• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broforce |OT| Fighting for brotastic freedom, bro

oCVIrfj.jpg

http://www.broforcegame.com/
$14.99 (PC, Mac)
33% off/$9.99 for launch week
Steam, Humble

Launch Trailer | The Ballad of Rambro | Freedom Update | Alien Infestation | Tactical Update

AZdtu5h.gif
7lG2Y7n.gif
3u9WwRZ.gif

When evil threatens the world, the world calls on Broforce - an under-funded, over-powered paramilitary organization dealing exclusively in excessive force. Brace your loins with up to four players to run ‘n’ gun as dozens of different bros and eliminate the opposing terrorist forces that threaten our way of life. Unleash scores of unique weapons and set off incredible chain reactions of fire, napalm, and limbs in the name of freedom.

• The Broforce: Deliver your own brand of shock and awe with dozens of bros each with their own unique weaponry and special attacks designed to dispatch freedom across the world.
  • Bro-Op & Deathmatch: Battle terrorism with up to four players in cooperative mode or sever ties with your bros and face each other in several bombastic competitive modes.
  • Explosion Run: Join up with other bros to tackle these unique time attack levels under the pressure of exploding terrains and mass chaos.
  • Fully Destructible Everything: Destructible terrain opens up a slew of strategic options while the abundance of Exploding Red Barrels of Justice™ can literally level the playing field with one shot.
  • Level Editor: Design your own playground of destruction with a robust level editor and become the envy of all the other bros by sharing them online. Browse through scores of custom user created levels and complete them to rate their Bro-ness.
cukVIWl.jpg
hhJOjyt.jpg

mxNtT0c.jpg
xpRtI3x.jpg

PwDNY9H.jpg
8EjLzke.jpg

Reviews
The Escapist - 4.5/5
Broforce is a silly, but sincere love letter to iconic action movies, refined to perfection with rich environments and wonderfully-crafted enemies. Even when you're killed by an out-of-control explosion which you triggered, you'll be having an absolute blast with this game.
The Sixth Axis - 8/10
Carving your way through a level in Broforce is chock full of muscle flexing carnage, and it’s brilliant for it as explosions rock the screen and you tear through the scenery. Though inventive, some of the boss fights halt that fun, and the way co-op deals with lives is too unforgiving, but it’s always throwing out something new, whether it’s a different looking environment to blow up, a new type of enemy to blow up or another new bro to add to the team and blow things up with.
Videogamer - 7/10
Whether Broforce has the legs to keep you interested beyond a few days play is probably dependent on the amount of people that you can get to play it with you (it does have an online mode, but this feels like it should be in-person multiplayer, if only for the boiled piss), but it's a great laugh nonetheless.

BrodellWalkerRoundhouse1Small.gif

FloatOn

Nice. I played the expendabros earlier in the year and liked that. I'm sure I'll pick this up at some point.

Holy shit, it was still on Early Access? It's been years since I bought it and it already felt complete. Any noteworty additions for release?

co-op multiplayer requires a ton of patience. One bad environment destruction can kill the entire team and the random respawns can mess with your ability to coordinate. Still a challenging and entertaining little game.

MisterNoisy

Finished the
Alien
levels with a bunch of friends. This game is great if you have 4x XBox controllers on a PC hooked up to your TV. Not Duck Game great, but pretty great.

Ozium

they added the final world and final boss and depending on when you last played it they added more bros and and the alien levels

ricki42

Kind of disappointed that they announced a Linux version in the "Ballad of Rambro" trailer, but haven't released one. From the Steam community discussion it sounds like they haven't even really worked on it at all. Hope they release it soon, game looks like fun.

Haunted

I think they captured more of the spirit of the characters they're parodying in the little character portraits than in the new big unlock art. I also liked the old general better. The new world map is cool.

That said, it's still the same fun, explosive, fast-paced Broforce gameplay it was in early access, so I recommend it for those who haven't checked it out yet.

Arttemis

Damn, is been years since I played this on PC. I didn't realize it was still in development.

Instant purchase when it releases on PS4.

I avoided playing this at all until it was out of Early Access. Really happy with the final product. It works shockingly well for something that started as a dumb joke in a Flash game.

Anyone running this on a lower end system? The earlier free versions and even Expendabros ran alright on my 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo Macbook with 8 GB of ram (in Win7 and OS X). The recommendations and requirements on Steam make me think I might need to wait for the console release though.

Haunted

Finally beat that boss, pretty tough fight, one of the few instances in the game where it wasn't really possible to bullshit your way through and had to learn the patterns, as well as get lucky with the right character.

latest

My bro Ash finally did it. That chainsaw special is devastating.

I'm definitely picking this up for the PS4. I'm surprised this isn't releasing on the Xbox One... parity clause?
That's what the devs sad, but the Xbox ID guy posted on NeoGAF saying otherwise
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147798476&postcount=580
Well, what the xbox ID guy said doesn't contradict that the devs hold the parity clause responsible for a lack of contact and communication between the two parties. It boils down to which company is inviting and open and which company talks mostly about restrictions and didn't reach out. Sony came up to them and worked out a deal, MS didn't and still isn't.

Mikeside

I started playing this last night, not really expecting it to shine.

Wowsers. This game is awesome. I love that from dying/completing a level to starting the next one is basically a couple of seconds - Helps make the game very hard to put down.

glow

Banned
Noticed some cool improvements in the final build

- stable framerate during big multiple effects going on simultaneously like rain, explosions, aliens, acid
- you can juggle enemy grenades with guns
- some nice looking post fx
- Indiana Brones' whip and special more powerful but he's still the weakest bro imo
- harder to cheat your way through boss battles

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Expendabros was hilarious and fun. Gonna pick this up, great price! Not sure I wanna wait for the PS4 one.

That final boss was brutal. I think I died more in that fight than in the whole rest of the campaign put together. Finally had to cheese it with Broheart.

nded

I got caught off guard and had to beat
the first satan fight
twice because there is no checkpoint before the escape sequence starts.

My bro forced me to play thorugh the beta and Expandabros and I'm glad he did, I love it, can't wait for the PS4 version.
I loved the Homer Simpson scream in the beta, made me chuckle every time, I heard they removed it? :/

ArjanN

The final final final boss is a real motherfucker.

Haha, yeah, I saw a lot of complaints about him, but personally I liked the challenge though, considering you can just sort of brute force your way through most of the regular game.

Also, the ending was pretty cool.

Top Bottom