• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse |OT| Paris in the spring

Just finished the first part. I really hated the way the first part ended. Not so much the cliffhanger itself, but just the
awkward banter between George and Nico while they're on the roof of the burning building

Acheteedo

Just finished Epsiode 1. Loved it, a wonderfully slow paced, relaxed affair with great characters, perfect difficulty, and a beautiful art style. Kickstarter money well spent. Can't wait for the second half.

Midou

Just finished Epsiode 1. Loved it, a wonderfully slow paced, relaxed affair with great characters, perfect difficulty, and a beautiful art style. Kickstarter money well spent. Can't wait for the second half.

Yep, basically how I felt, just finished it a couple of days ago but forgot to find this thread. My only complaint is that Nicole looks kind of dolled up. :p

I basically pledged when it launched and went blind.

Gangxxter

The iOS version of Episode 1 is out now in New Zealand. https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/broken-sword-5-serpents-curse/id720656825

I guess it will unlock in other regions at midnight local time (February 6th 12:00am).

Price: £2.99 / (US) $4.99 / (NZ) $6.99 / €4.49

The game requires iOS 7 and is optimized for iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and all iPad and iPod touch devices. iPhone 4 is not recommended because of performance issues. Sounds a bit worrisome. From the app description:

WARNING: Due to substantial graphic requirements, this game is optimised for iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and all iPad and iPod touch devices running iOS7. We do NOT recommend this game for the iPhone 4 - although it will play, there will be performance issues with movie play-back and general loading times.

If you experience any problems with the game, we recommend that you restart your device to free up memory. To do this press and hold the Sleep/Wake button at the top of your device until the red slider appears, then drag the slider to turn your device off.

Gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn6_7O56yws

EDIT: In other news, the Vita version is discounted until February 26th. http://www.revfans.com/news.php?id=246

Coop

S5 v1.03 (Windows/Mac/Linux)

- Full HD / 1080p support
- Support for different aspect ratios (4:3, 16:10, etc)
- Russian localisation
- Several compatibility, crash and game progression bug fixes

Now live on Steam. GoG, HumbleStore, to follow shortly.

Steam achievements didn’t make this build, but we hope to update again for these next week.

Well hopefully it makes its way to digital store shelves soon. And in better shape than episode 1 did initially. Still no achievements? They clearly bit off more than they can chew going for so many platforms.

Bebpo

Banned
That would be odd considering they just did an update that they had just finished voice recording last week. Doesn't seem like the game is done yet.

inm8num2

Yea I don't get how that's possible. Has a build been sent to backers of a certain tier for testing? If so, it could have been one of them.

Either way it's a shitty thing.

Shiggy

Hey Tony, looks like the HD update has been uploaded on some websites and it's being 'released' as Episode 2. Probably where the rumours are coming from. Oh how sad they'll be. - CJDragon

Indeed; ‘LOL’ about sums it up ;)

So it didn't leak.

JerkShep

Not sure why this game passed under my radar, but I'm going to play it sooner rather than later, I really loved Broken Sword 1&2 back in the days. Do you suggest waiting for the second part?

Also, I know nothing about 3 and 4, are they worthy sequels of the first two games?

Gangxxter

Also, I know nothing about 3 and 4, are they worthy sequels of the first two games?
They are not remotely as good as the first two games, but I would give 'em a try. 3&4 still have some decent writing and interesting characters. Worst thing about those games are the controls.

Gangxxter

0Pw6OUj.jpg

Android version is coming along nicely!

http://tonyrevdev.tumblr.com/post/77924116868/looking-nice-on-our-nexus-7-its-getting-there

Gangxxter

Fresh update from Tony on his blog:

Tony Warriner said:
So…
…we’re quite busy at the moment! Android is v close… any day now. Part 2 is going into an intense testing and polishing phase. Adding into all this is a lot of complication regarding translations and recordings. Plus a lot of backer stuff. Oh, and an iOS update, etc. It’s all kinda crazy, but in a few short weeks everything changes and we go into a period of quiet reflection… or maybe not :) Thanks for being patience while we work through all this stuff!

Gangxxter

Still not out for US Vitas... :(

From the latest Dev Diary (sent out via email to backers today):
And we are delighted that Sony Computer Entertainment America will be publishing the game on PS Vita in North America and Canada. So we can confirm that both will be available fairly soon.

Furthermore, the digital comic book will be sent out to $25+ backers next week.

Just checked this on GOG this morning after having forgotten about it for a while. Can't quite believe that Ep2 still isn't out yet. It says 31 March on GOG :-/

Shiggy

Backers can download the DRM-free Windows and Android version on HumbleBundle.com now. Everyone else can purchase both from the Humble Store.

inm8num2

Backer/download pages are now up at the Humble Store.

If your Humble email and Kickstarter email are the same, you should see your Broken Sword download page under "Claim past purchases."

Really glad Revolution did this. Now people have access to the DRM-free download as well as Android version (if you pledged enough).

Tizoc

TBH I'm not all that ticked off on the delays so long as they can release it without issues and having ironed everything out, that's fine.

ZeroX03

Banned
UPDATE:

We are so excited about the forthcoming release of Episode 2. Our team have been working tirelessly the past few weeks to reach the point we are now at, and we are very close to completion. All the game assets are in place, script has been locked, and the game is currently being thoroughly tested.

As ever in this industry, there have been minor setbacks that require immediate attention. Due to this, we intend to release Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse Episode 2 for PC/Mac/Linux in the first half of April, as we feel it is worth taking a short while to really polish the game. We are certain that you will see the worthwhile effects of this decision.

Thank you for accompanying us on this journey so far. It's been a tumultuous but extremely enjoyable one. We really appreciate your patience while we put the finishing touches to your game.

Guess I'll be waiting until May then, having picked up the EU Vita version.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Oh snap, today? Looks like I'm finally gonna play this!

Great timing, as I have a nice 8 hour flight tomorrow :)

Shin-Ra

In this second episode, you will burst out from Paris and London, going on to stunning locations throughout Spanish Catalonia and to deepest Iraq, the birthplace of civilisation. This episode ramps up the drama, as well as the difficulty – and concludes the themes set up in the first episode. I am currently writing a Director’s Message which will aim to encapsulate the historical themes that I wanted to convey through the game.
Episode 2 promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIHGgJwzGtE

ZeroX03

Banned
Ugh. Knew the Vita version wouldn't release at the same time, oh well, good to know they've finished and it'll be here soon.

Top Bottom