• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broforce |OT| Fighting for brotastic freedom, bro

kvn

The deathfield stage is completey impossible to due the controls not responding bug. You have to run away. How are supposed to fucking do that, if the controls are not responding? Man, I'm pissed at this port, especially since I had a lot of fun in the beginning. The performance in the later / end stages is also completely atrocious. What a complete shit port

barit

Fun little game but some of the perfomance issues .. yiek

Couldn't join any online matches so far. Reminds me of Helldivers last month when thousand of PS+ players rushed the servers (or Rocket League). This happens now way to often with PS+ games and seems like a common theme this generation. I mean I can understand when the first few days are rocky but come on does that really mean we have to get used to this? Always waiting for the first patch before everything works like it should?

Shaneus

Now, the framerate, It's garbage, and potentially unplayable past a certain point. I'm talking a consistent, rock solid, sub 10 FPS the majority of the time. It gets progressively worse, but the bad starts on stage 5 at least. By the time we got to 8 or 9, it basically always sub 10 FPS. I don't understand how this game can run so badly. If you play solo, the framerate is not as bad, which makes sense, but it still goes down the toilet. I couldn't imagine what 4 player co-op is like, since there were 3 of us and it was a nightmare. I haven't experienced a framerate this consistently bad since PS3 Skyrim, and this is much worse.

I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone, which is a shame because I actually really like playing it. It's a really fun game, especially in co-op, but it feels like there was absolutely no QA done with this game. It's insultingly bad, and it should be pulled from the store until it's fixed.
The framerate is "retro", just like the super cool pixel art style!
/sarcasm

MadSol

Unconfirmed Member
Well shit, I'll wait for the patch thanks all for the heads up. Just can't forget to go back and try it out later. Been waiting for plus game with wanton destruction.

I don't know how they could leave in a bug that blocks any input for a sec, EVERY single time you start at a checkpoint. Which often you have to factor in so that you don't die.

Then that slowdown when a lot is exploding (single player!). Fucking F4 doesn't turn in such a slideshow and this pixel game has no excuse to not run smooth as butter with no bugs whatsoever.

Indie games performance is really disappointing lately, maybe it's the small team size but come on get your shit together.

Anyway, does anyone know if they added more stuff for the PSN version? New characters? I guess the Expendabros stuff is not in, right?

Rymuth

FINISHED! Loved the game from start to end. Real shame about the input lag, it made that one last level almost impossible (solved it by just pausing and unpausing)

Go, BroForce! :)

bronk

Banned
Everytime i lower screen shake in the options it goes back up to 100% wtf!? Too much shaking gives me a headche.

poodaddy

Beat it last night and I gotta say, the performance issues and stage start input thing were a real bummer at DeathField as it did make that damn near impossible. That being said, I got lucky and loaded in with Time Bro and it got real easy real fast. The last boss was fucking rad but frustrating as hell, and the ending is probably one of the raddest, (that's the correct word to use for Broforce discussion), things I've ever partaken of. Paying your respects in a video game done properly.

Tapejara

I've played the first few levels with friends, and it's a lot of fun, but dear God those performance issues. Filled out the Google form and mentioned the input lag and framedrops. Hopefully they patch it soon because at a stable framerate it would be a really amazing game.

First Grow Home and now this... 0/2 so far, PS+ members...

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/08/why-voting-on-playstation-plus-games-is-a-bad-idea/

Sadly true... and Assault Android Cactus should have won this round.

This article is spot on. Armello really should have won that first round.

Zach

Super fun game. My son and I played through the first two stages/worlds/continents/whatever last night and it was great fun.

We also experienced the unfortunate input lag, though, which was a bummer. Hopefully they iron out those issues soon.

This game is amazing on the PC. Had a lot of fun with friends. Everything you do is just pure fun and laughter. Sucks to hear about the issues on the PS4.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Really disappointed in this game. Can't believe people, even many gaffers (!), chose this average sameness over AACactus! :(

Footos22

Really disappointed in this game. Can't believe people, even many gaffers (!), chose this average sameness over AACactus! :(

Aac would of probably been a out Before it's ready experience too especially with it looking much more demanding than broforce on the same engine.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Downloaded this for PS4 last night, game is freaking hilarious and fantastic...I can't put it down.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Gonna echo what ZangBa said -- this is genuinely the worst game I think I have ever played from a technical point of view. I had 5 crashes throughout beating it, ontop of random super long black screens, strange shit like enemies teleporting around and dying, getting stuck in an INFINITE LOOPING CREDITS(?) that I had to kill the app to get out of...ugh. The constant bug of the controller input just not working at the level/checkpoint start genuinely makes some parts absurdly difficult as well.

Then of course, the framerate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e21Xmkizkes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJOAqPjy9F4

Frequently drops and in many cases just remains in sub 10 fps glory for a long time...it was fucking ridiculous.

It's a shame because the game is more fun than I expected, but in all honestly it should not even be allowed to be on the store in this state. It's BAD.

Danneee

Sat down and played this between SFV games with a friend and whoa, I did not expect it to be this much fun! Controls and framerate issues aside, I like it. But the developers obviously need to address those issues.

dralla

The base game is fantastic and lots of fun to play. But the technical issues seriously drag the whole experience down. The game deserves better on PS4. How does the unresponsive control glitch make it into a game? How does no one notice that and fix it?

Ogawa-san

I thought the fps drops were to be expected on busier parts, then I watched some PC videos. I shouldn't have.

Between that and input issues, I'll just wait for a patch before putting more time into it.
does this game have some kind of dynamic bitrate? the music seems to get a bit mushy when the performance is dipping.
I thought that was my headset having issues... Feels like it's an effect they made for when you're too close to an explosion or something.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Aac would of probably been a out Before it's ready experience too especially with it looking much more demanding than broforce on the same engine.

Sorry I'm not following you. What you mean "a out before it's ready experience"?

AACactus is not even the same type of game as Broforce. Why would you compare them?

I didn't compare them. Sony made us vote to choose which of the two we would get "free" with PS+
Sorry if I didn't make myself clear

does this game have some kind of dynamic bitrate? the music seems to get a bit mushy when the performance is dipping.

Don't know about that but what I do know is that the mix is completely fucked up and every time you get a new character and the announcer screams his name my speakers (especially the front-left) drive its woofers at risk of blowing the membrane. It's clearly a sound issue, and hopefully they fix it asap.

Yo this game is really fun but what the fuck is that lag when you start a mission? How was this not fixed? It happens EVERY SINGLE TIME. Performance issues are terrible, especially if you are playing as Boondock Saints

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I peaced out pretty quickly because it was clearly a technical disaster. And looks like it gets way worse later? Amazing.

Finished the game not too long ago (shorter than I thought it would be), but good grief I wasn't expecting the issues people mentioned in this thread and others being that bad. The performance drops like crazy towards the very end (and a few times during the earlier levels) and there's a solid second of input lag after a level starts (which happens every single time, and I actually died a few times because of that). When I'm not having issues the game is good dumb fun, but until they patch this stuff I really don't feel like playing anymore (especially hard mode or any other mode for that matter). Maybe I'll buy the PC version when it goes on sale. =/

I played this on PC and absolutely loved it, and experienced no such issues as described here. Shame they screwed up the port, which is surprising given that the PS4 is not so different from a PC.

In the light of performance issues on the PS4, it probably was wise to cancel the vita port (though I would have loved the game there).

I'm somewhat interested in this. Two questions:

1) How's the soundtrack?

2) Are the performance issues prevalent on PC, or is it just an issue with the console port?

1) How's the soundtrack?

2) Are the performance issues prevalent on PC, or is it just an issue with the console port?

1) Don't remember, action is too frantic to really pay attention

2) Didn't notice any issues, but I do have a moderately beefy PC.

Broforce can be found for $5 right now, check the gamedeals subreddit for more information on that.

Rogan

Banned
I finished this yesterday and I loved every second of it. Loved Mr. Anderbro, Brade, The Boondock Bros, Time Bro and The Brodator! Really fun to play with. I'm sad I unlocked every character..

Got it free with PlayStation Plus, now looking for similar games (maybe from PS+ because I've got every free game for PS4). Suggestions anyone?

sector4

Sorry if this is a bit OT, but I had a friend over yesterday and he absolutely loved Broforce, he's asking if there's something similar he could grab on XB1? The only thing I could think of was Super Time Force Ultra maybe? Or Not a Hero but that's not out yet. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Godcannon

1) How's the soundtrack?

I'm on level 53 playing couch co-op with friends.

1. It's pretty non existent except for hilarious title intro, unlocking a character, and beating a level that ends with a finger tapping heavy metal solo.

2. Ps4 has slow framerate at times but wasn't enough to stop us. I've heard PC runs fine.

On a side note, I don't get the clamoring for AAC at all. I bought it because of GAF and we have a much better time playing this, so far anyway.

Rymuth

New Bros for 4th of July

Bro Lee
Bro-Lee.gif

Dirty Brory

Dirty-Brorry.gif

Tank Bro

Tank-Bro.gif

Snake Bro (updated)

Snake-Bro-2.gif

Top Bottom