• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

The_Poet

Banned
Far Cry 4's online multiplayer is surprisingly fun for a feature so clearly tacked on last minute.

Some friends and I have had a lot of laughs with it the last few nights. The asymmetric nature of the 2 sides mean theres a completely different play style every time you swap.

Son Of D

So uhh, now that that is in the open I'll just shake my head and express my disgust at the whole Cy thing.

On a different note, I downloaded Castlevania SotN on PSN. Never actually played a Castlevania game before.

Hystzen

I just started watching Supernatural, 3 eps in and liking it so far.

Nothing to do with the fact that Jensen Ackles is easy on the eyes. At all.

tumblr_nhnwr46Y3B1tv1wboo2_400.gif

Just type dean supernatural gif in Google images and waste hours looking at them all.

Even as straight guy Dean>>>> weird sideburns Sam

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I had to search what a roborovski hamster looked like. Very cute indeed.

Hamsters are nuts and such characters. I am sure they will get used to the new life and settle in.

As for the mortgage: where to start. I was misinformed at the time of signing up the mortgage and the mortgage company will not accept responsibility. In short it has stopped us from being able to drop the term length down as we originally stated we wanted to do.

It is like an invisible 200lb weight on my shoulders and has been for 3 months. And the worst thing is that it isn't in my control. New Years resolutions are good for things you can control but when you are in the hands of other people...

...well it is a fucking nightmare.

You have my sympathy. It's bad enough having to deal with estate agents / property when you rent.

--

artsnobs - I have to recommend L'Age D'Or. While it lacks the short, sharp hit of Un Chien Andalou, it has a killer sting in its tail. In order - you have documentary footage of scorpions, a decrepit militia preparing for the "Majorcans", a doomed romance between the "Special Delegate for the International Goodwill Committee" who likes to kick dogs and push blind men over and a lady who laughs when her mother is slapped in the face which reaches a melodramatic peak and then - boom - Jesus Christ revealed to be a serial killing paedophile and gives us a crucifix covered in female scalps. Not bad for 1930.

If Bunuel was alive today, he'd probably be banned from GAF too. :p

Also, to share - if that's a bit too obvious for you (yah yah, everybody knows those two), Ubu has a good archive of other surrealist film - some stuff from Man Ray, Duchamp and this one from Rene Clair:

http://ubu.com/film/clair_entracte.html

Finally, while I disappear completely up l'anus, here's a music for you (Screaming Meat / 8bit / other fans of wobbly music - you might like! I only found out about this dude because he was no.2 album of the year in the Wire and oh blimey is it good)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQVlNt6DAxY

If you have Spotify or can find a way, the second track on the album ("Nothing Important") is :eek:.

Far Cry 4's online multiplayer is surprisingly fun for a feature so clearly tacked on last minute.

Some friends and I have had a lot of laughs with it the last few nights. The asymmetric nature of the 2 sides mean theres a completely different play style every time you swap.

I wanted to give co-op on that a go last night (someone from the FC4 community thread added me), but I got a message saying I had to get a Uplay account.

I never got one for other games, like Black Flag et al, just because I feel like I've got enough accounts already. But it would suck if I was missing out something genuinely fun due to obstinately sticking to some misguided 'principle' or something :-/

The_Poet

Banned
I wanted to give co-op on that a go last night (someone from the FC4 community thread added me), but I got a message saying I had to get a Uplay account.

I never got one for other games, like Black Flag et al, just because I feel like I've got enough accounts already. But it would suck if I was missing out something genuinely fun due to obstinately sticking to some misguided 'principle' or something :-/

Uplay isn't that bad really. I think people are just more aggrieved at not having all their games in one place.

I haven't tried the co-op myself, just the 5v5 multiplayer. I hear the co-op is really good though. its the entire world minus the main story quests. So all side quests, outposts and fortresses are there, cant wait to give it a go over the weekend

SteveWD40

Last few pages...yikes.

Some serious shit up in here.

He Ninj, are we still bro's? you still work at Atlas? we should totes meet for a drink.

Uplay isn't that bad really. I think people are just more aggrieved at not having all their games in one place

It is shit compared to Steam and Origin though, lost saves and all that. The fact Ubi vilify PC gamers as a whole doesn't help. I will fold if Ubi publish Rainbow Six Siege or The Division via Uplay however, fold like a TM Lewin shirt.

The_Poet

Banned
Last few pages...yikes.

Some serious shit up in here.

He Ninj, are we still bro's? you still work at Atlas? we should totes meet for a drink.

It is shit compared to Steam and Origin though, lost saves and all that. The fact Ubi vilify PC gamers as a whole doesn't help. I will fold if Ubi publish Rainbow Six Siege or The Division via Uplay however, fold like a TM Lewin shirt.

I agree that its needless and not as good. But its not so large a hurdle / inconvenience that it should stop you from playing a fun game.

NinjaBoiX

Listening to Mezzanine for the first time in actual years. This record really is a sexy, brooding, menacing masterpiece, fuck.

Massive Attack - Dissolved Girl

"Fake, made to fake,
Passion's overrated anyway,
Say, say my name,
Need a little love to ease the pain,"

- Love it, glorious.

Yes bro! Well up for that, we'll try and get the BritGAF Manc Massive together for a mini meet, we're quite the collective nowadays.

I'm at work all this weekend and back in Sunderland seeing the little lady next weekend, my parents are up the weekend after that, then the bird is up for my birthday at the end of the month. Maybe then? I'll get my people to talk to your people and all that jazz.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Speaking of meets, do the London / South posse fancy a February weekend meet? E and I are thinking of visiting chums darn sarf. Fancy an evening out at all?

Danj

Speaking of meets, do the London / South posse fancy a February weekend meet? E and I are thinking of visiting chums darn sarf. Fancy an evening out at all?

I thought the next London meetup was in March? That's what I had on my calendar & budget at any rate...

SteveWD40

Yes bro! Well up for that, we'll try and get the BritGAF Manc Massive together for a mini meet, we're quite the collective nowadays.

I'm at work all this weekend and back in Sunderland seeing the little lady next weekend, my parents are up the weekend after that, then the bird is up for my birthday at the end of the month. Maybe then? I'll get my people to talk to your people and all that jazz.

Cool, think I am about then.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I thought the next London meetup was in March? That's what I had on my calendar & budget at any rate...

Doesn't have to be a Meet , more a do you fancy going to a pub and getting steaming drunk and talking rubbish.

I might be free. Depends really on what weekend you were coming down.

Whenever really, I posted really just to find out if there were enough people and when would be best. Would be good to see you, mind.

The only entrance qualification is that you fill out the survey. We are excited to learn about your biscuit preferences.

Fair enough.

Where do you come from? The Wirral
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? Student.
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? Get a nice flat and a decent job and a girlfriend.
Favourite daytime TV show? Jeremy kyle.
Fish or chips? Chips. You get more of them.
Daddy or chips? Chips.
What's your tipple of choice? Tea with marks and spencer yellow teabags.
Favourite party snack? Cocktail sausages.
Who is the best bald person? That bloke who was on strictly, greg wallace?
What's your disappointing claim to fame? I was interviewed on the day of GTA 4's release on ITV as I walked out of HMV with the game. Then got a detention for bunking school when one of my teachers saw it on the news.
What's your perfect Sunday? Full english, movies, go for a run.
Did you threaten to overrule him? Yes.
Did you threaten to overrule him? Yes
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him? Yes I certainly did.

Top Bottom