• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

The_Poet

Banned
Well, I've had a smoke, re-read this page, and I'm still not moving past 'woah'.

I wish I could be arsed to scroll back through 400 pages of Whatsapp to see what went down.

Jimbor pretty much covered it.

Cy thought Jeds pre-pubescent abusive past was "pretty hot".

8bit

Knows the Score
How did Jed get caught out as an alt then? I just assumed the ban was for posting in that Japan thread.

Anyway, is CyStrike permabanned too?

How did Jed get caught out as an alt then? I just assumed the ban was for posting in that Japan thread.

I think CyStrike asked for a ban; at the same time as Sploatee if I remember correctly. It had all kicked off a bit at that time.

Not sure for how long.

We think they wanted to ban him cos of the peado thread and just looked a little more closely at his ip. He didn't exactly try and hide it very well.

Others think his posting was too similar to Jed's but apart from Whatsapp peeps in the know, none of you lot figured it out so I don't think it's that.

Mikeside

I do like to try.

fdUmjCk.jpg

It's kinda funny how now that they've been banned everyone is happy to talk about them behind their back, even if they can see the thread or not.

What a strange, bitchy way of doing it.
eh, i think i called him/her a tool or joke earlier. either way yolo. or should that be yoLOL!

edit: ah as a victim of abuse i feel i should be a hell of a lot easier on him. shan't delete what i said for transparency.

Skele7on

Banned
What should I start watching next:

The Unit
Justified

Neither of them are that appealing to me but I have decided to give one of them a go.

We have just finished The Sopranos (yes very late to the party) and I have bugger-all to watch; I really should stop binging on programmes. It just seems like there so many episodes to watch but you soon plough through them.

Reknoc

I imagine mods are mostly aware of alts but don't bother to do anything about it unless they step out of line. I mean, some alts are pretty obvious.

The Unit
Justified

Neither of them are that appealing to me but I have decided to give one of them a go.

We have just finished The Sopranos (yes very late to the party) and I have bugger-all to watch; I really should stop binging on programmes. It just seems like there so many episodes to watch but you soon plough through them.

correct answer: peaky blinders.

Mikeside

Morning, hope you've had a coffee, shit got real pretty quickly this morning.

I see a secret illuminati of britGAF emerges.

Oh lord. I somewhat, bet that's a conversation that's a ray of sunshine.

did Cy ever go to a meet up... Bet that would have been interesting.

He did but it really wasn't that interesting.

The britgaf illuminati have never been very secret

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Cripes.

My thoughts -

Jed you bugger you were close to coming back?!?!!!! You're one of my favourite dudes and now you're banned?! This makes me actually sad. Who outed him??? Did someone do this?

Also, it's heartbreaking to hear what happened to him. This thread is too much sometimes

All in all that's really crap. I was hoping he'd come back soon. Sending out very best to him where ever he is. I might have to come back to whatsapp in a few months.

The Unit
Justified

If you've not watched True Detective give that a whirl. I'm watching it at the moment, very good. I wish I had it subtitled though, Louisiana accents coupled with Matthew Mcconaughey's mumbling make me strain towards the TV like an old person.

What is that on? We don't have Amazon Prime just Netflix and Sky Box Sets.

I wish I hadn't deleted The Sopranos as I watched each episode (Sky box set downloads) as it is something I could easily start over again.
ah it is a bbc thingy, so probably not on either. super short at just two series of six episodes though. iplayer might have them still? maybe?

otherwise try house of cards, mad men or aforementioned true detectives.

If you've not watched True Detective give that a whirl. I'm watching it at the moment, very good. I wish I had it subtitled though, Louisiana accents coupled with Matthew Mcconaughey's mumbling make me strain towards the TV like an old person.

Seen True Detective but I will download it as it is on Sky again. I too suffered from the problems you mentioned and a lot went past me. A second viewing will help.

The_Poet

Banned

I never thought I could sit and watch a dude smoke cigarettes for 20+ minutes at a time without the camera moving, but that show made me realise I can.

jimbor

Banned
Cripes.

My thoughts -

Jed you bugger you were close to coming back?!?!!!! You're one of my favourite dudes and now you're banned?! This makes me actually sad. Who outed him??? Did someone do this?

Also, it's heartbreaking to hear what happened to him. This thread is too much sometimes

All in all that's really crap. I was hoping he'd come back soon. Sending out very best to him where ever he is. I might have to come back to whatsapp in a few months.

I think the mods were looking for a reason to ban him in the paedo thread but didn't really want to just ban him for being anti-paedo. The alt was an easy way out.

The irony is that he was banned for suggesting that kkk members might be more than two dimensional monsters yet when he suggests paedophiles are monsters, ban!

This place is crazy sometimes. *shrugs*

Skele7on

Banned
Already on the wine.

No really.

I would be too, damn work....

He did but it really wasn't that interesting.

The britgaf illuminati have never been very secret

Haha, how do I sign up to this "group"

I finished watching The Missing yesterday, it was so great, but the last episode ruined it. the ending was typical cop out and just a "Oh lawd we have so many loose ends"

I would recommend justified, it's awesome!

SmokyDave

The irony is that he was banned for suggesting that kkk members might be more than two dimensional monsters yet when he suggests paedophiles are monsters, ban!

Fuck me, I'd forgotten about that.

Sigh. Forum politics.

ah it is a bbc thingy, so probably not on either. super short at just two series of six episodes though. iplayer might have them still? maybe?

otherwise try house of cards, mad men or aforementioned true detectives.

I have watched a lot of programmes so that was the reason for the two programmes I listed.

Been through:

The Sopranos
Breaking Bad
The Shield
The Wire
True Detective
Mad Men
House of Cards
The Killing
Started Lilyhammer before Christmas and need to get back to that.

Probably more that I can't remember.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I think the mods were looking for a reason to ban him in the paedo thread but didn't really want to just ban him for being anti-paedo. The alt was an easy way out.

I actually let out a big sigh after reading your post.

-

Umm. So with my day off so far I have picked up some new glasses, been to an exhibition which was thoroughly upsetting and now home to watch a surrealist film. I'm quite interested in surrealism again at the moment. I read the manifesto while waiting for my blood test this morning. The nurse was one of the most beautiful men I've ever seen. Our tiny hamsters are hilarious and our fat guinea pigs are still smelly, lazy and loveable. Gears of War seems pretty chunky and fun. I'm only an hour into Bioshock and it's already given me goosebumps so I hope it can sustain it. E has a new drug which hasn't started working yet but fingers crossed. And omg my dad actually spoke to me this morning. There you go. /blogpost because I don't watch TV shows.

How about this Sunday for the podcast? Who is free for an hour?

I just started watching Supernatural, 3 eps in and liking it so far.

Nothing to do with the fact that Jensen Ackles is easy on the eyes. At all.

I actually let out a big sigh after reading your post.

-

Umm. So with my day off so far I have picked up some new glasses, been to an exhibition which was thoroughly upsetting and now home to watch a surrealist film. I'm quite interested in surrealism again at the moment. I read the manifesto while waiting for my blood test this morning. The nurse was one of the most beautiful men I've ever seen. Our tiny hamsters are hilarious and our fat guinea pigs are still smelly, lazy and loveable. Gears of War seems pretty chunky and fun. I'm only an hour into Bioshock and it's already given me goosebumps so I hope it can sustain it. E has a new drug which hasn't started working yet but fingers crossed. And omg my dad actually spoke to me this morning. There you go. /blogpost because I don't watch TV shows.

How about this Sunday for the podcast? Who is free for an hour?

What are your hamsters names?

I had a dear hamster called Trixy but we sadly lost her last year to an unknown illness. She started getting shaky almost every other day and then succumbed to the illness. I didn't know her age as we rescued her and had no details.

They are so funny; Buy them an exercise ball so you can then have them running around the floor!

It sounds like you have done a fair bit today; a new year and all that...

My New Year's resolutions have been going quite well but the major one is the dispute I have been having with the mortgage company since October. It has been an utter nightmare so it better resolve itself early into the year or I am going to end up being locked into a padded room.

I have watched a lot of programmes so that was the reason for the two programmes I listed.

Been through:

The Sopranos
Breaking Bad
The Shield
The Wire
True Detective
Mad Men
House of Cards
The Killing
Started Lilyhammer before Christmas and need to get back to that.

Probably more that I can't remember.

Have you watched The Returned?

French series that went out on Channel 4 a while back, very good.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
What are your hamsters names?

I had a dear hamster called Trixy but we sadly lost her last year to an unknown illness. She started getting shaky almost every other day and then succumbed to the illness. I didn't know her age as we rescued her and had no details.

They are so funny; Buy them an exercise ball so you can then have them running around the floor!

It sounds like you have done a fair bit today; a new year and all that...

My New Year's resolutions have been going quite well but the major one is the dispute I have been having with the mortgage company since October. It has been an utter nightmare so it better resolve itself early into the year or I am going to end up being locked into a padded room.

Aww. That's sad to hear. They're roborovski dwarves so absolutely tiny and completely insane. They run about 100 miles a night and they're the fastest, most fearless things I've ever seen. They are Big Dave and Boots (or Bootsy as I call him). We've got two tiny balls for them but they're still getting used to us not wanting to kill them (not that they'd be scared of us).

Yeah. I made some fairly heavy 'spiritual / hippy' resolutions. So far so good. Slowing down and being in control of consciousness is the main thing. Very heavy stuff which is very easy to take the p out of!

Gah, what happened with the mortgage?

Aww. That's sad to hear. They're roborovski dwarves so absolutely tiny and completely insane. They run about 100 miles a night and they're the fastest, most fearless things I've ever seen. They are Big Dave and Boots (or Bootsy as I call him). We've got two tiny balls for them but they're still getting used to us not wanting to kill them (not that they'd be scared of us).

Yeah. I made some fairly heavy 'spiritual / hippy' resolutions. So far so good. Slowing down and being in control of consciousness is the main thing. Very heavy stuff which is very easy to take the p out of!

Gah, what happened with the mortgage?

I had to search what a roborovski hamster looked like. Very cute indeed.

Hamsters are nuts and such characters. I am sure they will get used to the new life and settle in.

As for the mortgage: where to start. I was misinformed at the time of signing up the mortgage and the mortgage company will not accept responsibility. In short it has stopped us from being able to drop the term length down as we originally stated we wanted to do.

It is like an invisible 200lb weight on my shoulders and has been for 3 months. And the worst thing is that it isn't in my control. New Years resolutions are good for things you can control but when you are in the hands of other people...

...well it is a fucking nightmare.

StayDead

Roundabout was Jed, dickfaces. He's perma'd now for being an alt. At least he went down fighting the good paedo fight, outing that paedo Cyanide Strike along the way. I'm sure Jed won't mind me mentioning that he was sexually abused as a child and he tapped into his lost youthful innocence for Roundabout. Cy detected that something was not quite right (vulnerable) with roundabout, pmed him Jed shared some of his abused past to which Cy let him know how turned on he was and pushed for more details.

Wooah what the fuck.

Skele7on

Banned
Oh I forgot to ask, any of you cat owners?

If so what catflap do you use?

petsafe staywell is quite literally the biggest POS ever.

Mine have started using it and I swear they're Houdini

Last night they managed to break out at 2am, luckily I was up and caught them, found them in a bush petrified by a fox.

GG cats, GG.

I ended up having to put the washing basket and scratching post infront of the cat flap to jam it shut, if there was a fire last night, pretty sure I'd be dead.

Top Bottom