

You need to be at least level 26 and probably level 28. If you're a way off its not something you can do in a day (scarce resources that you need to build up over a couple of weeks). Grindy grind grindiness.

I'm hhalfway through lvl 24. Hard to level up post twenty!

Hystzen

Shadows of Mordor is legit fun

Had a douche Orc called Akazor the talker who kept been a bitch and shooting me in the back with his crossbow while bad mouthing me.

After 5th death to him his intro was him saying he pretty much loves me and loves my company...quickly beheaded him during the ambush

Goodbye my love

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Shadows of Mordor is legit fun

Had a douche Orc called Akazor the talker who kept been a bitch and shooting me in the back with his crossbow while bad mouthing me.

After 5th death to him his intro was him saying he pretty much loves me and loves my company...quickly beheaded him during the ambush

Goodbye my love
If only you ever came across Kaka the Wrestler.

Milchjon

Soo...

We were out partying, and before 2:30 the club kicked everyone out. What's up with that?

In general it feels like the UK does everything at least 2h early than Germany. We'd start pregaming at 8, go to a club at 12 and go home at 5. UK seems to be more like 6, 10 and 3, respectively.

Also, daaaaaamn at how slutty your girls dress. It's fucking 10 degrees Celsius outside...

Milchjon

Oh, I should also mention how much I enjoyed meeting a real Geordie girl (flatmate of a friend). Couldn't stop laughing, amazing woman. Could listen to her talking forever.

NinjaBoiX

Soo...

We were out partying, and before 2:30 the club kicked everyone out. What's up with that?

In general it feels like the UK does everything at least 2h early than Germany. We'd start pregaming at 8, go to a club at 12 and go home at 5. UK seems to be more like 6, 10 and 3, respectively.

Also, daaaaaamn at how slutty your girls dress. It's fucking 10 degrees Celsius outside...
"Look here comes a Ford Mondeo
Isn't he Mister Inconspicuous?
And he don't even have to say 'owt
She's in the stands ready to get picked up

Bet she's delighted when she sees him
Pulling in and giving her the eye
Because she must be fucking freezing
Scantily clad beneath the clear night sky
They're tough stuff in the winter"

- When The Sun Goes Down - Arctic Monkeys

Glad you're enjoying dude, lap it up!

jimbor

Banned
Soo...

If you want to do clubbing at a more laid back pace, London does that.

Hi, BritGAF. It's been a while, hope you're all well.

Question, has anyone ever got a parcel shipped from The Netherlands?

I been expecting it for just over two weeks now, would it normally be so slow?

I used to live in Amsterdam and my family would send me packages from the UK. Would usually take a week for something <shoebox sized to arrive. The big problem is that the Dutch postal service is run by TNT and they often 'lose' packages. I had at least 3 stolen when I lived there. Make sure it is sent recorded with a tracking number.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's weird to play Xenoblade and watch Doctor Who together what with Coleman being in both.

There's a show on Channel 4 where people can get stars do do what you want with them for charity. Went online to see who is still available. I don't want to be the person going through the requests of what people want Pixie Lott to do for them.
Finally I can play Wii U with someone!

Aren't you that guy in love with a dead platform ironically named "Life" in Latin? /jk
People joke about the name, but people must remember than 4 in Japanese sounds like Death. Basically Sony is in a life or death situation and they chose the later which unfortunately mean the death for the former.

I was shocked at a recent meet when it appears I have seen more anime than him. My world collapsed.
You've probably seen more quality shows than me, but according to my count I've seen 198 shows. Yikes!

RiggyRob

It's weird to play Xenoblade and watch Doctor Who together what with Coleman being in both.

She is? Damn, I didn't know that. That might convince my GF to join me more when I'm playing it, but there's no way that's gonna happen with the Hyrule Warriors binge we're on right now.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
N'YE-HA-HA! I see BG has come for a vain attempt to reclaim his status as the true GAF King. You shall never return to your prior status, as you see, my avatar has the crown.

NinjaBoiX

CHEEZMO™;132865340 said:
Yo Ninj, would it be okay to bring the boyf along? Provided he's up to it ofc.
Of course fella, more the merrier!

I was going to text you actually, I'm meeting sploat and the lady about 3pm. The bro is meeting us after work about 5 and we'll go grab a bite somewhere. Get in touch with one of us when you guys are in town and I'll let you know where we are.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Of course fella, more the merrier!

I was going to text you actually, I'm meeting sploat and the lady about 3pm. The bro is meeting us after work about 5 and we'll go grab a bite somewhere. Get in touch with one of us when you guys are in town and I'll let you know where we are.

I could be in Manc for 3 if you like

openrob

Just thought I would let people know that I am off to bed after spending 10 hours listening to 15,000 screaming 12 year old girls (events work). It was the Girl Guides national event with a bunch of crappy acts that 12 year old girls like, mostly Britains Got Talent byproducts. (Although Diversity was there and I kinda like them)

Actually not a bad shift. Grabbed a curry and hitting the hay!

And I did not know this!!

Nerdkiller

Membeur
My condolences. Honestly one of the shittest films I've seen in my life.
giphy.gif

Give me several reasons why. Because this is hardly The Amazing Spiderman we're talking about. This is about a man who is just a sick, depraved, immoral human being who is willing to put the people who are close to him in danger in order to get just a little more moolah, but I feel that in the future, this movie will end up being Scarface for American libertarians, in that it'll be misinterpreted by a certain type of person who see's the protagonist's rise to power but never really notice's what the end result of what having all that power will end you up with.

But no...is this what you're gonna say about this movie? Because I don't think you've seen enough movies in your life.

TCRS

Banned
watching escape to the country. one day I'm going to buy a house in hampshire or wilthisre. I just love the english countryside.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Don't waste your money on that Dracula film Musha, it sounds thoroughly insipid.

I really want to see Gone Girl.

It's brilliant. We saw it yesterday. It's a perfect mix between really unpleasant thriller and black black black comedy.

8bit...I picked up Futuridium. It is BRUTAL. It's addictive and unforgiving. Really unforgiving. "NO MEDALS FOR YOU"

NinjaBoiX

It's brilliant. We saw it yesterday. It's a perfect mix between really unpleasant thriller and black black black comedy.
Yeah, I saw that on FB.

it's Fincher man, I'm intrigued from the outset regardless. Well that, and the reviews have been absolutely glowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom