• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine S4 |OT| Go To Hell, Larry - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

1kfjpd.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I almost wish they temporarily changed the name for however long they are in Florida.

(Also I think my heart broke a little when I found out like most of TV-Gaf hates the show lol)

I almost wish they temporarily changed the name for however long they are in Florida.

(Also I think my heart broke a little when I found out like most of TV-Gaf hates the show lol)

They what?! This show is fantastic! Even when its not at its funniest it's amusing and funnier than 3/4 the dreck that's on tv besides it

Defuser

I always wonder why at the end of season 3 the bad guy decided to go only after Holt and Jake when it's the whole nine nine division that got involved. I can understand Holt cause he is the captain but why Jake and not Amy,Boyle, Terry and especially Diaz since she has a personal vendetta.

GhostBed

I liked last season but man I hope they stop with the over exposure of Hitchcock and Sully. They aren't characters, they are walking jokes and should stick to only having 1-2 lines an episode.

Episodes that involved them in the plot were dreadful.

Also hope the writing gets a bit better, lots of episodes last season were really predictable and boring as a result.

Still, I love this cast and I'm looking forward to the changeup this season.

VanWinkle

I remember people saying that they didn't like S3. I didn't really come into the show thread, just the cancellation thread. Maybe it's a different group of peeps.

I didn't really like S3. I've been disappointed in the show ever since the incredible S1 ended and S2 began. Still don't hate it, though. It's funny. Just...not as good as it was. Minor characters are getting way too much screentime and too many plots. Minor characters generally, IMO, are funnier AS minor characters. The Office had the same problems in its later seasons.

klaushm

Damn! Just found this show two weeks ago searching randomly at Netflix.
Saw S1 to S3 in a flash.

It was awesome. I'm recommending it to everyone who wants a comedy series in their lives.

Didn't know most people didn't enjoyed it.
Glad to hear S4 is almost hear :)

nynt9

Was really hoping that Jason Mantzoukas would become a regular this season, Pimento was great and had chemistry with everyone.

brinstar

I remember people saying that they didn't like S3. I didn't really come into the show thread, just the cancellation thread. Maybe it's a different group of peeps.

People seemed pretty down on S2 here but I liked it. Maybe because I watched it all at once on Hulu. There were some eps of S3 that felt like repeats of previous plots though. But I thought the last few episodes were great.

Season 3 episodes felt thin since most had A, B and C plots going on.

Is there any particular reason B99 isn't on Blu-Ray?

I want to have the episodes and support the show even though it is on Hulu but would prefer Blu-Ray over DVD even though the DVD set goes for $10 everly now and then.

big ander

Season 3 episodes felt thin since most had A, B and C plots going on.

I want to have the episodes and support the show even though it is on Hulu but would prefer Blu-Ray over DVD even though the DVD set goes for $10 everly now and then.

Reason many TV comedies don't get BD releases is simple and sad: they cost more to produce than they make.

I guess streaming makes up for this for most people—why would they pay for a disc set when it's all right there on hulu in HD—but being someone who grew up watching and rewatching my favorite comedies on DVD I wish I could get stuff now on Blu. I like owning sets and not having to cross my fingers my internet won't make the quality fluctuate.

Dereck

stuff like Hulu may have two shows that I want to rewatch which sometimes isn't worth the monthly fee. I get that I can easily sign up for a service and then cancel when I'm done or whatever but like you said Blu-ray's are just more convenient plus I can rip the episodes to my HDD for later

Fox doesn't produce Blu rays for most of their shows anymore. NBC and ABC have lowered their production and are really only sell Blu rays in specialty shops and some only exclusively on Amazon. CBS is the only major studio that is still producing Blu rays at a good pace but have noticed some of their lesser shows will only come out with a DVD.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I hope it comes back strong, but then, that The New Girl crossover doesn't exactly bode well. I definitely think S3 had some low points, but certainly not to the point where I'm giving up. It would be much appreciated if they can do more stories where the cast is more together, rather than three compartmentalized stories with everyone split off on thin adventures.

TheOddOne

Season premiere today:
Season 4: episode 1 "Coral Palms Pt.1"

Jake and Holt remain in Florida, adjusting to their new lives under the Witness Protection Program, while Jimmy "The Butcher" Figgis is still on the loose. Their one human link to their regular lives is U.S. Marshall Karen Haas, but their anonymity may be in danger when a video of them goes viral.
- Promo for this week's episode.

First two seasons are gold, but the writing dropped off HARD in the third. I'll give it another shot, but yikes, some bad stuff. I think after the one where they had mumps, I stopped watching for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom