• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse |OT| Paris in the spring

Well, we'll [subjectively] know for sure tonight I guess.

I hear you on graphics, it's the only reason daedelic have sprung to prominence.
It sure as hell ain't thanks to their dialogue or puzzle design...

Gangxxter

According to an update in the PC Games review, Revolution has already added the HD assets to the game, so it will run in 1080p too at launch!
I don't know if this is really true though.

Terra_Ex

You don't rate games by how desperate you are for someone to release something for the genre though :/

By the way, how is nico's va? From the sounds of things she's nowhere near as good as the one from BS2, but surely she's not as bad as the one from BS4?

I found BS2's Nico to be extremely flat, so hopefully her new va is nothing like that, its a pity that the devs have still been unable to find an actress that can stick with the franchise like George's VO, hell even tiny studios like Wadjet eye are able to keep the same voices between games, but I've moaned about that above already...

Now back to waiting for Revolution to sort their shit out and provide the codes, looking forward to playing later tonight.

All the reviews are saying that the jokes fall flat... bummer! The first two are still among the funniest games I've ever played, so this isn't what I wanted to hear.

Oh well, I'll see for myself, whenever the Vita version is out. Next week's store update maybe?

All the reviews are saying that the jokes fall flat... bummer! The first two are still among the funniest games I've ever played, so this isn't what I wanted to hear.

Oh well, I'll see for myself, whenever the Vita version is out. Next week's store update maybe?

Just an idea, but a lot of the reviews are French/German. Some of the jokes might not translate as well maybe?

Vita version won't be out until January.

I'll just assume they're wrong until I see it for myself. Have high hopes they nailed the dialogue and the humor.

So stoked to finally see this released! Can't really believe we're getting a brand new Broken Sword, and one that looks as good as this. Based Kickstarter. Let's hope they get the codes out tonight

Just an idea, but a lot of the reviews are French/German. Some of the jokes might not translate as well maybe?

Vita version won't be out until January.

Metro and Digital Spy are both UK based and they said the game wasn't funny.

And I'm sure I've read several times that the Vita version is out later this month.

Eeeep it's really here!

Wait a minute....

MPlrpAh.png

WHERE'S MY MAC VERSION?!?

;_:

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Looks pretty good, will definitely play this eventually, but probably waiting for a physical release to go with my other BS stuff.

Roxas

The irony that as a backer, and still not having had my code whilst others play the game, is not lost on me.

Gangxxter

It's also only 30-odd MB, so something is obviously about to go spectacularly wrong.

Edit: Looks like it only installs the digital rewards (posters, art etc) and not the actual game. That's mildly amusing.
Are you trying to download the Mac version? If so, it's not published yet, only Windows so far.

Ugghhh fuck this, downloaded the game on Steam, clicking "Play" and absolutely nothing is happening. I assume this means my laptop is too low-spec to open it?

GavinUK86

same day my gaf account is verified this comes out.

awesome!!

i got my steam code from the backers page.

I've beat Broken Sword 1-3, should I play 4 before this?

I've heard it sucked.

it's not great. worth playing if you're a fan though.

Terra_Ex

Excellent, redeemed on GOG since that's where I have the other 4 games, would have preferred keys for both distributors tho.

Top Bottom